• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Animal Crossing: Pocket Camp (mobile game) OUT NOW

jon bones

hot hot hanuman-on-man action
can anyone see if this has cloud saves for iOS? we are right in the middle of phone upgrade season after all.

thanks

v1oz

Because our market is a mini US. They can test stuff in Australia and make tweaks before they launch in the US. I hear we have very similar markets, just at a smaller scale.
Canada is a mini US. You’re more like a big New Zealand.

TheGrizz

Sooooo if I switch my region to AUS (I'm in the US), will it mess up my Switch account? I really don't want to screw up my playing of Super Mario Odyssey this Friday but I downloaded the APK and need to switch to AUS...any thoughts here?

I thought about doing into the hassle of downloading it but frankly would rather wait for official release, otherwise Nintendo ID hijinks and whatnot not really worth it. I'll enjoy Mario and wait for the test to be done, look forward to impressions though

eyesradar

Can I create an AU iOS acc and download it there without linking my Nintendo Acc till it launches in Canada then link it? or the App itself is geomarked...

mazillion

APK worked perfectly for me in the US. Haven't really dug into it yet but it looks and feels very polished. It's already exceeding my expectations.

Crazyorloco

Wow. So I could have swore I saw the direct and it said late November. lol

Did i just dream this?

great news if it's out already. can't wait to be consumed by this.

Wow. So I could have swore I saw the direct and it said late November. lol

Did i just dream this?

great news if it's out already. can't wait to be consumed by this.

Title is misleading.

It’s only out on the Australian App Store (iOS/Android), fest ofnthe world seemingly late November.

SuperPac

So far the game seems to have the charm of Animal Crossing, but it places new metagame mechanics on interactions with other characters - Like upping your relationship with certain animals by doing simple fetch quests for them or needing certain pieces of furniture so animals will visit my camp.

It doesn't seem that you can sell items outside of your Market Box? So playing to amass bells is more focused on the fetch quests. Ordering (well, crafting) furniture and items is now also largely dependent on your player level. I was hoping to grab a pair of glasses for my character but... can't figure out how to do that at the moment. Actually other than what the Able Sisters Mobile Store is selling I don't even know where to find outfits so I've just got the default one on.

It feels like Animal Crossing x Miitomo. It's very well designed. It's got some of the charm of AC, but it's missing the breadth of customization and little secrets. It's surface-level Animal Crossing. Maybe that's enough, I dunno?

k91191

So far the game seems to have the charm of Animal Crossing, but it places new metagame mechanics on interactions with other characters - Like upping your relationship with certain animals by doing simple fetch quests for them or needing certain pieces of furniture so animals will visit my camp.

It doesn't seem that you can sell items outside of your Market Box? So playing to amass bells is more focused on the fetch quests. Ordering (well, crafting) furniture and items is now also largely dependent on your player level. I was hoping to grab a pair of glasses for my character but... can't figure out how to do that at the moment. Actually other than what the Able Sisters Mobile Store is selling I don't even know where to find outfits so I've just got the default one on.

It feels like Animal Crossing x Miitomo. It's very well designed. It's got some of the charm of AC, but it's missing the breadth of customization and little secrets. It's surface-level Animal Crossing. Maybe that's enough, I dunno?

It seems like a water-downed gimped version of New Leaf.

Some interesting new mechanics such as animal friendship levels and the honey/fishing nets for bigger hauls of bugs/fish.
I also like how you can see the rewards you'll get from an animal before you even do their requested task.

As of now, New Leaf is still the better game. I'm sure Pocket Camp still has some surprises for me to find though.

schwupp

Is there still a way to create a aus Account without a payment method?
Im always stuck at that. Mobile/pc or even pc with vpn

wildbite

Is there still a way to create a aus Account without a payment method?
Im always stuck at that. Mobile/pc or even pc with vpn

Sign out and download any free app from the Aus App Store on mobile. It then promoted me to make an account to download the free app. I made the account and it didn’t force me to enter a credit card or PayPal. I then returned to the App Store and downloaded the AC game.

celebi23

So, I'm looking for a little help. Trying to pay off some more of my 200,000 Bell loan. If anyone wants to buy any of the stuff in my listing, I'll throw in a NA Marshadow, a NA Charizard & a NA Shiny Silvally code. Just shoot me a PM if you're interested.
CzmrYug.png

cU8I83q.png

2tegnaC.png

Top Bottom