• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Smash Bros Brawl Dojo Official Update Thread: Goodbye, Cherry-don

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thing is, most people are hoping for 4 player online. Probably won't happen without major restrictions, like Mario Kart.

If we do get 4 player online, people will bitch about advanced users vs casual users.

If we get 1v1 online, then we'll have bitching that advanced users make the game practically unplayable online (at least with the other scenario, the casuals can try and gang up again the advanced, or the advanced, if more than one, can fight amongst themselves.)

If we get online with restrictions, they will probably be stage/item based, which will cause an outcry amongst the casual set.

:/

Only solution I see is to be able to create games that specifically state stage and item usage, that way the advanced can stay away from the "non-pro" games they despise so.

If Nintendo doesn't know how important online is for this game, there's no hope for them.*

*No hope = only selling 6.4 billion Wii's in its lifetime instead of 6.5 billion.

I've learned to trust nothing of what OMN says, even though I really do hope for a wiimote+nunchuck control scheme. I'll wait till knowledgable people confirm it.

Not long till Friday's update, can't wait! :D

There will most likely BE a wiimote+nunchuck control scheme. Not everyone owns a VC controller or GCN controller, and it will be easy enough to just map the game to the buttons and analog you get from the nunchuck+wiimote setup.

A, B, C, Z + analog. It's all there. I'll definitely opt for the VC pad, but some might not.

underfooter said:
There will most likely BE a wiimote+nunchuck control scheme. Not everyone owns a VC controller or GCN controller, and it will be easy enough to just map the game to the buttons and analog you get from the nunchuck+wiimote setup.

A, B, C, Z + analog. It's all there. I'll definitely opt for the VC pad, but some might not.

I think Nintendo could definitely have a wiimote + nunchuck scheme that still worked well. I do wonder though if they would add motion sensing.

I'm all for more options but I hope they don't hold back the potential Wiimote use to ensure the game can be completely played with the GCN and CC pads.

Alkaliine said:
I think Nintendo could definitely have a wiimote + nunchuck scheme that still worked well. I do wonder though if they would add motion sensing.

The most I can see happening is a little nunchuck action. Jolting in separate directions holding down 'C' (which could be block) would do a block roll or something.

They also confirmed new wii controls for some of the other modes. Smash Bros are usually filled with lots of little games, who knows.

.....all I know is that they aren't going to gut out the fundamental play controls we're used to. They confirmed they wouldn't, everything we've seen and heard has led us to believe they wouldn't....they just won't. To re-invent the series like that would be something totally different.

underfooter said:
The most I can see happening is a little nunchuck action. Jolting in separate directions holding down 'C' (which could be block) would do a block roll or something.

They also confirmed new wii controls for some of the other modes. Smash Bros are usually filled with lots of little games, who knows.

.....all I know is that they aren't going to gut out the fundamental play controls we're used to. They confirmed they wouldn't, everything we've seen and heard has led us to believe they wouldn't....they just won't. To re-invent the series like that would be something totally different.

I think that if they're commited to making sure the game works well with the GC and Classic controllers, then they cannot afford to implement serious motion sensing or IR gameplay into the game.

As you said, if they do allow the game to be played via wiimote + nunchuck, then any motion sensing that exists would likely be minute.

VOOK

We don't know why he keeps buying PAL, either.
gimz said:
havent follow this thread for a week (only check out the updates)

are we still doing the japan time thing?

No Japan Time works all by itself

Ril

gimz said:
havent follow this thread for a week (only check out the updates)

are we still doing the japan time thing?

Of course. Be on your toes, for Japan Time is swift beyond belief. It could strike at any moment...

Proven

The one thing I really want from the game is to have an option where tapping Up is separated from a jump command. I prefer to use a button to jump, but then using up-air attacks (and every character needs to use them) causes me to waste my jumps. This then leads to worse recovery (I've notice that in many of the amazing and even regular recoveries in tournament vids, the players still had their mid-air jump, while I rarely have that luxury).

Even if jump became shake the wiimote, for me at least it would be much, much better than having to tap up. This would also make tilting controls a lot easier for me. Gotta think about the Cracka Launcha baby!

ALL FOUR CONTROL METHODS CONFIRMED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

various01_070608a.jpg

There’s no need to be confused about what does what—just choose the play style you prefer!

I suppose I would recommend the Nintendo GameCube controller, though. I like the feel of that powerful rumble.

Still, try out the other controls—they definitely give you a fresh experience.

Hmm? How do you do smashes and dashes with just the Wii Remote?
If I get the chance to tell you, I will.

Omg motion sensing confirmed!

Ril

WastingPenguins said:
It's gotta mean SOME sort of motion control, right? There just aren't enough buttons on the standalone wiimote.

Of course it has to be something new like motion control, or else he wouldn't hype it up like that.

"You see, you just press the buttons. That's it! Fun times!"

I think not.

WastingPenguins said:
It's gotta mean SOME sort of motion control, right? There just aren't enough buttons on the standalone wiimote.
Yeah. He's being too cryptic. Definitely has to be motion control.

I doubt it'll do anything besides emulate what the other controllers do, anyway.

Jasup

WastingPenguins said:

You can only kick and punch without the ability to move...

usea

Proven said:
The one thing I really want from the game is to have an option where tapping Up is separated from a jump command. I prefer to use a button to jump, but then using up-air attacks (and every character needs to use them) causes me to waste my jumps. This then leads to worse recovery (I've notice that in many of the amazing and even regular recoveries in tournament vids, the players still had their mid-air jump, while I rarely have that luxury).

Even if jump became shake the wiimote, for me at least it would be much, much better than having to tap up. This would also make tilting controls a lot easier for me. Gotta think about the Cracka Launcha baby!
You can do an up aerial without using your second jump. It requires pressing the buttons correctly instead of incorrectly. It can be done in one of many different ways.

Hero

Everybody who thought the game was going to be Wii remote controller just got owned.

Sakurai exceeds expectations.

Hero said:
Everybody who thought the game was going to be Wii remote controller just got owned.

Everybody who thought the game was going to be gamecube or classic controller just got owned.

Game-Biz

Alkaliine said:
Everybody who thought the game was going to be gamecube or classic controller just got owned.

We pretty much all got owned -- but in a good way, I suppose.

scottnak

Ahhh, game mode. You finally come out.
Megaton prehaps... but any person who knew what they're talking about for sure knew that wiimote+nunchuk, gcn, cc was gonna happen right?
yeah right

Dunno how side-style is gonna happen though....

Glad to see it in writing. Aaaawesome!

Game-Biz said:
We pretty much all got owned -- but in a good way, I suppose.

Clearly, Sukurai owns anything and everything.

God I love this news, no really for my own sake but for the game's sake. There was no way it could have only been GC/CC compatible.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom