• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Learn at me, GAF

RevenantKioku

PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS oh god i am drowning in them
So, I was playing a game on my Wii, and reading GAF on my laptop. Then I see people getting horny over being able to download E3 videos on their PS3s. And mocking the Wii's lacking ability in this regard.
So, why is this so great that I'd be able to get videos via my gaming console? Shouldn't I be more worried about getting games on my consoles? Like a PS3 if Sony actually wants me to buy one?
Where has all the magic gone that you nuts are going crazy over downloading commercials and PR?

bud

picardhawtls6.jpg

''indeed''

Gattsu25

Banned
the videos will be of games that you can mayhaps start looking forward to

if you cannot fathom why people read previews or download game trailers then you won't be able to understand this, either

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
RevenantKioku said:
So, I was playing a game on my Wii, and reading GAF on my laptop. Then I see people getting horny over being able to download E3 videos on their PS3s. And mocking the Wii's lacking ability in this regard.
So, why is this so great that I'd be able to get videos via my gaming console? Shouldn't I be more worried about getting games on my consoles? Like a PS3 if Sony actually wants me to buy one?
Where has all the magic gone that you nuts are going crazy over downloading commercials and PR?

if your a wii gamer you should worry about media AND getting games on your console ;)

for me though (as a 360 owner), i love the marketplace vids cause i have a TERRIBLE pc and its very nice to see 720p trailers on my 51" tv.

Umino

Because certain people need something to talk about.
All the people who have PS3's had to sell computers to buy them, that's why their comebacks are always so delayed.

:D

davepoobond

you can't put a price on sparks
well, i'm glad i dont have to deal with gamespot's stupid site to watch the conference for one, and to just sit on a couch and watch it instead of in my chair

E3 has always been exciting for gamers, nothing has changed. The potential for demos is high with this new age of E3 coverage.

End of story.

It's about getting to see the next step in games and services for the system, and it's about Sony actually delivering it to us. That in itself is a big deal, as content delivery has not been one of Sony's stronger points. It doesn't resolve all problems, but it is a step up in one area. I also sincerely doubt that being excited about E3 content is something that is out of line with the majority of people posting on a message board that focuses on games, but hey. Sounds like you're just trying to piss on a Sony positive to me.

davepoobond said:
well, i'm glad i dont have to deal with gamespot's stupid site to watch the conference for one, and to just sit on a couch and watch it instead of in my chair

I hooked my PC up to my TV last year during E3 conferences. It was majestic.

RevenantKioku

PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS oh god i am drowning in them
**** that. I have a computer.
Demos I can see, but people are literally wetting themselves to watch videos. Of games. Don't you people have backlogs you're complaining about?
And who the **** wants to be "involved" in E3? I want some media, sure, but what the ****.

Ranger X

Watching trailers in MP4 on my 32 inch is very nice! Way cooler than to watch them on my PC.
Was it a criteria that did influence me into buying a PS3? No.

RevenantKioku said:
Demos I can see, but people are literally wetting themselves to watch videos. Of games. Don't you people have backlogs you're complaining about?
And who the **** wants to be "involved" in E3? I want some media, sure, but what the ****.

My computer can barely push SD trailers at this point. And for HD content, forget about it. My current method of getting PS3 trailers and such to view it on my TV involves first converting the file to a PS3 format, and then move it to the PS3. Eliminating a few steps there by giving me the chance to download content directly from PSN to my PS3 is a good thing. Enough with the sour grapes, dude.

Gattsu25

Banned
RevenantKioku said:
RevenantKioku, just as I suspected, the last line of my previous post was describing you perfectly.

Google

RevenantKioku said:

While your point is a little convoluted, I actually agree with you in principle.

Its because of these kids, who look forward to any game that looks half decent, that we're left with shit like 'The Darkness'.

No one is forcing anyone to download the E3 videos/demos that will inevitably come out next week on PSN/XBL so what's the problem? If people are interested in game let them be interested, they'll find a way one way or another to learn them some infos (a la magazines, webistes, etc)...

RevenantKioku

AltogetherAndrews said:
It's about getting to see the next step in games and services for the system, and it's about Sony actually delivering it to us. That in itself is a big deal, as content delivery has not been one of Sony's stronger points. It doesn't resolve all problems, but it is a step up in one area. I also sincerely doubt that being excited about E3 content is something that is out of line with the majority of people posting on a message board that focuses on games, but hey. Sounds like you're just trying to piss on a Sony positive to me.
Well, I was actually playing my PS2 when I started this thread, just wanted to add some fun. :D
I'm not trying to piss on a Sony positive, I'm just trying to understand the appeal. It adds no value to the system to me, it's still lacking games, but people go on like it's a great thing. It's not a great thing, it's another mediocre feature that is being thrown in and people are lapping it up like it's the greatest shit ever. It's infuriating because goddamnit, my values are better than yours. :D

Pharmacy

Banned
RevenantKioku said:
I'm not trying to piss on a Sony positive, I'm just trying to understand the appeal. It adds no value to the system to me, it's still lacking games, but people go on like it's a great thing. It's not a great thing, it's another mediocre feature that is being thrown in and people are lapping it up like it's the greatest shit ever. It's infuriating because goddamnit, my values are better than yours. :D

urge to troll rising

RevenantKioku

HallwayGiant said:
No one is forcing anyone to download the E3 videos/demos that will inevitably come out next week on PSN/XBL so what's the problem? If people are interested in game let them be interested, they'll find a way one way or another to learn them some infos (a la magazines, webistes, etc)...
It's not a problem, like I said, I'm just trying to understand this shit. I feel like I'm wading around a field with a bunch of people who need a goddamned slap in the face. It's the continuation of this big HD farce.

Pharmacy said:
urge to troll rising
Do it.
JDSN said:
Is it just me or threads are getting more...."weak" the closer we are to E3?
Wank wank wank.

RiskyChris said:
I'm not going to buy a PS3/360 for this feature. As a 360 owner, it's merely a nice gesture from MS.
I just find it infuriating, because it feels like it's a great big buildup to a whole lot of nothing.

RevenantKioku said:
Well, I was actually playing my PS2 when I started this thread, just wanted to add some fun. :D

I'm not going to buy a PS3/360 for this feature. As a 360 owner, it's merely a nice gesture from MS.

RevenantKioku

ant1532 said:
PSN E3 videos means HD videos on my HD setup. Thats why.
So it's the HD scam all over again. Goddamnit. :(

TONX

Distinguished Air Superiority
RevenantKioku said:

Isnt this what E3 is all about, showing the games coming out for consoles? Having previews of upcoming games right on your console should alleviate those worries IMO. You dont have to go searching on the internet for games coming out on said console, which i think help the "casuals" better see whats exactly coming.

like mentioned earlier its nice to watch previews on your TV, gives a better sense of how the game really looks vs watching a windowed media clip on a PC monitor.

RevenantKioku said:
So it's the HD scam all over again. Goddamnit. :(

An HD conference probably looks pretty magnificent. =/

Then again, I'm a retired PC gaming veteran, so I think extremely highly of higher resolutions.

Pharmacy

Banned
RevenantKioku it's called having a bonus. I played Virtua Tennis 3, Resistance, Rainbow Six: Vegas and Super Stardust HD co-op with a friend today then took turns crashing in Motorstorm so the "no-games" argument is not true.

RevenantKioku

Pharmacy said:
RevenantKioku it's called having a bonus. I played Virtua Tennis 3, Resistance, Rainbow Six: Vegas and Super Stardust HD co-op with a friend today then took turns crashing in Motorstorm so the "no-games" argument is not true.
I'm okay with bonuses. But it feels like this bullshit is turning into the main course. And like **** I care what you list, the PS3 is a venerable wasteland of gaming right now, and E3 videos of rad "interviews" aren't going to appease my rage!
And apparently I'm a Nintendo fanboi/viral marketer. I guess EviLore's post was right. :D

I better not catch you voting or checking the weather on that Nintendo game machine, solider. There are games to be played. In fact, delete the ****ing channels, pussyboy.

drill-sergeant.jpg

RevenantKioku

krypt0nian said:
I better not catch you voting or checking the weather on that Nintendo game machine, solider. There are games to be played. In fact, delete the ****ing channels, pussyboy.

drill-sergeant.jpg
**** yeah. In fact, why am I posting on GAF? SHIT!

Pharmacy

Banned
RevenantKioku said:
I'm okay with bonuses. But it feels like this bullshit is turning into the main course. And like **** I care what you list, the PS3 is a venerable wasteland of gaming right now, and E3 videos of rad "interviews" aren't going to appease my rage!
And apparently I'm a Nintendo fanboi/viral marketer. I guess EviLore's post was right. :D

well i guess thats me pwned

*strokes neckbeard*

RevenantKioku

Pharmacy said:
well i guess thats me pwned

*strokes neckbeard*
Aw, don't give up so easily/slyly. I was starting to have fun here. :(

RevenantKioku said:
**** yeah. In fact, why am I posting on GAF? SHIT!

See you answered your own topic. If there's time to post, there's time to watch trailers from E3 on the consoles that care.

Haunted

RevenantKioku said:
quod erat demonstrandum. I'm with you all the way, man.

RevenantKioku

krypt0nian said:
See you answered your own topic. If there's time to post, there's time to watch trailers from E3 on the consoles that care.
I mean, whatever that's cool do what you want and all that ****ed up jazz. But, and maybe I'm just seeing things, yet people are putting such weight into it, it just seems mind boggling. AM I THE ONLY ONE SEEING THIS?

underfooter said:
Can't someone just go on opra and watch the e3 videos on youtube or google.video?

Couldn't someone just appreciate that the content is being delivered to them on the consoles, and not post crybaby topics because their console of choice can't match the service?

Pharmacy

Banned
RevenantKioku said:
I mean, whatever that's cool do what you want and all that ****ed up jazz. But, and maybe I'm just seeing things, yet people are putting such weight into it, it just seems mind boggling. AM I THE ONLY ONE SEEING THIS?

you're like the strange kid in highschool who has like 3 friends and smells, and thinks saying "CHEESEY UNICORN OH IM SO RANDOM" is the most hilarious thing ever

HD Trailers are brilliant, especially on the day the original footage is shown. How hard is that to understand?

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
jjasper said:
I really don't see how someone with a Wii could call the PS3 a "gaming wasteland"

I was gonna suggest Sigma, but I remembered that RK likes DoC more than DMC3. YES I BROUGHT IT UP AGAIN

It's nice to watch video on your TV sometimes. It's not a huge OMG PS3 WINS issue, just 'hey, i can watch e3 stuff on my tv, that's pretty neat'

RevenantKioku

krypt0nian said:
Couldn't someone just appreciate that the content is being delivered to them on the consoles, and not post crybaby topics because their console of choice can't match the service?
That's what you believe I'm doing? Because, that's not what I'm doing. :D
Pharmacy said:
you're like the strange kid in highschool who has like 3 friends and smells, and thinks saying "CHEESEY UNICORN OH IM SO RANDOM" is the most hilarious thing ever
I also do windows
HD Trailers are brilliant, especially on the day the original footage is shown. How hard is that to understand?
Well, first HD is a scam, but it's not really "hard to understand why people like more things." It's hard to understand why people get so goddamned off on it like it's the greatest thing since ever. Or that consoles that don't offer it are somehow lessened. It's confusing!

can you watch game videos in hi def on your 50inch plasma with the Wii?

you would cream your pants if a new Mario or Zelda trailer came out and was available to watch in hi def on your TV.

Top Bottom