• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Smash Bros Brawl Dojo Official Update Thread: Goodbye, Cherry-don

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jiggy

Just watch, Midna will pull a "Tingle" and only appear in the background of one of the Zelda stages, making all her fans sad.

Jiggy37 said:
Just watch, Midna will pull a "Tingle" and only appear in the background of one of the Zelda stages, making all her fans sad.

She'd make an interesting assist trophy--transform the player (Link to a wolf, of course, but maybe other characters to other animals) and ride on his back while he attacks!

Jiggy

Leondexter said:
She'd make an interesting assist trophy--transform the player (Link to a wolf, of course, but maybe other characters to other animals) and ride on his back while he attacks!
Capybara Pikachu to rock people's worlds. :D
And Dragon Bowser, and Snake Snake.

Creamium

shut uuuuuuuuuuuuuuup
So guys, how many more characters can they announce? What are they going for, around 30 in total? I'm asking because a few more surprises would be nice

Iam Canadian

and have the worst user name EVER
Darunia said:
So guys, how many more characters can they announce? What are they going for, around 30 in total? I'm asking because a few more surprise would be nice

This is Sakurai, so we have absolutely no idea.

scottnak

I predict a slurry of disappointment news
1) New delay date
2) Characters not coming back revealed.

Now that would be a different kinda megaton...

Innotech

Banned
scottnak said:
1) New delay date

Sakurai probably will have something extremely cool to offset the bad news (along with a lengthy apology for the delay)

Iam Canadian

scottnak said:
1) New delay date

Now that would just be kicking us while we're down.

ant1532

Banned
fusoya59 said:
So are we expecting a megaton of smash info tonight?
Well, I'm expecting a lot of little news which are found in today's demo of the game, such as final smashes, moves, norfair, etc. The reason is Bozon from IGN said Nintendo set rules that each site can post only 5 minutes of off screen video today. Why only today and then tomorrow they can post everything they want? Dojo I'm guessing.

Haunted

Darunia said:
So guys, how many more characters can they announce? What are they going for, around 30 in total? I'm asking because a few more surprises would be nice
At least thirty. I'm leaning towards 33 - 35.

Jiggy had a pretty good post detailing our predictions on the matter a couple pages back.

Jiggy

Darunia said:
If even 7 of the 14 unannounced veterans return, we'd already be up to 29 characters. Give me a second to dig up that post Haunted One is referencing...

Edit: Here it is. 35 looks like a safe bet at least, which would be my expectation if Sheik ends up being gone and there's only one Ness/G&W/Dr. Mario character who nobody expects beforehand.

fusoya59 said:
So are we expecting a megaton of smash info tonight?
I'm expecting a quadruple update, but no megaton so soon after Sonic. Maybe on Monday.

Also, I just cut the sprite art out of my image rotation because I felt bad for the artist. >_> Can someone tell him to like watermark his images so I could use those and serve as advertisement instead? :D

Chumly

ant1532 said:
Well, I'm expecting a lot of little news which are found in today's demo of the game, such as final smashes, moves, norfair, etc. The reason is Bozon from IGN said Nintendo set rules that each site can post only 5 minutes of off screen video today. Why only today and then tomorrow they can post everything they want? Dojo I'm guessing.
I hope so. It would also be nice to get rid of multiple final smashes and move sets so we dont get them normally during the week. The other stuff is usually cooler.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
I going with the safe prediction of Norfair, but knowing Sakurai he'll pull something out of the bag that we don't know about and confirm Norfair week later.

ant1532

Banned
Chumly said:
I hope so. It would also be nice to get rid of multiple final smashes and move sets so we dont get them normally during the week. The other stuff is usually cooler.
I think that plus assist trophies and norfair will happen and then a character to make up for the delay. (He should have saved Sonic for that, seriously)

Innotech

Banned
ant1532 said:
I think that plus assist trophies and norfair will happen and then a character to make up for the delay. (He should have saved Sonic for that, seriously)
well he kinda did. for Japan anyway.

ant1532 said:
What, save it for a day so it is in time with the USA delay instead of the Japan one?

Iam Canadian

ant1532 said:

No, having Sonic after the delay would have been just cruel. It would have been like Sakurai dangling the pure awesomeness of Mario vs. Sonic while laughing in our faces.

Jiggy

BGBW said:
I going with the safe prediction of Norfair, but knowing Sakurai he'll pull something out of the bag that we don't know about and confirm Norfair week later.
Or two weeks later, going by how long it took to show Peach's profile after the Subspace Emissary video. :D

...I'm adding Norfair to my prediction and calling a quintuple update. I don't think I knew about it when I made that post.

Chumly

ant1532 said:
I can already tell where all gonna be disappointed when we get a single update tonight :(

Innotech

Banned
it served its purpose. The footage today took care of the rest. I know I am somewhat appeased by the new videos. tomorrow should be fucking amazing with all the footage expected.

Iam Canadian

Jiggy37 said:
Or two weeks later, going by how long it took to show Peach's profile after the Subspace Emissary video. :D

...I'm adding Norfair to my prediction and calling a quintuple update. I don't think I knew about it when I made that post.

Quintuple update? Really? As much as I hope you're right...I doubt it.

Jiggy

If it's a single update tonight (which I don't think it will), just watch: it'll be when they show off the stage editor and online stage sharing, and all of our minds will be blown, and the thread will grow 35 pages overnight, spurred by discussion about what constitutes a "good" stage, with some people arguing for something diverse and dumbly enormous like Hyrule Temple and others arguing for the perceived fairness of all flat all the time.

I'll be the one arguing for Big Blue just to be obtuse.

Edit:
Iam Canadian said:
Quintuple update? Really? As much as I hope you're right...I doubt it.
I figure I have to predict big. That way, if I'm wrong it's expected, but if I'm right I become legendary. :D

Iam Canadian

Jiggy37 said:
If it's a single update tonight (which I don't think it will), just watch: it'll be when they show off the stage editor and online stage sharing, and all of our minds will be blown, and the thread will grow 35 pages overnight, spurred by discussion about what constitutes a "good" stage, with some people arguing for something diverse and dumbly enormous like Hyrule Temple and others arguing for the perceived fairness of all flat all the time.

I'll be the one arguing for Big Blue just to be obtuse.

I look forward to it. In a perverse way, I almost look forward to the stage editor/sharing more for the NeoGAF reaction than actually using the editor.

I'd argue for the most ridiculously elaborate and deadly stages possible. That, or stages loaded with fanservice like the Onett stage in Melee (the most fanservice-filled level in that entire game, bar none).

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
I want to see if there will be anything else besides pilotwings stickers (Or whatever that was in the new trailer), maybe some type of pilotwings assist trophy, though I can't see how that would work.

Jiggy

DrForester said:
I want to see if there will be anything else besides pilotwings stickers (Or whatever that was in the new trailer), maybe some type of pilotwings assist trophy, though I can't see how that would work.
Divebombs toward the stage several times (but pulls up before hitting the ground or a platform, of course), about the same damage and impact of Porygon2 in SSBM. Easy enough. :D

Iam Canadian

Best Assist Trophy that will never happen: Giygas. Background fades away and is replaced by Giygas. Random attacks are then made on fighters. The attacks would also be manifested in weird waves. Because, after all, "you cannot grasp the true form of Giygas' attack!"

If that actually happened, I would probably faint from sheer joy.

ant1532 said:

That sounds logical. Tonight's update will be something we've seen today. Maybe several somethings.

Iam Canadian

Des0lar said:
Finally this thread surpassed Halo3 once again
and for all time goddamn :lol

gothmog.jpg

The age of Halo is over...the time of the Brawl....HAS COME!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom