• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Animal Crossing: Pocket Camp (mobile game) OUT NOW

mandiller

It's up on Google Play in Australia: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.nintendo.zaca&hl=en

*Edit* iOS too: https://itunes.apple.com/au/app/animal-crossing-pocket-camp/id1179915619?mt=8

The game installs and runs fine. The servers are working.

ru1xEfy.jpg
4NafkRV.png
n4eVM1h.jpg

Atheerios

Thanks! It asks for a country though and only Australia appears unfortunately. I don't want to lock myself into a region before the game comes out.
You can change it later in theory when the game launches it should allow you to link it to a Nintendo Account from any country.

Drain You

That's cool. Cavemen liked to start fires by beating stones together.

Game runs great on my Blackberry Priv.

Anyways really surprised how good the game looks. Seems like it's going to be a lot of fun. Glad there is the option to drag to move your character also.

Shadoron

Anyways really surprised how good the game looks. Seems like it's going to be a lot of fun. Glad there is the option to drag to move your character also.

My Priv seems to be running it just fine as well. Seems it's not too technical for us "cavemen." (lol)

I'm just razzin'. Good to hear that it runs well.

Waiting for the NA release!

Lelou

Can't link the nint account because of the region, will i be able to switch region in the game after the global release?

Anyone who cant wait, you can just download the APK and use a Australian VPN to try the game out

I'm currently at work, but I'm going to try it when i get home

Drain You

Anyone who cant wait, you can just download the APK and use a Australian VPN to try the game out

I'm currently at work, but I'm going to try it when i get home

I don't really see why a VPN is needed. Is it just so people don't possibly get locked into an Australian account?

Watta, didn't even saw the Direct and it's out now lol?

Sweeeet,

Fake edit: Dang, only Australia! Guess it's a matter of days to come out Worldwide, yes?

killercow

Watta, didn't even saw the Direct and it's out now lol?

Sweeeet,

Fake edit: Dang, only Australia! Guess it's a matter of days to come out Worldwide, yes?

Coming out late November for everybody else.

Anyone getting a communication error after the tutorial? (code 802-5808). Might need a VPN after all.

Peterthumpa

Just played it for an hour or so. Really charming game, very well made, and obviously does not try to replicate a full fledged Animal Crossing game, but the charm is there, the UI is beautiful, camera controls are surprisingly diverse and there's plenty to do without having to spend a single dime to buy "leafs", or the in-game currency.

The locations around the world are small but full of personality, online integration is flawless, you can now sell your stuff in a market place, visit other people's campers, list goes on.

Another great mobile game by Nintendo. What a year for the big N!

Shoyz

By getting help from 5 friends, you can visit the mine without having to use tickets.

My friend ID is 2415 9835 178, will help your mining.

Umi88

By getting help from 5 friends, you can visit the mine without having to use tickets.

My friend ID is 2415 9835 178, will help your mining.

Friend ID 2157 0374 065 here.

Just sent you a request :p . Lets see if we can get more people to visit the mine without tickets .

Shoyz

Wait, what regions?

Just a clarification that it's not available everywhere; probably just AU still.

The mine can only be used once per day, it even disables the ticket version, so that microtransacton is completely avoidable!

DKPOWPOW

Pocket... Camp...?

I can only imagine asking someone, "Hey did you play Pocket Camp today?"

H-how did you know I was the Pocket Champ...

Top Bottom