• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fullmetal Alchemist Mobile to end service on March 29, 2024. Players losing all purchased items.

Draugoth

Gold Member
Fullmetal-Alchemist-Mobile_12-27-23-1024x576.jpg

Free-to-play mobile RPG Fullmetal Alchemist Mobile will end service on March 29, 2024 at 13:00 JST, Square Enix announced. All in-game purchases have been suspended as of today.

Fullmetal Alchemist Mobile launched for iOS via App Store and Android via Google Play on August 4, 2022.

In a letter, the development team said that while it has received positive feedback regarding its depiction of the original work’s story in the game, it has also received various opinions in areas where it has not been able to provide satisfactory service. And while it has taken initiatives to improve, it has become difficult to maintain the team structure necessary to provide better service going forward.

Since service will end before the development team is able to deliver on the original story it had previously promised, it will instead produce it as a voice drama to be released sequentially via streaming between January and March 2024.

MiguelItUp

Definitely feels like SE is doing some cleaning.

Shame that folks are losing purchased items, but honestly you should never expect to be refunded if something like this closes. Especially if it's been functional for a long period of time.

acm2000

People spent their money and had their fun, why would you even expect refunds? Should be looking at these free to play purchases as just consumables

Danjin44

The nicest person on this forum
No matter its mobile or consoles.....online only absolutely no go for me, I dont like games that has expiration date.

LRKD

No idea about the game and how it works, but can't they patch it to run offline too?
Yes, but that's true for all online only games. They could all easily be patched to play offline, or release server info so players could host their own private servers. But there is no money in that, so it nearly never happens. Although the only time I know a mobile game got any kind of official shut down support was a squenix game, Kingdom Hearts UX, it got a update when the servers closed so you could go through the story offline and view all the cutscenes still.

Definitely feels like SE is doing some cleaning.

Shame that folks are losing purchased items, but honestly you should never expect to be refunded if something like this closes. Especially if it's been functional for a long period of time.
lol I never understand this argurement . Yeah we purchase items on the store . But after a while we never use it again . We move on from it . I’m sure they got their monies worth of the items

So makes this, Dissidia OO and DQ Tactics all shutting down Feb/Marc.

FFBE still going strong I think but damn SE is cleaning shop right now

MiguelItUp

lol I never understand this argurement . Yeah we purchase items on the store . But after a while we never use it again . We move on from it . I’m sure they got their monies worth of the items
Ditto. But surprisingly enough, a ton of people will bring it up and actually seem upset about it, it's pretty wild, haha.

Top Bottom