• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy 4 DS SQEX Party 2007 Trailer

GaimeGuy

Volunteer Deputy Campaign Director, Obama for America '16
I like how they have all new arrangements of FFIV music playing for most of the trailer, and the trailer ends with the GBA rendition of Golbez's theme. :lol

Let me guess, I've seen every bit of CG the cartridge will have, am I right? Man...just like FF3, when I finally saw the intro I had seen it like 20 times thanks to SE trailers...

PolyGone

Banned
what little they show looks very very nice.

I just wish it was on a console, even the wii, just something more powerful than the ds.

I'll still buy it of course

Deku

Banned
CG work is great, it looks like this game will stay very faithful to the original game. The CG appears to take inspiration from the Amano designs while the gameplay characters will feature reworked (taller) versions of the SD art work that accompanied the original release.

duckroll

Kurosaki Ichigo said:
Let me guess, I've seen every bit of CG the cartridge will have, am I right? Man...just like FF3, when I finally saw the intro I had seen it like 20 times thanks to SE trailers...

Well, if it's anything like FFXIIRW, there'll be several CG FMVs throughout the game. But that's not the main point. In the long interview last week Tokita made it very clear that unlike FF3DS, FF4DS will be focused on the story and drama since it's the first dramatic FF. There will be about an hour's worth of "very detailed" 3D cutscenes which are far beyond what was seen in FF3DS. There will also be a ton of FF3DS-level cutscenes littered all over the game for less important scenes.

Deku

Banned
I'm disappointed they didn't keep this logo, which looks more elegant.

515FX9K54DL._SS500_.jpg

Ashodin

Deku said:
I'm disappointed they didn't keep this logo, which looks more elegant.

515FX9K54DL._SS500_.jpg
the subtleties that it lets you in on is nice about it too, since it's Kain as the main image (as he does a lot of shit in the game that's pivotal).

Matix

So is SQEX going to slowly cocktease us with their SE-Party trailers every week?!

Released
- Final Fantasy 4
- Dragon Quest Swords
- It's A Wonderful World
- Crystal Chronicles: Rings Of Fate
- Crystal Chronicles: The Crystal Bearers

Unreleased
- Final Fantasy 13 Series
- Crisis Core: FF7
- Final Fantasy: Dissidia
- Parasite Eve 3

I wonder whats next?!

Aeana

Matix said:
So is SQEX going to slowly cocktease us with their SE-Party trailers every week?!

Released
- Final Fantasy 4
- Dragon Quest Swords
- It's A Wonderful World
- Crystal Chronicles: Rings Of Fate
- Crystal Chronicles: The Crystal Bearers

Unreleased
- Final Fantasy 13 Series
- Parasite Eve 3

I wonder whats next?!

How dare you forget DQ9?

And from the sounds of it, voice acting! Sweet. There may be hope for a full voice remake of Final Fantasy 6 sooner than later. Let's just hope they do a good job with the casting and ADR direction.

duckroll

cartman414 said:
And from the sounds of it, voice acting! Sweet. There may be hope for a full voice remake of Final Fantasy 6 sooner than later. Let's just hope they do a good job with the casting and ADR direction.

Voices in the trailer don't mean anything. FFXIIRW had voices in the trailers too.

Matix said:

Released
- Final Fantasy IV
- Final Fantasy Tactics A2
- Dragon Quest Swords
- It's A Wonderful World
- FF Crystal Chronicles: Rings Of Fate
- FF Crystal Chronicles: The Crystal Bearers

Unreleased
- Dragon Quest IX
- Final Fantasy XIII
- Final Fantasy Versus XIII
- Final Fantasy Agito XIII
- Final Fantasy 7 Advent Children Blu-Ray Complete
- Parasite Eve 3
- Star Ocean First Departure
- Star Ocean Second Evolution
- Itadaki Street DS
- Final Fantasy XII International
- The Last Remnant
- Final Fantasy II
fixed...

speedpop

Has problems recognising girls
Thanks neo yet again though not much to see, just CG eye candy.

Hopefully they'll give the soundtrack the same great treatment they gave to FFIII DS.

tnw

Banned
That was the tower of babel I just realized.

When I saw that trailer at SQEX party I thought it was some crystal chronicals thing.

tnw

Banned
That's kind of lame in the trailer. It says 'but why would Baron be searching for the crystals?'

And then goes to a pan of the Tower of Babel. Yeah real subtle. When you first play the game, you don't know anything at all. :/

duckroll

tnw said:
That's kind of lame in the trailer. It says 'but why would Baron be searching for the crystals?'

And then goes to a pan of the Tower of Babel. Yeah real subtle. When you first play the game, you don't know anything at all. :/

Dude, the game is OVER TEN YEARS old. :lol

NeoForte

Awesome! I can't wait for this game (damn you SE making me buy it again ; ; )

tnw said:

He first questions the crystal gathering not even 10mins into the game. The Tower of Babel is subtle if you never played it cause you don't know what the heck it is :p

Aru

Now, I want this game...
The CG scenes are just beautiful, and the music is awesome ! Voices have been added !
If they really add the 3/4 missing scenario parts, count me in ! :D

jj984jj

He's a pretty swell guy in my books anyway.
Beautiful, looking forward to playing the game. Hope the singing during the Theme of Love doesn't suck.

vareon

Cecil sounds like a generic anime character...but I guess we won't hear much voice acting in the real game though, it doesn't matter.

I'm curious about the vocal theme song :)

Top Bottom