• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF plays Final Fantasy VII

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
I would if I had free time. It's the only RPG I've played through 4 times or so.

Got too much on my plate right now but it's been +/- 8 years since I played it and I'd like to do it again soon. Next gaming doldrums, I'll revisit it. Dunno how it's aged but to this day I remember almost every scene so the game did something right.

sykoex

Lost all credibility.
Maybe I'd join in by I left it at my fucking ex-gf's house and then she let her next boyfriend take it. DAMN I HATE HER!!

ezekial45

Banned
Woah, Himuro is back.

Anyway, i've considered going back to it. The last time i played i left off at towards the end of disc 2. I still have never beaten Weapons yet, so that'll serve as some motivation.

If I had the time I would, but as of now I'm working the graveyard shift and won't have enough time to finish it when I had to go back. School goers count yourselves lucky, the real world sucks, especially for gamers. :(

....I will replay it as soon as C.C. comes out in march. :D

Tarazet

I love this game to death but I'm FF7-ed out. I did everything. I even had a Cloud with all stats at 255, the numerical max. As I recall, he didn't do max damage with the Buster Sword, but he did quite a bit.

ZeoVGM

Banned
Hey so it'd be nice if people didn't come in just to say "NAHHHH". Thread isn't for you, obviously.

I'ma start replaying the best game ever Saturday. :]

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
omg rite said:
Hey so it'd be nice if people didn't come in just to say "NAHHHH". Thread isn't for you, obviously.

I'ma start replaying the best game ever Saturday. :]

Hugs for you.

Chris R

I would have to rip the discs for my PSP and make room :(

Bah if I can find a guide and make sure I have the latest versions so I can have multi-disc play I'll start tonight

Himuro said:
Seriously. How can I make Barret want my white man meat?

You could change there names and replace them with a sexually explicit pickup line. It's quite hilarious really. I used to change Tifa's name to pffft! so every time she spoke, she appear to have a flatulence problem. It was funny when I was sixteen at least.

bluemax

Banned
Himuro said:

Play the superior PC version, download the utility that lets you modify your save file, and change the relationship values so that Barret is your highest one right before that event.

bluemax said:
Play the superior PC version, download the utility that lets you modify your save file, and change the relationship values so that Barret is your highest one right before that event.

How do you make the game play on Windows XP?

usea

Himuro said:
www.*************

They have user-submitted FAQs and guides on most games. Go there and click on the drop down menu called platform jumper, then select Playstation. Final Fantasy VII is the #1 game in the list of top 10 games. Click on it, and then at the top click on FAQs and Guides. You will find one of particular interest to you called the Date Mechanics Guide. Click on it, and then use the mousewheel, arrow keys, page up/down keys, etc to navigate the page. You can perform a search in most browsers by hitting ctrl+f or F3. Try searching the date mechanics guide for barret.

bluemax

Banned
Himuro said:
How is the pc version superior? I always heard it sucks.

Because its easier to hack? Haha I don't know. I owned the PC version long before I ever owned the PS1 version. I remember trying to replay it a few years ago and having to patch it cause the display was flipped.

I think I still have my original save file though.

BlueTsunami

there is joy in sucking dick
HIMURRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRROOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOooooooooooooooooooooo

Choke on the Magic said:
Seriously? Why?
I don't really have a good reason why. I just.... didn't.

For me it's unsurprising since I've never beaten a mainline FF game, ever.

There's no way I can go back and play this now; the game just hasn't aged well. If Squeenix ever feels like raking in millions with a remake, they'd need to make major updates to the gameplay to get me to play it (oh and make an abridged version, this game is too damn long). The materia system is still cool though, and one of the best FF "systems" (like job/junction/gambit/junction etc) created.

FF7 seems to be simultaneously be the most overrated and underrated RPG ever. Many people consider it to be the thier favorite RPG (most likely from being thier first RPG) or people overly hate it because of it's popularity.

Aeana

DIrtyWeasel said:
FF7 seems to be simultaneously be the most overrated and underrated RPG ever. Many people consider it to be the thier favorite RPG (most likely from being thier first RPG) or people overly hate it because of it's popularity.

I consider myself in the middle. It's a good game, and that's it.

Hating something because it's popular is pretty dumb.

Top Bottom