• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Yakuza Kiwami 2 features arcades with playable Virtual On and Virtua Fighter 2

TimmiT

Shown in gameplay footage from TGS here.

Z1RSDCM.jpg

yptdFmn.jpg

oYSsBr2.png

bPMAW35.jpg

Ultimadrago

I thought we just heard of Kiwami 2's existence. There's already this much footage for it?

Edit: Fair enough, I'm sure they have plenty of assets to re-use. I just didn't know it was actually along.

dugdug

Banned
Man, if for no other reason, I'm glad PS4 was popular enough to allow Yakuza to be exposed to a bigger audience, so, that we can get these games without worry.

Pie and Beans

Look for me on the local news, I'll be the guy arrested for trying to burn down a Nintendo exec's house.
Yakuza 2 reconfirming itself as The Best One.

joe2187

Banned
Nice.

The only game I'm able to play in Kiwami 1 is that elementary school kids card battling game with big titty insect girls in bikinis. It's actually pretty fun.

Nice.

The only game I'm able to play in Kiwami 1 is that elementary school kids card battling game with big titty insect girls in bikinis. It's actually pretty fun.

Did you play Yakuza 0? It has Outrun and Space harrier and two others that I'm blanking on for some reason.

Yakuza 6 will have Virtua fighter 5 and Puyo Puyo.

joe2187

Banned
Did you play Yakuza 0? It has Outrun and Space harrier and two others that I'm blanking on for some reason.

I did, I was expecting Vf5 from Kiwami, but misread that since it's in Y6. Although VF5 wouldnt make much sense. I wanted to play Boxcelios however but I think that's either in Y4?

I played alot of VF2 in 5. The other two were fantasy zone and super hang on in 0.

I did, I was expecting Vf5 from Kiwami, but misread that since it's in Y6. Although VF5 wouldnt make much sense. I wanted to play Boxcelios however but I think that's either in Y4?

I played alot of VF2 in 5. The other two were fantasy zone and super hang on in 0.
Yeah Boxcelios is in Y4, and it's fun AF.

So how far will they go with these remakes? Willt hey stop with 2 since it was the last non HD game or will they keep going and redo the PS3 games as well?

Holy shit really? That's insane.

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
Yep, these games continue to be fucking amazing. As soon as this goes up for a localized pre order, I will do it so hard.

Awesome. I was really hoping to see Virtua Fighter 4 Final Tuned playable in KIWAMI 2 since that was the most up-to-date VF 4 game at the time. I'm really hoping at some point in the future, Daytona USA will be fully playable with online in a future installment.

So how far will they go with these remakes? Willt hey stop with 2 since it was the last non HD game or will they keep going and redo the PS3 games as well?

Yakuza 3&4 feel like pretty much the same engine as Yakuza 5, 0 and Kiwami. They really aren't in need of a remake, a PS4 port or remaster is all that's needed imo.

Edited*

Desmond

Yakuza 3,4,5 are pretty much on the same engine as Yakuza 0 and Kiwami. They really aren't in need of a remake. A PS4 port or remaster is all that's needed.
Really? It's seems 3,4 and Kenzan share a similar engine.

0 and Kiwami are on the same engine as 5. 4 and 5s engines are like night and day.

Is it me or does the game not look as good as Yakuza 6? Something about the lighting, but also Majima's face looking low-poly.

I didn't know Majima would be playable. Does he get his own story or is he just a bonus or something? I like Majima but I think the franchise is becoming a bit too obsessed with him ever since people started falling head over heels for him in 0.

Really? It's seems 3,4 and Kenzan share a similar engine.

0 and Kiwami are on the same engine as 5. 4 and 5s engines are like night and day.

Yea, I guess you're right on the (Kenzan, 3, 4) / (5, Ishin) jump.

In my memory the jump wasn't anywhere near as big as the Y6 leap from what I've seen. Those early PS3 games still feel pretty solid from the last time I played them.

Top Bottom