• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

'Kart Attack' (PSN/XBLA/PC) Revealed

Endless

bigbanner_kart.jpg

Blimeygames.com

Kart Attack is a brand new racing game destined for Xbox Live Arcade, the Playstation Network and Games for Windows - Live. This revolutionary title includes stunning next generation graphics surpassing those found in many AAA titles, and a driving model which is both easy to get to grips with and fun to play. Whether you're challenging opponents online, trying to beat the stunningly intelligent AI characters or improving your own times at one of our exclusive themed circuits, you're sure to have fantastic fun with the gaming sensation which is Kart Attack.

kart_001.jpg

kart_002.jpg

kart_003.jpg

kart_004.jpg

kart_005.jpg

kart_006.jpg

kart_007.jpg

kart_008.jpg

YYZ

I thought this was a cartoony CTR/MK-like game, but it looks like the GT5 of kart racing, do want???

Yeah right at these screens.

And what's up with the lack of oil slicks and/or bananas? Powerslides and speed boosts? Ramps? In-track obstacles?

It's almost like it's some sort of sim.

Mamesj

Banned
The graphics are awesome, thus it is going to play amazingly well and will surely be a talked about title for years to come.

chubigans

y'all should be ashamed
Mamesj said:
The graphics are awesome, thus it is going to play amazingly well and will surely be a talked about title for years to come.

You apparently missed my post. It WILL be awesome, if their last work is anything to go by.

StarEye

The Amiga Brotherhood
If this is like the Virtual Karting games from late in the Amiga era, it's going to be a winner.

kenta

Has no PEINS
Wow I was just thinking of a kart game since I raced some last week and had a total blast. I'm interested to see how they handle the scale and sense of speed, it's exhilarating to race one of these karts at 40mph and I hope they capture that intensity

VALIS

angelfly said:
Looks great but not sure I want a realistic kart racer.

That's the thing. It looks realistic but if it also controls like a Forza/GT or even Need For Speed then I'll be seriously bummed. If it's a Kart game, it needs to have exaggerated physics and be a lot more arcadey than sim.

jet1911

VALIS said:
That's the thing. It looks realistic but if it also controls like a Forza/GT or even Need For Speed then I'll be seriously bummed. If it's a Kart game, it needs to have exaggerated physics and be a lot more arcadey than sim.

Why? I want a sim Kart game.

I was...for some reason...expecting an epic recreation of when my friends and I used to race shopping carts down busy side walks.

Oh well...this is cool too I guess.

VALIS said:

It's interesting that you have expectations like that about this game simply from reading the word "kart."

Kaako

Felium Defensor
Damn, looks pretty good for "untouched in-game screens." :D
Will keep an eye out for this one now.

lexi

Banned
This wouldn't be like Forza/GT if it had realistic physics. Karts handle WAY differently due to the fact they don't have a diff, among other features that cars universally have.

I HOPE this game is modeled on real go-kart physics.

legend166

I was about to come in here and say "whoever made that thread about kart racers is going to be happy!"

But then I looked and noticed it was realistic.

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
I expected this to be a lolz thread, but I was pleasantly surprised. This looks AWESOME. I'm definitely interested.

twinturbo2

butthurt Heat fan
strange_booj said:
Karts max out at 12 MPH.
Actually, certain karts can max out at 100-plus MPH.
As for this, I'll be looking out for this one. XBLA needs some decent racing titles, and this and Gripshift will fit that bill nicely. I actually like the realistic slant this game is taking, I could never get into Mario Kart anyways.

twinturbo2

butthurt Heat fan
Actually, does anyone remember that Sega game, Club Kart, for the arcades? I like that game, a few nearby arcades have it. :D

twinturbo2 said:
Actually, certain karts can max out at 100-plus MPH.
As for this, I'll be looking out for this one. XBLA needs some decent racing titles, and this and Gripshift will fit that bill nicely. I actually like the realistic slant this game is taking, I could never get into Mario Kart anyways.

I love Mario Kart but we've had a billion mascot inspired, cartoony racers since it started the genre. Nice to see someone take a semi-realistic take on it.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kart_racing

Top Bottom