• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Famitsu scans (ASH, Exit DS, ASH, Dungeon Explorer DS, ASH, Smash Bros. Brawl)

jj984jj

He's a pretty swell guy in my books anyway.
ASH (DS)

EXIT (DS)

Dungeon Explorer (DS)

Tales of Innocence (DS)

Super Smash Bros. Brawl (Wii)

Thanks to creamsugar for the scans, they were posted in the news thread about Shock Axis so they got lost pretty quickly, they needed their own thread (especially ASH). BTW, that is Dungeon Explorer and not Dungeon Maker for DS, that's not a mistake so both are heading to the DS as well.

Edit: I've added the ToI scans as well just in case anybody missed them.

PolyGone

Banned
ASH definitely has an Ogre Battle-esque party configuration system, and thank god we finally see a different viewpoint mid battle, which looks very nice. I can't wait to get my hands on this one.

mundane character class names; itemer, stealer, monstermagic, longsword, batteler, blackmagic, whitemagic

Smash is coming along nicely, lovin the Kid Icarus shots in that scan!

Rlan

I played a bit of the original Exit game on PSP. It really felt like they had made what should be easy to control, needlessly complicated.

Did they change that at all in Exit 2? Is it a pure port of the original game? Isn't that what the XBLA game should end up being?

AlternativeUlster

Absolutely pathetic part deux
If I ever found a PsP for like $20, I was probably going to pick up Exit. Now it looks like I saved that $20 plus the $5 for getting a used PsP copy now. First day buy probably even if the game is $35.

D

Deleted member 1235

Unconfirmed Member
awesome, I was bummed watching exit vids and knowing I would never play it. happy days.

NeonZ

flipping_heck said:
Wow, new screenies of SSBB, Peach using her crown.. is that a new move?

It looks more like a dodge, but, yes, it's new. That scan also has the first shot of Peach's old down B in Brawl.

One of the screenshots shows the Ivysaur attacking too (rotating the leaves from that giant flower on its back) and Squirtle seem to have growing fists, like Mario.

ethelred

ASH looks fantastic as usual, but god those job names are horrible.

"Itemer" reminds me intensely of Daravon's infamous "Items being used are items used in battle."

Saitou

Banned
What are those 'combos' supposed to be on the lower right of the ASH scans? Team recomendations? Special attacks?

Also, worst class names ever.

John Dunbar

correct about everything
Does the Brawl scan mean there's some Pokemon trainer as a playable character that can summon Pokemons to fight for him?

Aeris130

John Dunbar said:
Does the Brawl scan mean there's some Pokemon trainer as a playable character that can summon Pokemons to fight for him?

Yes, Red. Always fights using either Squirtle, Ivysaur or Charizard (rotate them with up+B, I think).

Saitou

Banned
Pureauthor said:
Those... aren't really the class names, are they? I mean, seriously, batteler?
http://www.engrish.com

Don't worry, there's no way those will remain unchanged for the
eventual
western release.
But yeah, like I said, I don't think there are or ever will be a worse class name than "Itemer".

Haunted

Exit looks interesting. Is the PSP game any good?

The Smash Bros. screenshots are all one the official website as well. No new ones shown, sadly. You can get explanations and better quality screens there. :)

NeonZ

Haunted One said:
Exit looks interesting. Is the PSP game any good?

The Smash Bros. screenshots are all one the official website as well. No new ones shown, sadly. You can get explanations and better quality screens there. :)

Huh? No, there are new shots, though they're mostly showing minor things, like one of Squirtle's and Ivysaur's (probably) A attacks.

No, thats just her forward air.

I refuse to believe that she removes her crow while doing that move in melee.

Wow. I can't believe I've played that game for years and missed that...

SovanJedi

provides useful feedback
John Dunbar said:
If he always uses them, why hasn't Squirtle evolved?

He's holding an Everstone.

Actually, looking at the screens, I've just noticed how incredibly round Squirtle's head is. It makes me want to pat it repeatedly like in those Benny Hill skits with the bald man.

Hcoregamer00

The 'H' stands for hentai.
Even considering they use prerendered backgrounds, the models of ASH are amazing when they have the one character onscreen.

:D

TreIII

PolyGone said:
ASH definitely has an Ogre Battle-esque party configuration system, and thank god we finally see a different viewpoint mid battle, which looks very nice. I can't wait to get my hands on this one.

I second this. Been WAY too long since we got an Ogre Battle like game in this industry. I wonder if Matsuno went all ninja-like and joined Mistwalker on a sneak tip...

Vic

Please help me with my bad english
jj984jj said:
Dungeon Explorer (DS)

BTW, that is Dungeon Explorer and not Dungeon Maker for DS, that's not a mistake so both are heading to the DS as well.
That's good to know. Someone here at GAF said that Dungeon Maker wasn't that good so I kinda ignore this scan, but now that I've been looking at it, I'm kinda interested.

btw, it's another DS RPG announced.

Zeed

Banned
Haunted One said:
Uh, no there are quite a few new ones there, actually. Just at a glance:

1. Shot of Peach with a turnip (first time we've seen her Down-B)
2. Shot of Peach in Lylat Cruise with her crown off (never seen anything like this before - you sure this was her forward air in Melee?)
3. Shot of Squirtle attacking Mario with an enlarged claw (possibly a scratch attack?)
4. Shot of Ivysaur attacking Yoshi with the leaves on its back (normal move? Razor Leaf?)
5. Shot of Charizard doing something with black stuff around him (wtf is that?)
6. I believe the shots of Wario and Samus at the bottom of the second scan is new too
7. The shot of Kirby and the sticker floating down is new as well, but not very exciting

ethelred

Vic said:
That's good to know. Someone here at GAF said that Dungeon Maker wasn't that good so I kinda ignore this scan, but now that I've been looking at it, I'm kinda interested.

btw, it's another DS RPG announced.

Screw Dungeon Maker and Dungeon Explorer -- I want to see Level 5's new RPG, and Kazuya Niinou's next game (Project Ray).

Kafel

Banned
ethelred said:
Screw Dungeon Maker and Dungeon Explorer -- I want to see Level 5's new RPG, and Kazuya Niinou's next game (Project Ray).

I thought Ray was for the Wii and Salamander for the DS ?

Haunted

NeonZ said:
Huh? No, there are new shots, though they're mostly showing minor things, like one of Squirtle's and Ivysaur's (probably) A attacks.
oh, you're right. There's even new ones in Peach's section. Cool. The smaller ones updates below (Palutena, Smoke Ball etc.) are definitely on the site though.

*smacks self for not looking closely enough*

Zeed said:
Uh, no there are quite a few new ones there, actually. Just at a glance:

Looks like the splash from a ground attack.

SovanJedi

provides useful feedback
Zeed said:

It looks like rubble flying up from around him. I assumed he was using Earthquake, since it's a move he's able to learn.

Vic

Please help me with my bad english
ethelred said:
Give Explorer at least a little chance (just a little)

Dascu

Kafel said:
I thought Ray was for the Wii and Salamander for the DS ?
That's just speculation, no?

Ray's the one with the artwork that shows a big semi-futuristic world with flying cars and such, no? If so, I'd rather have that one on the Wii in 3D. So, I do hope project Ray's the Wii project.

Also, looking at those ASH screens, I can't help but wonder what's going on with Matsuno.
I've picked up Vagrant Story again, having just beaten the Lich in Undercity to get the Teleportation spell. This game is very "hardcore". Such a deep battle system. High challenge, but high reward. It really requires you to spend lots of time in the Item Menu, tooling around with Blade combinations, attaching Gems, raising Affinities...
Sad you can't see the armour changes like you can see your weapons and shields. It would've been great if you could really see what armour Ashley's wearing.

Top Bottom