• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

In this thread we post prototypes/pre-production or rare consoles and peripherals

jts

...hate me...
I really like this kind of stuff.

Post even rare/unreleased colors of known hardware.

I'll start off with a classic seen on other thread.

wii_controller_prototypes.jpg

Lulz

I hope to see a lot of 360s, Play Stations, etc.

Oh and official stuff only, not mods or mockups. Thank you.

Acosta

That star thing is a console? Wow, is the first time I see it, I would have loved to see the reactions.

I am busy as hell, but I have a lot of old magazines, so I will try to find something for contribute.

gray_fox224

Acosta said:
That star thing is a console? Wow, is the first time I see it, I would have loved to see the reactions.

I am busy as hell, but I have a lot of old magazines, so I will try to find something for contribute.

Nah, it was a prototype controller for Rev er, Wii

Ahhh...the Phantom. I remember being amazed seeing it at an electronics show. I thought it was all smoke but they had a system playing Thief I think. The booth was empty expect for wives of electronic nerds who were just using their comfy couches while their husbands sat through demos of interesting stuff.

CrunchinJelly

formerly cjelly
Darunia said:
holy shit at some of the 360 ones. So glad they tweaked and goosed it to the one we have now
Pretty much was I was thinking.

Looks like they let some high school students make them. :lol

Cool. I recently did an article on prototypes for a Dutch gaming site. You can find the article here where you can find all kinds of pictures of prototypes.

Maybe you can even understand the text if you use Babelfish or something similar :D

Hmmm, I wonder why Nintendo ditched the concave joystick for the convex one they use now. IMO the 360-style concave stick is much more percise and comfortable.

Acosta

I was lucky, think I found some stuff to post in the first mag I got. It ss the original Play Station, I think it was produced and even there is software for it, a Hook game if I remember well (I wrote about this story many years ago, but I forgot the details).

85ms36p.jpg

Creamium

shut uuuuuuuuuuuuuuup
mio said:
GCN pad proto:
gcnprot1.jpg

Just look at this thing

I remember seeing this in some UK Nintendo mag back in the day. I stared at it for minutes and just couldn't get the placement of the Start button.

gray_fox224

Darunia said:
Just look at this thing

I remember seeing this in some UK Nintendo mag back in the day. I stared at it for minutes and just couldn't get the placement of the Start button.

Dolphin lol

madara

I remember I imported a Supergraphx and I got this game called Battle Ace. My friends loved to come over and play that but after about 6months and no other titles me paying $400 became butt of a few jokes. :lol

jts

...hate me...
Notorious_Roy said:
Cool. I recently did an article on prototypes for a Dutch gaming site. You can find the article here where you can find all kinds of pictures of prototypes.

Maybe you can even understand the text if you use Babelfish or something similar :D
Nice pics! Can they be posted over here? Just some of them.

jts

...hate me...
I'm enjoying this :D

Oh shi-, i forgot about the devkits. You can post that too if you will.

Net Yaroze

960510photo1.jpg

Top Bottom