• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy 4 DS SQEX Party 2007 Trailer

Takuan

Pure CG =
gray.gif

Seraph830

Banned
Anyone else notice that the "Theme of Love" song they keep playing is the exact version as the one on the FF4 Piano Collections album?

Real dissapointing trailer though, I would have liked to seen the characters instead of the landscapes. Still I cant wait for this game and hope this means 5 and 6 are on the way.

Seraph830

Banned
I am happy nontheless

But its like SquareEnix has this delicous steak I want to eat, I hear the announcement we will be getting a free sample to hold us over so my mouth waters, and it turns out it was just a sample "smell" of the meal.

jvalioli

Diablos54 said:
Very much so. It was the first to have a detailed story and characters.
That's good to hear. I'm not really a fan of loose RPG stories, so I haven't played a lot of the older FFs.

BrandNew said:
If you mean America III, then your are correct.

If you mean SERIES AS A WHOLE III, you are so so SO wrong.

FFIII has the job system. FFIV does not. Therefore FFIII is better by default.

BTW, you had a typo.

Pureauthor said:
FFIII has the job system. FFIV does not. Therefore FFIII is better by default.

BTW, you had a typo.

But when there's a game as boring as ANY of those NES FF's, any one after that is instantly better. IV demolishes III.

BrandNew said:
But when there's a game as boring as ANY of those NES FF's, any one after that is instantly better. IV demolishes III.

IV demolishes III in nothing that actually matters. III has better gameplay. III wins.

Eteric Rice

III was okay. The lack of save points sometimes made it an absolute bitch to play, though.

I remember I died once and lost like 3 hours worth of level. :O

Eteric Rice said:
III was okay. The lack of save points sometimes made it an absolute bitch to play, though.

I remember I died once and lost like 3 hours worth of level. :O

Yeah, you told us already.

Particle Beam TO THE FACE!!!

My excuse for not liking FF3 DS is that I got trapped behind a mountain range or something and couldn't get back to my ship. I didn't realize it at the time when I saved over all of my slots and sure enough I lost about 10 hours worth of playtime.

Doesn't matter though cause I already beat the game on the NES.(And I'll be damned if I ever play that final dungeon again anyway...brutal).

FFIV is decent though horribly dated. If this remake follows the DS version of FF3 expect to see new graphics and music....though not much else(maybe they'll throw in the GBA extras and whatever these "missing scenes" are....oh and maybe some new areas on top of that)

The worst part about this remake though is the fact that you'll have to deal with everyone
killing themselves
in 3D!

thefro

Pureauthor said:
Not as good as FFIII or FFV, but still a good-to-great game.

It's got a way better story than III or V. The gameplay's definitely better in V, but you could make a good argument that IV's gameplay is better than III's.

tanod

when is my burrito
^^ Please read title before responding

So what are the odds that this is going to get a port to PSP like FF1 and FF2?

One of my favorite parts of the FF series is the music. Has the re-done music on the DS and Advance versions been compressed very much?

That's one of the reasons that I've been hesitating on picking up any portable FF.

tanod said:
^^ Please read title before responding

So what are the odds that this is going to get a port to PSP like FF1 and FF2?

The way SE is doing things, yes, it's likely that the PSP will see a legit version of FFIV on it sooner or later - probably not the DS version ported over though (unless they start smoking the blue plants).

One of my favorite parts of the FF series is the music. Has the re-done music on the DS and Advance versions been compressed very much?

FFIVA had compressed music, yes. FFIIIDS has far better music than the NES (duh).

Pureauthor said:
The way SE is doing things, yes, it's likely that the PSP will see a legit version of FFIV on it sooner or later - probably not the DS version ported over though (unless they start smoking the blue plants).

FFIVA had compressed music, yes. FFIIIDS has far better music than the NES (duh).

what is DS's sound (music capabilities) like, though? Is it on par with the PS1?

since I've never played a DS game, I have no clue. :D

duckroll said:
Well, if it's anything like FFXIIRW, there'll be several CG FMVs throughout the game. But that's not the main point. In the long interview last week Tokita made it very clear that unlike FF3DS, FF4DS will be focused on the story and drama since it's the first dramatic FF. There will be about an hour's worth of "very detailed" 3D cutscenes which are far beyond what was seen in FF3DS. There will also be a ton of FF3DS-level cutscenes littered all over the game for less important scenes.

Can the DS even handle an hour's worth of cutscenes?

TheJollyCorner said:
what is DS's sound (music capabilities) like, though? Is it on par with the PS1?

since I've never played a DS game, I have no clue. :D

Definitely not on par. I tend not to care about compositional quality of a music once it gets beyond a certain level.

Error

Jealous of the Glory that is Johnny Depp
PepsimanVsJoe said:
My excuse for not liking FF3 DS is that I got trapped behind a mountain range or something and couldn't get back to my ship. I didn't realize it at the time when I saved over all of my slots and sure enough I lost about 10 hours worth of playtime.
errr.... what?

Top Bottom