• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ebay-Age Forums: 'Letting go of your old gaming collection' Edition.

Xdrive05

EDIT: PM me if you're interested in anything. I cleared my box so you're good to go.

The situation: Wifey doesn't like the fact that I keep buying systems and games without getting rid of the old ones. I want a PS3. The PS3 costs too much for my poe arse. So what's a boy to do?

1.) Take an inventory of my old gaming collection
2.) Flip it up on Ebay
3.) ????
4.) Profit

Before I try this I'd like you, the fine young men and women of GAF, to glance at this list and tell me if you see anything you'd be willing to pay for. Most of this stuff I want to keep for sentimental and nostalgic reasons, but you have to face the music eventually.

NOTE: I haven't even started on my SNES and NES collection. I have over 50 titles there alone. That comes next. And I'm keeping all my PC shit.

---- Gameboy Color ----
HARDWARE:
Handheld GBC (Purple colored. Minor scuffs from usage. Works great)

SOFTWARE:
The Legend of Zelda: Oracle of Seasons

---- GBA ----
HARDWARE:
*SOLD*Limited Edition NES GBA:SP, w/box, used but mint.*SOLD*

SOFTWARE:
*SOLD*Zelda Minish Cap*SOLD*
Golden Sun
*SOLD*Castlevania: Aria of Sorrow*SOLD*

---- N64 ----
HARDWARE:
*SOLD*System (Grey) w/Expansion Pack*SOLD*
*SOLD*Wired Controller (Purple Translucent)*SOLD*
*SOLD*Wired Controller (Grey)*SOLD*
*SOLD*Rumble Pack (Grey)*SOLD*
*SOLD*Memory Card (Generic Brand)
*SOLD*

SOFTWARE:
*SOLD*Conker's Bad Fur Day*SOLD*
*SOLD*Perfect Dark*SOLD*
*SOLD*The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask*SOLD*
*SOLD*Jet Force Gemini*SOLD*
*SOLD*Mission Impossible*SOLD*
*SOLD*007 Goldeneye*SOLD*
*SOLD*Donkey Kong 64*SOLD*
*SOLD*The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time
*SOLD*

---- Dreamcast ----
HARDWARE:
*SOLD*System (White)*SOLD*
*SOLD*Controller (White)*SOLD*
*SOLD*Controller (White)*SOLD*
*SOLD*VMU*SOLD*

SOFTWARE:
*SOLD*Skies of Arcadia *SOLD*
*SOLD*Toy Commander *SOLD*
*SOLD*Soul Calibur *SOLD*
*SOLD*Prince of Persia: Arabian Knights*SOLD*
*SOLD*Grandia 2 *SOLD*

---- PS2 ----
HARDWARE:
System (Black original form factor)
Dual Shock 2
Dual Shock 2
8mb Memory Card

SOFTWARE:
Shadow of the Colossus Demo (Gamestop demo disc)
*SOLD*OPM demo #97 (SotC demo, early build with easter eggs)*SOLD*
*SOLD*Shadow of the Colossus *SOLD*
*SOLD*Dragon Quest VIII Demo (Gamestop demo disc)*SOLD*
SOCOM II
Jak and Daxter
Jak II
*SOLD*ICO*SOLD*
*SOLD*Final Fanatasy X*SOLD*
Gran Tourismo 3 Aspec
God of War
Metal Gear Solid 3: Snake Eater
Jam Pack Volume 11

---- Gamecube ----
HARDWARE:
System (Black)
Controller (Black)
***wavebird no longer for sell***
S-Video Monster Cable
Memory Card (4mb)

SOFTWARE:
Metal Arms
*SOLD*The Legend of Zelda: Collector's Edition*SOLD*
Smash Bros. Melee
*ON HOLD*Viewtiful Joe*ON HOLD*
Rogue Squadron 2
The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess
*ON HOLD*Resident Evil 4*ON HOLD*
Megaman Anniversary Edition
Metroid Prime 2: Echoes
Metal Gear Solid: The Twin Snakes
*SOLD*Resident Evil Remake*SOLD*
Geist
Metroid Prime
Eternal Darkness
Mario Kart Double Dash
Timesplitters 2
Wind Waker

---- Xbox ----
HARDWARE:
Jack Shit

SOFTWARE:
Counterstrike
*SOLD*Shenmue 2*SOLD*
OXM Demo Disc #25
OXM Demo Disc #41
OXM Demo Disc #29
OXM Demo Disc #23
OXM Demo Disc #22
Exhibition Demo Disc
GTA Double Pack
Dance Dance Revolution Ultramix
*SOLD*Jet Set Radio Future*SOLD*
Amped 2
Ultimate Halo Companion DVD Set
Halo 2

Also, does anyone think I would do better selling these items individually or in large groups (like N64 + games and accessories in one auction)?

Thanks for your comments and advice.

ascii42

bjork said:
I would do lots by system.
I agree with this. Do by system, no more, no less. Some of those games won't fetch much alone, but people generally aren't looking to buy multiple systems.

Kuran

Banned
I wish I could part with all my crap.. (http://www.wimtubbax.be/collection/)

But the truth is, 80% of my stuff, I would get 5$/10$ for.. its worth more then that to me. So the only profit to be gained is by selling the remaining valuable 20%. But that would leave me without the truely valuable games that I have. Panzer Dragoon Saga is a memory worth more then the price it goes for.

oneHeero

If you have your DC box, the original box, Ill play 65 for that and the games :) I'll also let you download my PSN games for free :)

Xdrive05

Kuran said:
I wish I could part with all my crap.. (http://www.wimtubbax.be/collection/)

But the truth is, 80% of my stuff, I would get 5$/10$ for.. and the sentimental value and collector in me thinks its worth more then that. So the only thing I can really profit from, is if I sell that 20% that is really valuable... but these are games that are also special to me! If I sold them, I'd just have the generic worthless (on the market) games left.

That's the devil in my soul too. I already took a price check on Ebay to see what everything is going for, and most of the games are only going for like $4 to $10 a pop. A lot of them are worth a LOT to me personally for sentimental value and wanting to play them again some day.

At the same time I know I'll never have the chance to spend a lot of time with them again (just got married, getting a job, life's getting really busy, etc). So I have to suck it up and sell them for the cash and storage space.

It sucks. Bad. It's giving away a part of your life for a few bucks.

bjork

I sold a ton of stuff to people here, and with the exception of about four games, I don't miss any of it. Better to have it go to someone that's really going to enjoy it, than to sit on my shelf imo.

Xdrive05

Kintaco said:
Do your N64 games come complete in the box?

Unfortunately, no. I just have the carts. Same for the systems; the boxes haven't survived all those years. Also for my DC games, most of the jewel cases have come apart (I bought them used), but the discs are fine. The exception being Grandia 2 which is basically mint condition. The newer games are all fine and the DVD cases are fine.

Everything works great too.

Christine

Xdrive05 said:
NOTE: I haven't even started on my SNES and NES collection. I have over 50 titles there alone. That comes next. And I'm keeping all my PC shit.

What's the situation with PS1 software?

gkryhewy

Your wife is right. Take solace in the fact that none of that stuff is likely to ever appreciate in value very much (as compared to my import saturn collection, which i stupidly sold awhile back).

Xdrive05

TwinIonEngines said:
What's the situation with PS1 software?

Not good. I have Tomb Raider 1 Greatest Hits and a demo disc that's scratched all to hell and only plays with some luck.

Ironically I sold my PS1 games for a small profit a few years ago.

robot

I paid for my ps3 by selling a bunch of old stuff. I got around $250 for an xbox, 4 controllers and 10 games, and $110 for a old style ps2 with a wireless controller and 2 games.

Check ebay on some of your titles before bundling everything together, you never know what might be rare.

Mar

Xdrive05 said:
The situation: Wifey doesn't like the fact that I keep buying systems and games without getting rid of the old ones.

You're going to regret it dude. The small amount of cash you make off these games won't be worth the trouble or the loss of your memories. I know because I sold all of my collection once, and now I'm buying them all back. One by one.

Xdrive05

OP was updated with Gameboy Advance stuff (listed first). *SOLD*

Is anyone interested in a Limited Edition NES style GBA?*SOLD*

My6cats

Banned
I sold my saturn and 90 game, and made tons of money. That was with rare game: Panzer dragoon Saga, Shining Force 3, House of the Dead, Saturn Bomberman, Gaurdian Heroes, ALL the working Design games for the Saturn, Burning Rangers, Sonic jam, Christmas Nights, and all these games were the American games. I also had radiant silver gun, and D and D collection. I don't miss them. Iam thinking about selling my Dreamcast with the original Box and the 80 games I have for it for a PS3. I want to play Uncharted and Rachet and Clank.

Xdrive05

My6cats said:
I sold my saturn and 90 game, and made tons of money. That was with rare game: Panzer dragoon Saga, Shining Force 3, House of the Dead, Saturn Bomberman, Gaurdian Heroes, ALL the working Design games for the Saturn, Burning Rangers, Sonic jam, Christmas Nights, and all these games were the American games. I also had radiant silver gun, and D and D collection. I don't miss them. Iam thinking about selling my Dreamcast with the original Box and the 80 games I have for it for a PS3. I want to play Uncharted and Rachet and Clank.

Holy moley that's a lot of gems. But like you said, you don't miss them. I may think I'll miss mine but the truth is I haven't played them recreationally for a long time. I missed the Saturn movement all together. Never owned one, barely played one. I guess it's for the better.

RiZ III

Do you still have the N64 controllers and/or the sotc demo disc with easter eggs? Are the n64 controller(s) thumbsticks stiff or still smooth? I sent you a pm, not sure if it got through tho cause pms seem a bit broken right now.

ice cream

Banned
I want to sell my 360 premium. I have 3 wireless controllers (2 white 1 black) 3 games (Halo3, Pro evo 2007 and viva pinata), remote, and wireless mic. Plus all the cables and stuff that come with premium (apart from normal mic, but the wirless mic is better anyway).
I only ship to UK. I haven't put up, still not sure if I really want...
I want a PS3, so anybody want a swap?

koam

bjork said:
I sold a ton of stuff to people here, and with the exception of about four games, I don't miss any of it. Better to have it go to someone that's really going to enjoy it, than to sit on my shelf imo.

Your logic is flawed, you assume GAFFERs play games.

"I want to sell my 360 premium. I have 3 wireless controllers (2 white 1 black) 3 games (Halo3, Pro evo 2007 and viva pinata), remote, and wireless mic. Plus all the cables and stuff that come with premium (apart from normal mic, but the wirless mic is better anyway).
I only ship to UK. I haven't put up, still not sure if I really want...
I want a PS3, so anybody want a swap?"

Move it to the buy/trade/sell thread.

2DMention

Banned
I've sold about 1/3 of my collectionn the past 6 months, mostly on ebay.

Do a yearly audit of your gaming collection. Sell stuff you think you won't play. If you don't care how much you'll get for it, sell it on message boards, or if it's something rare, sell it on the boards. If it's common or not rare, generally people expect deals on message boards. I generally have bad luck selling things for market value on message boards.

Most of my sales have been on ebay. Sure, it's kind of a hassle - people may not pay you, you have to wait a week till the auction is up, and you have to pay fees, but more likely than not, you will get the current market value for just about any game. And you can always cover your fees by charging slightly more for shipping and handling.

And don't sell games in a lot on ebay. I've done that one 3 separate occassions, and I've been burned each time.

Edit: Shouldn't this be in the Buy/Sell/Trade thread?

Xdrive05

About the Buy/Sell/Trade thread, I think it got locked (judging from a quick forum search). Is there one I don't know about?

Xdrive05

Amir0x said:
Would you think of selling in bulk for a discount?

Like if I wanted your entire GCN game collection?

Yes. I have individual prices for each game, but if you'd buy in bulk I'd give you an overall discount.

Xdrive05

Amir0x said:
how's the condition, do you have pics?

Condition is really good on 'em. I can take a pic if you'd like. I'm selling Remake separately right now though.

Are you interested in the games or the hardware too?

Amir0x

Banned
dont need the hardware, no. would like pics, yes. It's ok, I think I can live without REmake - I own most of the games on the list as it is. This is a gift.

Xdrive05

Amir0x said:
dont need the hardware, no. would like pics, yes. It's ok, I think I can live without REmake - I own most of the games on the list as it is. This is a gift.

NP. Check this post for a while and I'll edit it as soon as I find my SD card reader and get these pictures up on tinypic.

EDIT: check next page

Top Bottom