• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

I just bought a DSlite! (Recommend me games plus does AC get better?)

Mau ®

Its a black DSlite. Quite beautiful. Bought it along with Final Fantasy III, which I am loving. And Animal Crossing.

I am very interested in getting NEW Super Mario Bros, Trace Memory, Hotel Dusk. And I am very curious about Lost in Blue and Lunar Knights. Any other recommendations are obviously welcomed.

Also, does Animal Crossing get more entertaining... it just feels so vague, not much to do.

A Link to the Snitch said:
If you can't go online, don't bother with AC.

Agreed.

Trace Memory and Hotel Dusk are good for like one playthrough each. Sure they have multiple endings but after going through them once chances are you won't be interested in doing it again. Lunar Knights is pretty interesting I guess. It's a fairly short game if you just rush through but there's plenty of extras and the game is pretty entertaining.

I still haven't bought NEW Super Mario Bros though lolz. I've had a DS for almost a year now? Damn

Son of Godzilla said:
Dude that stuff is the crap that people bought because nothing else was available at the time.

Get Puzzle Quest, EBA, and Meteos.

There is also much truth in this.

GhostSeed

If you like exploring in games DON'T get Lost in Blue or your going to die A LOT.

Other than that I would recommend Meteos, both Castlevanias, and Mario Kart.

jvalioli

61D1Q6W2G9L._SS500_.jpg

And the sequel when you finish.

If you search, you'll probably find a ton of LTTP threads. Read some of the excitement in the first posts and I'm sure you'll be convinced.

fernoca

Nope..
Animal Crossing gets worse!
Like all games..
If you're bored at first they get even worse the longer you play them..

Even the game bricks you DSlite..that's how bad it is.

Aside from some of the tank battles(which are easily exploitable) Rocket Slime is one of the easiest games ever. It's an absolute joy to play through however and it is guaranteed to put a smile on your face the entire time you're playing it.

the weekly what ds game should i buy thread

err, try yoshis island ds.. haven't played it, but i'm sure its good

seat said:
Kirby Canvas Curse is pretty awesome. You can probably find it for cheap now.

actually its out of print and not exactly cheap, and its not as awesome as kirby's adventure er dreamland 1 and 2, but its good in its own right

tnw

Banned
Rocket Slime was pretty darn fun. I actually liked the difficulty level. Easy doesn't mean bad, plus it means you never have to do anything over again.

I also really liked Star Fox command. You'll find it very cheap somewhere, and it's pretty darn fun as long as it lasts.

B!TCH

how are you, B!TCH? How is your day going, B!ITCH?
New Super Mario Bros.
Mario and Luigi: Partners in Time
Trauma Center: Under the Knife

and... PLANET PUZZLE LEAGUE!

BboyDubC

I would recommend Zelda: Mugen no Sunadokei.... But then again it isn't out yet in the states is it. :D

/gloat

PantherLotus

Professional Schmuck
Can anybody comment on whether Puzzle League was worth it?

I need some post-April suggestions as well.

Current Games
(with scores to help you know how much I like that game--not relative to each other)

NSMB (8/10)
Children of Mana (8/10)
Yoshi's Island DS (7/10)
Rocket Slime (10/10)
Magical Starsign (8/10)
Castlevania: Dawn of Sorrow (9/10)

PantherLotus said:
Can anybody comment on whether Puzzle League was worth it?

I need some post-April suggestions as well.

Current Games
(with scores to help you know how much I like that game--not relative to each other)

NSMB (8/10)
Children of Mana (8/10)
Yoshi's Island DS (7/10)
Rocket Slime (10/10)
Magical Starsign (8/10)
Castlevania: Dawn of Sorrow (9/10)

Aside from the lack of a theme, Puzzle League is a great game.

Also, wtf are you waiting for? Buy Phoenix Wright everything.

never played puzzle league before?

i like it better than meteos, tetris, bejewel'd and puyo pop but maybe not better than gunpey.

i haven't gotten my money's worth out of mine yet, but i have bought way too many games lately

PantherLotus

Professional Schmuck
I loved Tetris Attack but it was definitely the whole package -- music, artwork, Yoshi and the Gang...all of it. Puzzle League looks like "just" a solid puzzler.

Why couldn't they give it a SPM license? :(

Firestorm said:
Pokemon Diamond or Pearl and Phoenix Wright. Also Trauma Center. Go. Now.

God I suck at trauma center.

I could just imagine me at a real hospital

"Umm.. nurse, I sped through all of the story dialogue, so I don't know how to actually remove those spikey things from his gallbladder..."

*Nurse stares at you not telling you any helpful information

Nurse - "He is flat-lining!"

That happens to me all the time in that game.

But, as far as reccomendations go.

If you got friends with DS's. Pick up Mario Kart DS. It is a blast to play multiplayer.

alistairw

Just so you know, I have the best avatars ever.
If you're not loving Animal Crossing now, then you'll never get it into it. True story - happened with me. I want to love it, because the premise is so brilliant, but it bores the hell out of me.

well there are a heck of a lot of modes, and i do not believe Tetris Attack had cpu vs mode (i could be wrong) which is a fun way to play. stylus play is a lot of fun too. the themes are mostly bland, but its cool how they change when you do a big chain. its definitely worth 30 dollars, and it is probably the ultimate version, but, i would not say it is definitely worth buying again

Jcgamer60

alistairw said:
If you're not loving Animal Crossing now, then you'll never get it into it. True story - happened with me. I want to love it, because the premise is so brilliant, but it bores the hell out of me.

Welcome to the club.

meppi

Animal Crossing does get better the more you play it.
At first you feel kinda lost, not knowing what to do or what to expect, but once you start getting to know the other animals and start integrating into your surroundings it gets to be like an addiction.

I don't really like the way it starts out though. Having to do those mandatory jobs for Tom Nook are very boring.

As for game recommendations, if you've got someone to play against, then both get Mario Kart. Block Fort battle mode alone can last you years this way.
I adore the single player mode as well, but for some reason my friend doesn't even play it on his copy. :-/

Advanced Wars is a mandatory game as well.
Just picked up Puzzle League and if you like puzzle games, it just doesn't get any better than this one.

WildArms

Best game ever, shame about the sequels
New Super Mario Bros.
Mario Kart DS
Castlevania (Both)
Phoenix Wright (Both)
Pokemon Diamond/Pearl

This should be enough for now.

Animal Crossing is awesome if you know someone who plays it too (on or offline).

The top games I'd recomment:

Mario Kart DS
New Super Mario Bros
Meteos
Castlevania DoS
Kirbys Canvas Curse
Metroid Prime Hunters (mainly for Multi)
Metroid Prime Pinball is nice, too
Brain Training

Man, so many great games to think of

meppi

Zerodoppler said:
Two games that never gets any love:

Yoshi: Touch & Go

So very true. I love this game.
Wish it would get a sequel with much more levels, but still keeping the score attack system in place.

Creamium

shut uuuuuuuuuuuuuuup
I suddenly became interested in Rocket Slime. Can somebody give me a 'If you like <blank> you will like Rocket Slime'?

inthezone said:
Its a black DSlite. Quite beautiful. Bought it along with Final Fantasy III, which I am loving. And Animal Crossing.

I am very interested in getting NEW Super Mario Bros, Trace Memory, Hotel Dusk. And I am very curious about Lost in Blue and Lunar Knights. Any other recommendations are obviously welcomed.

Also, does Animal Crossing get more entertaining... it just feels so vague, not much to do.
get NSMB, its awesome, brings back memories while during new things. trace memory is okay, never played hotel dusk. Lost in the blue is fun for the first couple of hours. Metroid pinball is fun and can be found for cheap now. and my wife loves soduku, and tetris. oh I love Phoenix Wright right upto the final courtroom, and I love super princess peach, but never came close to finishing it. When I reach for a game its almost always NSMB.

nofi

Darunia said:
I suddenly became interested in Rocket Slime. Can somebody give me a 'If you like <blank> you will like Rocket Slime'?

Pokemon, kinda.

Edit - actually, it's more like a 2d explorathon with battles. Yeah, Pokemon... Eitherway, it's really good.

Amir0x

Banned
Animal Crossing is the worst "game" ever made, so of course it doesn't get any better.

Lunar Knights is fantastic, definitely one of the best games on DS. New! Super Mario Bros. is great as well, although I prefer Yoshi's Island 2 DS. Hated Trace Memory, but enjoyed Hotel Dusk. Lost in Blue is pure crap imo.

Best game on DS and any system ever is PLANET PUZZLE LEAGUE, so buy that if you like puzzle games at all.

dog$

Hates quality gaming
Vic said:
Your point is?
Would you believe it? I searched for a half hour and couldn't find that pic that I never saved - the one with the pointer moving towards the "Post New Thread" button before a hand comes in to pull it towards the "Search Forum" link.

Top Bottom