• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sony trademarks Syphon Filter in Europe

sublimit

Banned
https://twitter.com/gematsucom?ref_src=twsrc^tfw&ref_url=https://gematsu.com/

DOTL2eyVwAAi5r3.jpg

Remaster or new entry??

firelogic

Probably remakes by a company like Bluepoint? (I'm aware they're working on SotC) They don't have any first party studios free to work on a Syphon Filter right now.

Or they're simply renewing the trademark.

Unknown?

Probably remakes by a company like Bluepoint? (I'm aware they're working on SotC) They don't have any first party studios free to work on a Syphon Filter right now.

Sanzaru? Idk but they have a lot of second party affiliates in Europe. What about London? It’s one of Sony’s largest studios and isn’t doing much. Those party games aren’t time consuming.

I had a high opinion of the first two and MGSV had me imagining open-world versions of Moscow and D.C.

Never returned after it moved to PS2. Franchise was on hiatus for awhile after 989 disbanded.

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
Fucking weirdest thing, I was just thinking about this franchise for the first time in forever. Was surprised to see there hadn't been a game in a decade.

Mister Apoc

Demigod of Troll Threads
why didn't Syphon Filter have the same impact as Metal Gear Solid it came out a year later, it was a stealth game and it had an immersive plot at the time?

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
I'm cautiously optimistic but bracing for bad news

firelogic

Sanzaru? Idk but they have a lot of second party affiliates in Europe. What about London? It’s one of Sony’s largest studios and isn’t doing much. Those party games aren’t time consuming.

Sanzaru might be a good choice. Not too sure about Sony London though. They haven't made a "real" game in forever.

zinder

Oh my.. just recently watched LPs of 1-3, crazy memories. Would love for them to remake Syphon Filter 1-3 just like they did with Crash.

DragonNC

Damn.....PS1 glory days are back !!!!
Syphon Filter , Resident Evil , & Tomb Raider...Best games for me that generation.

I always liked the series, I'd definitely buy another one. It has an interesting story, I'd be interested to see what they do with it.

Surely it can't be a continuation after what happened in Logan's Shadow on PSP.

Edit: Hopes too high, not just a PS2 classic please Sony.

iMerc

why is 'syphon filter' a stupid name?

anyways, YES!
i've always felt this is one of the most under appreciated Sony IP's ever.
i loved the first 3 on psx (my fav was #2). if a new game is indeed being made, i hope Sony give it to a great team who will do gabe logan justice.

keeping an eye on this. :)

stranno

All the franchise have been done by Eidetic (Sony Bend or Bend Studio nowdays) and it is a Sony's first-party. They are working in Days Gone but maybe some of the members are working in other things. Uncharted: Golden Abyss was started by 9 employees only.

The original Syphon Filter game engine and script was made by Sony, tho, Eidetic only did the rest. They were hired after Bubsy 3D (yeah).

If I remember correctly you were able to blast people through glass etc. with the shotgun? As in, they flew back a little?

Loved this game back in the day but if it comes back in some butchered Tomb Raider style iteration, nope.

If I remember correctly you were able to blast people through glass etc. with the shotgun? As in, they flew back a little?

Loved this game back in the day but if it comes back in some butchered Tomb Raider style iteration, nope.

Every gun went through normal glass, u could taser normal glass also and it would shatter, lights too

Shotgun yea blew people back not sure if u had to be up close or just any kill at any distance that ended with a shotgun

Maluf360

I wish they would make something like the omega strain. The game was a blast to play online, with huge levels and so many different ways to tackle the objectives, depending on how many people were on the team.

Only good memories for this amazing entry.

JimiNutz

Banned
Finally!
I really enjoyed the first two games back on the PS1 but haven't played the series since. Hope they reboot the series and do it justice because I remember the original games being a lot of fun for the time.

Top Bottom