• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gran Turismo 5 Prologue PS3 : Presentation video by Kazunori Yamauchi at GC !

Namomura

I think this deserves its own thread... It's in english :)

http://www.jeux-france.com/news21522_gc-demo-de-gt5-prologue.html

60641420070824_180821_0_big.jpg

60641420070824_180836_6_big.jpg

60641420070824_180858_17_big.jpg

J-Rzez

Yes, yes it would if the servers would be good enough to allow you to watch it :(

*waits for someone to youtube it*

glaurung

Excellent find!

Does he explain the Home option on the main (?) menu somewhere in there?

I could only watch a few minutes and already drooled all over my keyboard.

glaurung

Okay, I'll answer my own question:

Home is still in early development, but the idea is to have seamless integration with the default Home space, like having a user open a door in Home and step directly into GT5.

It's around the 7m mark.

J-Rzez

f@luS said:
200K poly / car? doubt it

I'm glad you debunked what the man behind the game said, we can all sleep easy now as there's nothing to see in the most rediculous looking game so far shown this gen...

mckmas8808

Mckmaster uses MasterCard to buy Slave drives
200k poly cars confirmed!!! WOW!! That's why the cars look so good. PS3 is a geometry monster.

fmcato

LiquidMetal14 said:
Did he say that? Kaz?

Oh yes, he said that. Plus the modeling has been made modular, so in the future body parts can be replaced. No mention to damage modelling, though, but it might be related.

f@luS

More than a member.
but , but....200k/car is almost 200 millions for cars only @ 1080p
wtf is going on here

J-Rzez

Oh wow, the TV feature sounds cool... I love the calander system too that tracks special events say made up by Polyphony... Guess the "Car-Life Simulator" aspect that was talked about it sounding true...

gofreak

GAF's Bob Woodward
f@luS said:
but , but....200k/car is almost 200 millions for cars only @ 1080p
wtf is going on here

Probably some LOD..

J-Rzez said:
Oh wow, the TV feature sounds cool... I love the calander system too that tracks special events say made up by Polyphony... Guess the "Car-Life Simulator" aspect that was talked about it sounding true...

What is the TV feature? Watching online races?

gofreak

GAF's Bob Woodward
f@luS said:
What should happen then if the 16 cars stop each one near another one?

It'd be difficult to have 16 cars equidistant from the camera while also still being visible..if you tried to squash them all close to the camera, some are still going to be further from the camera and/or partially obscured.

f@luS

More than a member.
gofreak said:
It'd be difficult to have 16 cars equidistant from the camera while also still being visible..if you tried to squash them all close to the camera, some are still going to be further from the camera and/or partially obscured.
Well, anyway this number is insane. I think PGR has around 90k per car. doh

TONX

Distinguished Air Superiority
Being able to show locations and weather of your buddies through the menu screen. :D I have no idea why but that's awesome to me.

J-Rzez

gofreak said:
Probably some LOD..

What is the TV feature? Watching online races?

No, it's vid's set up by say Polyphony on how to drive, car manufacturers releasing what sounded like various vid's on their cars, TV shows that sign on (I think that's what they meant, like, maybe Top Gear type shows??)

EDIT: I didn't get to watch the whole vid yet, but someone that did (that watched it with genuine interest) should set up some bullet points... Their server is freakin' horrid...

And, for me, with all i've seen so far, Prologue could be a full priced game and i'd buy it... This is a larger than usual demo, and it too can creep into GOTY status... wtf... Too much this winter...

gofreak

GAF's Bob Woodward
J-Rzez said:
No, it's vid's set up by say Polyphony on how to drive, car manufacturers releasing what sounded like various vid's on their cars, TV shows that sign on (I think that's what they meant, like, maybe Top Gear type shows??)

Ah, that sounds pretty cool.

Watching online races would be nice too, particularly if patched into Home aswell.

Raist

Banned
Streaming works well here :p

I guess you US guys just have a terrible ping :lol

Anyways, some interesting infos

- Game will run @ 1080p, 60fps, replays only @ 30fps because they're throwing a lot more additional effects for replays

- The map above the screen will allow you to spot your friends who are online, and their weather conditions

- The calendar will allow you to schedule events with friends, like let's run on the nurburgring on the 28th of november, etc

- TV will allow you to see non game content. TV shows, videos shot be PD etc. The translator said they wanted to do this because people like yamauchi turn their tv on ASA they get back home and look for car related stuff. They'll give more infos during TGS

- Album will allow you to share shots and replays

- Home is still WIP. Ultimately they want seamless transitions between GT5 and Home. More infos @ TGS.

- GT5P will have all the basic online options you'd expect from a racing game

Video is pretty long and sound is getting terrible during the questions session so I guess I missed some infos, still those ones are pretty nice I guess.

J-Rzez

Luckyman said:
"It could be a famous TV program about cars"

Did he just confirm that? :D

I hope so :p

This is a car lovers wank fest so far from what i've managed to see in this vid... I mean, my concerns are the modding system which i hope this game is the first to finally push it past the system that was in place since the original GT, but if i have to live with the standard design, so be it, i guess :( ... And, the physics system, which even with GT:HD one can notice they were working on that as well... So they're prolly taking strides there and i'm not too worried about that... They're throwing down their hand at online now as well... I mean, it's sounding to be the most complete GAMING experience ever, not just racing game wise...

This game should bring a tear of joy to any car lover's eyes...

EDIT: OMG, just got to the part about them realistically recreating the reflections/refractions of light in all glass and plastic assemblies like head/taillights and windows...

glaurung

Luckyman said:
"It could be a famous TV program about cars"

Did he just confirm that?

Imagine having Jeremy and Richard review a new supercar and then... there's an interactive button on the video that allows downloading the car and driving it around the Top Gear track... Maybe even try and beat Stig's best time.

I think I'm getting a nosebleed from all the awesomeness that my caffeinated brain is producing.

Ranger X

Raist said:
- Game will run @ 1080p, 60fps, replays only @ 30fps because they're throwing a lot more additional effects for replays

This is SO gay. What's there? more anti-alias and motion blur? Fuck that bull.

glaurung

Ranger X said:
This is SO gay. What's there? more anti-alias and motion blur? Fuck that bull.

Forza Motorsport 2 has the same limitation, gameplay at 60, replays at 30 fps.

Bonus filters, correct lightning and sweeping camera angles.

Top Bottom