• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sony announces their Black Friday 2017 Playstation deals

Elios83

Nov-10-Black-Friday-lead-image-755x425.jpg

https://blog.us.playstation.com/2017/11/10/black-friday-2017-week-long-playstation-deals-revealed/

To get in the holiday spirit, we've got some amazing Black Friday deals to share with you. We're celebrating Black Friday early and for an entire week this year in the U.S., starting on November 19 through Cyber Monday on November 27, at participating retailers while supplies last.
First up, all PlayStation VR bundles will be available at a great deal at participating retailers. This includes the recently announced PlayStation VR Gran Turismo Sport Bundle at $299.99 USD (MSRP) and PlayStation VR Skyrim VR Bundle at $349.99 USD (MSRP). There has never been a better time to jump into the driver's seat in GT Sport for a heightened VR experience, or transport yourself into the virtual open game world of The Elder Scrolls filled with dragon-fighting action.
For PlayStation 4, the standard slim 1TB system in Jet Black will be available at $199.99 USD. This is the perfect time to pick up a PS4 as a gift for the special gamer in your life, or as a treat for yourself. You can also stock up on additional DualShock 4 wireless controllers while you're at it. All DS4 controllers, including the recently released translucent colors, will start at $39.99 USD (MSRP) at participating retailers.
If you're a PlayStation Plus member, you'll get exclusive early access to some of the biggest deals in the PlayStation Store Black Friday Sale starting on November 17. PS Plus members will find deals of up to 40% off on the hottest blockbuster titles.
Even if you're not a PS Plus member, you still can take advantage of the Black Friday deals at PS Store starting November 21 through 8am PT November 28. We'll have more details on PS Store Black Friday offers in the coming days, so stay tuned.
Thanks to all of our fans for continuing to make PS4 the top selling game console and PlayStation the best place to play. We're looking forward to another amazing holiday season and hope you and your family have a wonderful Thanksgiving!

Elios83

It is amazing that Sony is not push Pro. It is like they gave up on it.

It's not like they need to when their competition costs 100$ more and the target audience for the product is way less price sensitive compared to those who buy the basic model.

dolabla

Oh hell yes! All PS4 controllers will be $39.99! I can now get that crystal clear controller from Gamestop!

RootCause

It's not like they need to when their competition costs 100$ more and the target audience for the product is way less price sensitive compared to those who buy the basic model.
It's a $100 more, but it's also offering a lot more for it. It's definitely a better value for your buck.

Norse

It's a $100 more, but it's also offering a lot more for it. It's definitely a better value for your buck.

Agreed. Heck you can't buy a 4k uhd disc player for $100. That alone covers the higher price.

Sony makes a ton of money off psn+ and getting people on that is the goal so sell as many ps4's as they can is a good way to accomplish it. Smart business.

FireCloud

If you were only going to own one console, I don't think the value statement holds for the X1X. The difference in software available on PS4 still has the PS4 Pro being the better deal. IMHO

However, if you were only interested in playing multiplats, then the X1X is something to consider. Given Microsoft's anemic first party software releases, they wouldn't be a factor in swaying me one way or the other.

I'm hoping there are some decent games available with PS+ discounts, I'd love to pickup the Nioh and some other titles if they are at a good price.

Blam

Where's the trade in your PS4, and select games for a Pro. Because I"d do it. I"d throw my Slim right into that pile if I could get a Pro.

yyr

It is amazing that Sony is not push Pro. It is like they gave up on it.

Or maybe they realize that they don't need to discount it, because the people that really want it are willing to pay their asking price. This is the same reason why you won't find any discounts on Nintendo Switch or Xbox One X this year.

The discount on the base system is an effort to increase the size of the PS4's installed base, and it's absolutely the right move for them to make. If PS4's installed base dwarfs the size of Xbox One's, then it doesn't matter whether they have the most powerful box or not.

AmuroChan

I guess I am really disappointed that there is no pro sale, was looking forward to buy one. Now I might just settle with a slim.

Be patient. There will be some last minute Pro deals closer to BF or CM. IIRC Newegg had the Pro for $380 last year sometime around BF.

Agreed. Heck you can't buy a 4k uhd disc player for $100. That alone covers the higher price.

Sony makes a ton of money off psn+ and getting people on that is the goal so sell as many ps4's as they can is a good way to accomplish it. Smart business.

Ummm the pro doesn’t play 4K uhd discs

Agent Icebeezy

Welcome beautful toddler, Madison Elizabeth, to the horde!
One day I'll get the VR, I'm so glad I didn't pull the trigger on launch date. I would have been heated right about now.

D

Deleted member 471617

Unconfirmed Member
Pretty much what was expected. Sony should have put a PS4 Pro bundle with a digital copy of Horizon Zero Dawn for $300 because for $200 less and getting the 2017 game of the year compared to the ore expensive console, it's easier the better purchase by far.

Playing through The Frozen Wilds and my goodness, the entire base game and DLC play to near perfection and visually, is easily the best looking game this generation.

Kuksenkov

Neo Member
The $199 Slim 1TB PS4 is a nice deal, although I should've snatched the gold one when it released for $249.

Hopefully they'll have some nice software sales in their store.

Unknown?

$349 for the Skyrim PSVR?! That’s insane!! $50 cheaper than the core regularly goes for with two moves and a new game.

Dabanton

Sony doesn't need to cut the price of the Pro yet, it's their premium offering. You need to keep some sort of prestige about it.

The slim is the entry level system. For people who don't want to spend a lot of money.

I mean if your price sensitive then the Pro is not for you really.

John Wick

There should definitely be a Pro BF bundle too. Sony would kill it at $300 with one of their games as a digital download. In the UK you can get the Pro with 4 games £349 right now.

thelastword

Banned
This will make a killing in the market, never expected them to go so low on the slim, the 1TB model at that. I think sony is eyeing the casual crowd right now and looking to get this console past the 100 million mark.

I don't think PRO needs a reduction since the XBONEX is $100.00 more and I'm pretty sure you will get the PRO at select retailers and in flash sales for around $350.00 this holiday anyway. So sony really does not have to push it, PRO will sell just fine on it's own....

Also, sweetspot for VR, especially with all the VR sales they've been having recently and all the VR games they announced in Paris....I think these prices will pull in great numbers for Sony this Holiday....

I'm hoping the PSN game deals are pretty good, but when they specify "Up to 40%" when Target, Best Buy and others have newer games on sale for 50%, I'm not expecting much.

So what's better, the Skyrim bundle at $349 or the core bundle at $200?

Assuming you want the Skyrim game, that bundle comes with a camera which is commonly available for about $40 and move controllers that are about $80 on amazon right now. Then take into account that the Skyrim bundle features the new headset with HDR passthrough and integrated earphones, and I'd say the $349 bundle is probably the best overall deal.

Assuming you want the Skyrim game, that bundle comes with a camera which is commonly available for about $40 and move controllers that are about $80 on amazon right now. Then take into account that the Skyrim bundle features the new headset with HDR passthrough and integrated earphones, and I'd say the $349 bundle is probably the best overall deal.

The core will get you into the door and work with several games just fine but as far as value goes the Skyrim bundle is way way better.
Thanks guys. I've figured the camera is a part of the cost no matter what, so used doesn't matter to me. I've heard mixed reactions about how necessary the Move controllers are. With Skyrim they're obviously necessary, but I don't mind buying them used used either.

I might just get the Skyrim bundle. Thanks!

Unknown?

Thanks guys. I've figured the camera is a part of the cost no matter what, so used doesn't matter to me. I've heard mixed reactions about how necessary the Move controllers are. With Skyrim they're obviously necessary, but I don't mind buying them used used either.

In the Skyrim bundle I believe they are the new ones with the micro usb instead of mini. I could be wrong but either way going used on a Move controller might get you one from 2010 with a bum battery. They aren’t all bad but if it’s had tons of use it could have a problem holding a charge.

In the Skyrim bundle I believe they are the new ones with the micro usb instead of mini. I could be wrong but either way going used on a Move controller might get you one from 2010 with a bum battery. They aren’t all bad but if it’s had tons of use it could have a problem holding a charge.
Yeah it just doesn't seem logical to go Core + used everything else when the Skyrim bundle is that cheap. I'm absolutely gonna be in like Flynn

I'm not gonna lie, having a Rift and a stronk PC, the biggest reason I have to get a PSVR are these (timed) exclusives Sony is pushing along. I'm waiting on RE7 (so far at least) but I wonder what else is down the pipeline.

SRTtoZ

Nothing on the Pro so I ordered the Destiny bundle from Best Buy. I'm not gonna sweat it for maybe a $50 savings. I held out long enough...

Horizon and Lost Legacy on the way!

firelogic

$200 for a PS4 is a pretty sweet deal especially when you consider all the great games available for it, not to mention the big exclusives coming in 2018 and beyond.

I was hoping for a $100 Pro discount but alas, I guess I'll have to finally get one at regular price. I must play God of War and The Last of Us 2 in 4k.

I'd say the move controllers are a pretty necessary entity as a number of titles use them. The biggest thing is you're getting the updated headset and Skyrim( again, assuming you want that game), so even if you bought the move controllers and camera used to save a buck I still say it's worth it for the 2.0 headset. In any event it sounds like you made your decision so enjoy when you get your hands on it : )

Top Bottom