• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XV: A New Empire tops 20 million downloads

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
It's slightly behind Final Fantasy: Brave Exvius, which I believe is Square Enix's most downloaded mobile game ever at 23 million downloads as of July. [Update: Apparently we just got a new number of 27 million, which I split off to a separate thread.]

DualShockers said:
Remember the mobile title Final Fantasy XV: A New Empire by Game of War: Fire Age developer Machine Zone? Apparently it's doing very well, according to the studio's Chief Executive Officer Gabriel Leydon, as he explained in an interview on today's issue of the Japanese magazine Weekly Famitsu.

The game has passed 20,000,000 downloads worldwide, and Leydon mentions that while it's popular in Japan, North America is also a big market for the title.

The interview also included a few interesting snippets of information on the game's future. Apparently the ability to play characters other than Noctos, and Astral summoning will be implemented soon.
Source: https://www.dualshockers.com/final-fantasy-xv-new-empire-20-million-downloads/

And in case you were wondering why the game's advertising star is Alexis Ren:
Interestingly, Leydon also talks a bit about [Alexis Ren's] involvement, explaining that she is a very talented lady, and her Instagram and Twitter accounts are tremendously popular in Japan. When fans came to the airport to welcome her, he felt that the choice was a correct one. Leydon mentions that her social media popularity was one of the reasons why she was selected, as he believes that the promotional value of an extremely popular Instagram talent is easily comparable to that of traditional celebrities.

I've seen the ad on Youtube easily over a hundred times without exaggeration.
I didn't even like the real/main game so it's pretty grating.
Downloaded it to try and stop the ads but it didn't work.

Wonder if it's making a lot of money with how much they have to be spending on marketing.

Interfectum

Such a shame a game that shitty gets so many downloads.

I love me some mobile gaming but holy fuck is A New Empire annoying as shit.

BocoDragon

or, How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Realize This Assgrab is Delicious
Imagine how 3-4x the people will consider this to be FFXV compared to the real thing.

Rymuth

Gah, I know the feel -_-

I can still hear "Deploy your defenses" perfectly in my head...

Their shitty barely legal business model works. Game of War, Mobile Strike and this are so exploitative and falsely represented in advertising that this company alone should be argument for more regulation of game apps.

These games are seriously all just WarCraft 2 but with every timed thing stretched to the limit from unit movements, building, upgrading and making more units able to be sped up with money to make you throw money into an endless cycle of bullshit. It's so fucking gross.

Koozek

Wonder if it's making a lot of money with how much they have to be spending on marketing.
Heard it's making shit ton of money, so yeah, it worked.

Spukc

always chasing the next thrill
Installing right now will edit after i have played it.
Title screen picture was not even correct aspect ratio.😂

Game looks like other mobile games somehow.
Only another skin on it.
Oh it is one of those build on a timer thing games.🤔

Uninstalled😍

The ads for this are getting out of hand. I even installed the damn game to try and make them stop but nope they keep going.

Not surprised. I see ads for it on almost every goddamn YouTube video when I'm on mobile, and on Tumblr when I'm looking to see what's new (also mobile).

khaaan

Is that the tower defense one?

eIe2De8.png

lulz

Was gonna say no wonder since the marketing is so in your face everywhere you go on the net, but yeah, seems like everyone else is saying the same haha, kudos to the marketing team they really couldn't have pushed this game any harder than they have...yeesh.

Installing right now will edit after i have played it.
Title screen picture was not even correct aspect ratio.😂

Game looks like other mobile games somehow.
Only another skin on it.
Oh it is one of those build on a timer thing games.🤔

Uninstalled😍
Lol, exactly my path as well

Kouriozan

Brave Exvius numbers got update at the New York Fan Festa earlier this month and is now at 27 millions iirc.

EDIT : excuse the poor quality, but there it is

PlxtKW2.png

Wow nice advert as in I can see it appealing to a mass audience

Never heard of this game before, though I dont follow mobile games closely beyond new gaf threads

Arkeband

Banned
I work at a phone store and this game comes preloaded on Samsung phones. Very weird and not sure if that counts.

That seems really gross.

like everyone else in the thread, 90% of my mobile youtube ads are for this game.

it's infuriating.

It wouldn’t be so bad if the ads weren’t so pants-on-head moronic. It literally has a bunch of dudes attaching phones to their bodies(?!) for no reason.

Downloaded on the name alone with millions of duplicate accounts. It's a garbage pure p2w game

The ads are all so misleading for what the game is as well. Literally none of the ads actually show what the game is

Ok GAF, for real.

I have clicked the icon "Stop seeing this ad" and selected "irrelevant" and "repetitive" a few dozen times for this game and Wings of Discord and they. are. not. going. away.

I have zero, and I do mean ZERO problems with ads on Youtube as long as they are relevant to me and at least varied in some way.

How the hell do I influence the algorithm to shape up and fuck off?

Goldrush

Gave it a download a bit back. I tolerate a lot in mobile gaming, but horrible UI isn't one of them. The game have the UI of a 90's PC game. The screen is cluttered with texts and stats. Absolutely horrible to try to do anything in my iPhone SE.

AgeEighty

The ads for this are getting out of hand. I even installed the damn game to try and make them stop but nope they keep going.

One grating thing about them is they just call it "Final Fantasy XV" in the ads, so they're clearly trying to obscure the fact that it's just a spinoff and not the actual game.

And the ads are so elaborate, yet in the end it's just another clone of Mobile Strike which was just a clone of Game of War (which was just a copy of Warcraft 2). They don't even bother rewriting the dialogue boxes.

Keinning

Is this that game where you need to buy MTs even for basic attacks (cause they are limited for the day*)? Can't find the thread we had on it right now

Spukc

always chasing the next thrill
Ok GAF, for real.

I have clicked the icon "Stop seeing this ad" and selected "irrelevant" and "repetitive" a few dozen times for this game and Wings of Discord and they. are. not. going. away.

I have zero, and I do mean ZERO problems with ads on Youtube as long as they are relevant to me and at least varied in some way.

How the hell do I influence the algorithm to shape up and fuck off?

Have you tried this video tut ?

https://youtu.be/v0HAglNMD_o

Qwark

Does this include phones that it came pre-installed on? Had to take it off of my parents' phones because they kept accidentally opening it.

Fbh

Not surprising, Must be doing great to be able to afford 90% of the gaming related ads on yotube

Top Bottom