• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo press event at G|C

wsippel

Banned
This wouldn't be news, but some news outlets reported that there won't be a Nintendo press conference at Leipzig this year. Nintendo Germany clarified the situation yesterday: There won't be a typical press conference, but there will be a Nintendo press event, or press tour, called "My Nintendo". It'll be 90 minutes, and Nintendo plans to focus on games.

Sources (German):

http://www.gc-germany.com/ ("Presse" -> "Pressetermine")
http://www.nintendowiix.net/news_details.php?id=2651

TJ Spyke

I want confirmation that "Project H.A.M.M.E.R" is still being worked on, it looked interesting when Nintendo announced it at E3 2006.

There will definitely be BWii stuff as it's a European event.. wonder where Brawl online will fit in... here? TGS? Probably @ the dojo.

Lucky

TheGreatDave said:
Can't wait to see a German family playing Smash Bros.
Germans don't like SSBB?
Then I expect to see videos/demos of Germans getting military training using WiiFit.

jj984jj

He's a pretty swell guy in my books anyway.
TJ Spyke said:
I want confirmation that "Project H.A.M.M.E.R" is still being worked on, it looked interesting when Nintendo announced it at E3 2006.
They already confirmed it isn't, and it looked like crap at E3 2006.

TJ Spyke

Where did they say this? The only thing i've seen are rumors, and those are from unreliable "news" sites like Kotaku.

Also, the general consensus i've seen is that the concept of the game was interesting.

jj984jj

He's a pretty swell guy in my books anyway.
"Disaster is still under development," a Nintendo spokesperson told CVG today, but went on to admit "we've shifted development resources from Project H.A.M.M.E.R. You may hear about it in the future, but it's off the schedule for now."
http://computerandvideogames.com/article.php?id=168279

"shifted development resources" = they aren't working on it anymore = put on the back burner = delayed indefinitely = canceled (more or less)

Darji

Banned
rakka said:
God I swear if one more Wii ______ is announced...
there willl be definetly more Wii_____ announcments at this press conferernce. But now i am very curious if it will really be games.

finally we will see what Nintendos definition of games is

wsippel

Banned
Darji said:
there willl be definetly more Wii_____ announcments at this press conferernce. But now i am very curious if it will really be games.
I actually doubt that there'll be any new Wii_____ titles at G|C.

We already know their definition. You don't.

rakka

wsippel said:
I actually doubt that there'll be any new Wii_____ titles at G|C.

Theres more chance of a Wii Something than core "games" (outside of Mario Kart, Soccer, etc. all that crap) looking at Nintendo recently.

Prove me wrong big N.

Totalriot

I won't get my hopes up. Nintendo events on GC always sucked. Focusing on games probalby means that they will play some already released games on stage like Mario Party 8, BT2 or Pokemon. Plus the guy on stage is not Reggie but some marketing guy with no charisma.

There won't be any new game announcements and not much new info.

Xeke

Banned
TheGreatDave said:
I think we've been seeing that for 20 years. The change hasn't been as radical as people make out.

Of course it isn't but Darji would like us to think it has.

Zabojnik

sp0rsk said:
It'll most likely be some soccer shit.

Well, the Nintendo press conference (if you could call it that) from last year sucked ass, so it's no big deal. And yes, everybody knows that Leipzig is all about Pro Evo 2008.

Prediction - sales figures, gloating, blue ocean, release dates, some non-game announcement GAF will hate, a couple of new game announcements GAF might like, gloating, fucking Youtube shit.

nightside

rakka said:
Theres more chance of a Wii Something than core "games" (outside of Mario Kart, Soccer, etc. all that crap) looking at Nintendo recently.

Prove me wrong big N.

i think they'll focus on wiifit before announce any other "wii something"...

and btw, nintendo still have wii music in development and delayed to 2008, why announce a new "wii something"?

TJ Spyke said:
Where did they say this? The only thing i've seen are rumors, and those are from unreliable "news" sites like Kotaku.

Also, the general consensus i've seen is that the concept of the game was interesting.

Swing the remote to swing a hammer. A real chin-scratcher.

Deacan

9/10 NeoGAFfers don't understand statistics. The other 3/10 don't care.
I hope they don't show the Nintendo are the greatest thing since sliced bread media clips every 5 mins again like at E3.

Mr. Pointy said:
Prediction - sales figures, gloating, blue ocean, release dates, some non-game announcement GAF will hate, a couple of new game announcements GAF might like, gloating, fucking Youtube shit.

Who leaked the programme to you?

pn18

Banned
Darji said:

unbelievable darji, your english is actually better than your german. :0

yilmazz

I predict BWii, Smash, galaxy for sure
Mario Kart, MP3, WiiFit and something unannounced maybe

Also Zelda for DS.

News on AWDS2 would do me fine( and an explanation why we won't get SSMB this year would be nice)

Zerodoppler said:
Super Mario Cricket. Close your eyes and IMAGINE!

I've wanted a cricket game since the first time i played my wii so this would be the best announcement ever

Top Bottom