• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF OCTOBER Pick-Up Post! (Show us your gaming goods!)

MarkMan

loves Arcade Sticks
OCTOBER is here! Post ACTUAL pictures! No one cares to see pictures they can find on google images....

Post ACTUAL pictures! No one cares to see pictures they can find on google images....

Post ACTUAL pictures! No one cares to see pictures they can find on google images....

ARCHIVES:
November 2006
December 2006
January 2007
February 2007
March 2007
April 2007
May 2007
June 2007
July 2007
August 2007
September 2007

----

Welcome to another edition of this thread! I wonder how many posts we'll make it until someone posts a google image/hotlinked pic... It's been almost a year since we've started this thread. I don't think we'll ever make it through a whole month!

Oh, here's what I got yesterday, but since today is the 1st... It'll be my first post :)

1467541644_d1e9a097e8.jpg

AniHawk

This is gonna be quite a month. Five games! ...And 3 are going to be on the same day (which I am hereby calling "Capcom Day"). Yowza.

-Zelda: PH
-Mega Man ZXA
-Phoenix Wright 3
-Zack and Wiki
-Guitar Hero III

grandjedi6

Master of the Google Search
I bought:

Legend of Zelda: Phantom Hourglass
Ace Attorney: Phoenix Wright: Trials and Tribulations
Zack and Wiki

Jive Turkey

Unconfirmed Member
Never understood why these threads pop up so early in the month and demanding actual pics.

Anyway...

For sure:
Orange Box (PC)

Probably:
Halo 3
Gears of War (360)
Zack and Wiki

Post to be updated with ACTUAL pictures when the games finally drop!!!

Unless I forget all about this thread and then you're stuck with a post without ACTUAL pictures!!! Hahahahahahahahaha!!!

Vormund

Well this month

Halo 3
ETQW
Orange box over steam
Also just picked up Sega Rally on 360

and decided to pick up BF2142 just for the hell of it.

There's a bit of a common theme with these games heh.

Edit: extra game.

Matt_09

Barnolde said:
Orange Box (Steam) is all I need.

Oh yeah!

I picked up this lot over the weekend.

SP_A0039.jpg

This is my second Wii and I actually aim to keep it this time... providing some decent titles are released at some point before I die.

SP_A0038.jpg

gofreak

GAF's Bob Woodward
Want:

Ratchet & Clank Future: Tools of Destruction
Pro Evolution Soccer 2008
Sega Rally OR PGR4
The Eye of Judgement (hot euro box-set action..or cheaper import..hmm)
The Orange Box

Kind of Want:

Tabula Rasa
Zelda PH

I guess I'll post pics at the end of the month. Should probably post in the Sept thread now :p

Red Scarlet

AniHawk said:
I thought you had one all this time.

Nah, I still just have a fat DS with 1 working screen. But at least 3 games I plan on getting and one I have will be easier to play with both screens working.

AniHawk

Red Scarlet said:
Nah, I still just have a fat DS with 1 working screen. But at least 3 games I plan on getting and one I have will be easier to play with both screens working.

Ah. I didn't think you'd be one to pass up the Dragon Quest stuff headed that way.

Kosma

Banned
Bought in anticipation of the PS3 price drop, so that they can be enjoyed in upscaled glory. Total cost me 60 euro, as FFXII just dropped in price. Will have to replace the platinum versions with the normal ones one day I think....for the sake of my growing collection.
Now drop the PS3 price bastards!

DSC00255.jpg

The collection is still missing some key titles (A mate borrowed my copy of FFIX) FF 1,2,4 (DS remake soon!) and ofcourse Tactics. Don't know if I should even bother with the Chrystal Chronicles series though. Also do the Platinum versions really look that bad here?

DSC00256.jpg

dankir

How has anybody bought anything in October? Its 9:17 am Monday October 1st as I'm writing this. I smell some September left overs here!

dankir said:
How has anybody bought anything in October? Its 9:17 am Monday October 1st as I'm writing this. I smell some September left overs here!

np: Morrissey - America Is Not The World

Americans, Canadians...

It's half past 3 pm over here in Central Europe.

dankir

Klaxon said:
np: Morrissey - America Is Not The World

Americans, Canadians...

It's half past 3 pm over here in Central Europe.

Ah very true, looking at the pics your story checks out.

ymmv

Banned
After getting a PSP Slim with Killzone Liberation and Loco Roco four weeks ago, I added a few more PSP games to the collection. I also spent a good amount on European (Dutch) comics this past Saturday. 35 new titles were added to the collection. There was a delivery from Amazon.com as well and I also got a few Gamecube titles.

Stuff.jpg

Aurelius

ymmv said:
After getting a PSP Slim with Killzone Liberation and Loco Roco four weeks ago, I added a few more PSP games to the collection. I also spent a good amount on European (Dutch) comics this past Saturday. 35 new titles were added to the collection. There was a delivery from Amazon.com as well and I also got a few Gamecube titles.

Stuff.jpg

Hot damn, those Franka special editions. I'm still deciding if I should get those.

MaX_PL

Banned
gofreak said:
Want:

Ratchet & Clank Future: Tools of Destruction
Pro Evolution Soccer 2008
Sega Rally OR PGR4
The Eye of Judgement (hot euro box-set action..or cheaper import..hmm)
The Orange Box

Kind of Want:

Tabula Rasa
Zelda PH

I guess I'll post pics at the end of the month. Should probably post in the Sept thread now :p

PGR4 over Sega Rally is the correct choice.

rSpooky

Aurelius said:
Hot damn, those Franka special editions. I'm still deciding if I should get those.
Franka .... wow , I remember reading those stories in the EPPO (yes I am old) used to love it , just as STORM and agent 327.

nice to hear they still popular in my home country .
(OT: my pics coming in later, but I got HALO 3 - and M-audio AXIOM 61 Midi controller ..yay for b-days :p)

Ahhh October, the month of my birthday.:D

This month I WILL own:
- Sin & Punishment (Virtual Console)
- GHIII (Wii)
- Radeon HD 2600PRO Gfx Card
- Orange Box (PC)

I'm slowly upgrading my sound system, just got these and they sound amazing:D

Axiom M60 v2 Left & Right
Axiom VP150 v2 Center
DSCF0130.jpg

"Why did nobody write how awesome I am, yet? :("

Your not awesome at all, all I've been thinking about since your post is how bad I could go for some homemade apple pie :(

marwan

Banned
FoxhoundNL said:
IMG_1590.jpg

Sexy phone, sexy game :D.

<3 both.

i just bought that phone(samsung U700), and besides it's looks beautiful looks, i hated everything about it, finger pring magnet and good luck with the touch sensative buttons(the soft keys, they drove me insane), the user interface is a mess, i've always been using Sony Ericsson and Nokis instead(currently using N95), they're way more refined.

i'm selling the phone.

sorry don't mean to crap on your purchase, just my opinion.

Zaraki_Kenpachi said:
"Why did nobody write how awesome I am, yet? :("

Your not awesome at all, all I've been thinking about since your post is how bad I could go for some homemade apple pie :(

I was talking more about God Hand, but yeah, the apple pie is great. And it's even made by my mother. So nothing can top that.

"I was talking more about God Hand, but yeah, the apple pie is great. And it's even made by my mother. So nothing can top that."

In that case congratulations on God Hand!:D Definitely a lot of fun to play. But man do I want apple pie :(

marwan said:
i just bought that phone(samsung U700), and besides it's looks beautiful looks, i hated everything about it, finger pring magnet and good luck with the touch sensative buttons(the soft keys, they drove me insane), the user interface is a mess, i've always been using Sony Ericsson and Nokis instead(currently using N95), they're way more refined.

i'm selling the phone.

sorry don't mean to crap on your purchase, just my opinion.
I'm familiar with both the touch sensitive keys and the user interface since I've had the Samsung E900 for over a year. I don't think the phone has any real cons, and the MP3 player in combination with the rotating wheel work surprisingly well imo. Personally I think most Nokia and SE's UI are a total mess, to each his own I guess. I can imagine that you hate the soft keys though, I hated them too when I just got the E900, but you'll get used to it over time... You're selling one sexy phone :(.

Top Bottom