• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bringing It House: The Official Thread Of The Microsoft GDC 2008 Keynote

Here it is, folks!

In a little over one hour, Microsoft will change the landscape of console gaming....forever.

No expectations are too high, no Blu-Ray disc drive specs are too outlandish. This is the moment we have all been waiting for, when John Schappert changes the way we all think about gaming. In other words...

2akbixc.jpg

Supposedly MSNBC Is Following Along (CHUCK TODD UNCONFIRMED)

Eurogamer's Always Spectacular LIVEBLOG

1UP 1UP 1UP 1UP 1UP 1UP 1UP 1UP 1UP IT'S THE 1UP LIVEBLOG.

MORE AS IT HAPPENS.

A PARADE OF MINITONS

- Gears Of War 2, November 2008, not 2009, confusing many who thought Microsoft had decided to not release any games in this calendar year

- Fable 2 will be supplemented by an XBLA game to be released BEFORE the retail edition that will allow you to raise money for your character in the ultimate release version

- GoFreak explains a new XNA Initiative:

gofreak said:
Here's what I could ascertain from the PR, in between all the mentions of democratisation, revolution etc. :p

Be able to try, rate (?) and share games created from the community.

To give an idea of the type of games the community can create, 7 games were announced that would be available from Xbox Live Marketplace.

Games are developed using XNA Game Studio, and through participation with XNA Creators Club, from which you'll be able to share your games with Xbox Live subscribers.

Beta testing will be in spring, and it should be ready by end of year.

Basically it's distribution of Creator Club games to the rest of the Live community, with a rating system.

- Ninja Gaiden 2 releasing globally in June 2008, shipping with SAVED FILMS.

PR:

Microsoft Provides Thrilling First Look at Xbox 360 Blockbuster Portfolio for 2008, Announces “Gears of War 2” Ships This November

The world’s hottest developers pave the way for a banner year with a blockbuster lineup that includes “Gears of War 2,” “Fable 2,” “Ninja Gaiden II” and a rich mix of indie Xbox LIVE Arcade titles.

Today at the Game Developers Conference (GDC) 2008, Microsoft Corp. provided an exciting glimpse at what promises to be another landmark year for games and online entertainment on the Xbox 360 platform and officially announced the launch of “Gears of War 2,” exclusively for Xbox 360 this November.

Providing a dramatic close to Microsoft’s GDC keynote address, Epic Games Inc.’s lead designer Cliff Bleszinski announced that the epic saga of Marcus Fenix and Delta Squad continues exclusively on the Xbox 360 this fall with “Gears of War 2.” This highly anticipated sequel to the 4.5 million-selling blockbuster “Gears of War” delves deeper into humanity’s struggle for survival against the nightmarish Locust Horde, and promises to take high-definition visuals to a whole new level.

In addition, acclaimed developer Peter Molyneux of Lionhead Studios took the stage to showcase exciting new multiplayer features for “Fable 2,” introducing dynamic cooperative play, a first to the franchise. Molyneux also announced that later this year, and before the launch of “Fable 2,” gamers can get a sneak peek at the game’s world when the “Fable 2” pub games debut as a stand-alone download on Xbox LIVE Arcade. When “Fable 2” launches, gamers will have the ability to transfer currency earned in the pub games directly to their character in “Fable 2.” This unique and first-of-its-kind experience, which can be found only on Xbox LIVE Arcade, will give the millions of “Fable” fans and gamers all around the globe the opportunity to jump into the “Fable 2” world with money already in the bank.

Tomonobu Itagaki also revealed new “Ninja Gaiden II” game-sharing features, including Ninja Cinema, which is enabled solely through Xbox LIVE, providing exciting and innovative entertainment experiences for the more than 10 million Xbox LIVE members worldwide by allowing players to record and upload their best ninja moves to Xbox LIVE.

“To our team the original game was just a tease, the appetizer to the ‘Gears of War’ characters and new style of gameplay. We were so amped to get to the next chapter, and dig deeper into the universe of this franchise,” said Cliff Bleszinski, lead designer for Epic Games. “‘Gears of War 2’ is an even bigger, better, and more badass experience than the first game, and we can’t wait to get it in the hands of eager gamers this November.”

This year, the most anticipated games will be found exclusively on Xbox 360, including the next chapters of top franchises such as “Gears of War,” “Fable” and “Ninja Gaiden,” as well as new titles such as “Too Human.”

· “Gears of War 2” (Epic Games). “Gears of War 2” is the sequel to the 4.5 million-selling blockbuster that redefined the third-person tactical action game genre. “Gears of War 2” continues the story of Marcus Fenix and Delta Squad in an epic saga of survival, loss and retribution. Developed by Epic Games exclusively for Xbox 360, “Gears of War 2” launches this November.
· “Fable 2” (Lionhead Studios). In addition to the dynamic co-op mode unveiled onstage, Peter Molyneux also announced that Carbonated Games is bringing the “Fable 2” experience to Xbox LIVE Arcade. Before the game’s launch, gamers will be able to get an early taste of the “Fable 2” experience and gain a head start on earning currency for use in “Fable 2” by playing “Fable 2”-themed pub games that will be downloadable via Xbox LIVE Arcade. The currency earned in these Xbox LIVE Arcade titles will enable players to purchase items in “Fable 2” when the game launches later this year.
· “Ninja Gaiden II” (TECMO/Team NINJA). Tomonobu Itagaki debuted several tantalizing new Xbox LIVE features of “Ninja Gaiden II,” including the ability to capture and share videos of a player’s glorious battles via the Ninja Cinema feature and upload them to Xbox LIVE. “Ninja Gaiden II” launches worldwide this June.
· “Too Human” (Silicon Knights). Microsoft also showcased the epic action game from renowned Canadian developer Silicon Knights, “Too Human,” at a media event before today’s keynote address. In “Too Human,” players are treated to a nonstop barrage of action powered by the seamless integration of melee and firearms combat, plus deep role-playing elements fueled by breathtaking visuals enabled by the power of Xbox 360.

With online multiplayer gameplay, downloadable content and ways to stay in contact with a global community, these forthcoming blockbusters harness the power of Xbox LIVE to create truly innovative and exciting entertainment experiences. Each game also comes packed with Achievements, so Xbox LIVE members can help add to the more than 1 billion Achievements already unlocked on the service to date. And, as with the “Fable 2” pub games, downloadable content in Xbox LIVE Marketplace allows gamers the opportunity to customize and enhance their gameplay experiences. Since the service launched, Microsoft has seen more than $250 million in digital revenue from Xbox LIVE Marketplace through the purchase of more than 20 billion Microsoft Points.

Xbox LIVE members have been using a large portion of those Microsoft Points in Xbox LIVE Arcade, which is the premier destination for digitally distributed, high-definition original and classic games. With over 116 games to choose from on Xbox LIVE Arcade, everyone’s invited to get instantly immersed in the fun. Xbox LIVE Arcade is also home to the world’s most innovative independent developers, with more than 25 independent studios serving as the creative fuel behind the original games that represent more than a quarter of the Xbox LIVE Arcade library. The following titles represent a sample of games launching on Xbox LIVE Arcade in the near future from the world’s leading independent developers:

· “Braid” (Number None Inc.). Developed by Independent Games Festival Winner and experimental game designer Jonathan Blow, “Braid” is a platform experience that bends all the rules with the manipulation of time. “Braid” will launch this spring.
· “Castle Crashers” (The Behemoth). “Castle Crashers” is the second title currently in development by award-winning independent developer The Behemoth, creator of “Alien Hominid HD.” The role-playing game (RPG) adventure will let up to four players hack, slash and smash their way together through a visually stunning hand-drawn landscape. “Castle Crashes” launches this summer.
· “Defense Grid: The Awakening” (Hidden Path Entertainment LLC). “Defense Grid: The Awakening” is the definitive tower defense game experience designed specifically for Xbox LIVE Arcade and launches this summer.
· “Go! Go! Break Steady” (Little Boy Games). An Xbox LIVE Arcade exclusive, “Go! Go! Break Steady” is the debut title from independent developer Little Boy Games. The combination music and puzzle game combines break dancing with novel gameplay and launches this summer.
· “Penny Arcade Adventures: On the Rain-Slick Precipice of Darkness” (Hothead Games). The first video game collaboration between Penny Arcade creators Mike “Gabe” Krahulik and Jerry “Tycho” Holkins and legendary game designer Ron Gilbert, “Penny Arcade Adventures” is an RPG-adventure game set in a highly stylized 1920s universe filled with bizarre characters, outrageous combat and adult humor. The first episode of the game launches this summer.

pswii60

Stand by for the most overhyped keynote of all time. (Overhyped by GAFers, that is).

Can't wait for the EuroGamer livetext, they always put funny crazy shit in there for a laugh.

pswii60 said:
Stand by for the most overhyped keynote of all time. (Overhyped by GAFers, that is).

Can't wait for the EuroGamer livetext, they always put funny crazy shit in there for a laugh.

I never overhype anything, sir.

Spider_Jerusalem said:
I already have the PR, in italian. Interested? :D

(just wait that I shit-translate it in babelfish)

....yes.

Well, I'm lazy. First in italian.

About the community developments:

Xbox 360 è la prima console a invitare gli sviluppatori di tutto il mondo a creare giochi originali e condividerli online con milioni di persone

I giochi creati dalla comunità raddoppieranno le dimensioni
del catalogo di titoli

SAN FRANCISCO, 20 febbraio 2008 – Attraverso un annuncio nel corso dell’intervento all’evento annuale GDC (Game Developers Conference), Microsoft Corporation ha promesso che presto gli abbonati a Xbox LIVE potranno provare, valutare e condividere giochi creati dalla comunità. Dopo essere stata la prima a livello di settore a introdurre giochi online ad alta velocità e giochi ad alta definizione, Xbox 360 ancora una volta guida la strada dell’innovazione introducendo un nuovo servizio di distribuzione aperto per i giochi creati dalla community, che presto potranno essere provati dai 10 milioni di abbonati a Xbox LIVE. I videogame sviluppati dagli utenti e disponibili in Xbox LIVE raddoppieranno presto le dimensioni del catalogo di titoli per Xbox 360. Entro la fine del 2008, gli appassionati di Xbox 360 accederanno a oltre 1000 giochi, attraverso il catalogo più grande, creativo e diversificato offerto da qualsiasi piattaforma di nuova generazione.
“È arrivato il momento che il settore dei giochi apra le porte a tutti gli sviluppatori, consentendo a chiunque di condividere le proprie creazioni con il mondo”, ha dichiarato John Schappert, Corporate Vice President of LIVE, Software and Services della divisione Interactive Entertainment Business di Microsoft. “Il nostro obiettivo è dare il via a una rivoluzione creativa e sociale nei giochi con lo stesso potere di trasformazione che abbiamo potuto vedere nel mondo della musica digitale e dei video.”
Tutti sono invitati a condividere i propri giochi con milioni di altre persone.
Per dare un’idea del potenziale futuro dei giochi creati dalla comunità per Xbox 360, Chris Satchell, General Manager e Chief XNA Architect di Microsoft, ha annunciato che sette giochi creati utilizzando XNA Game Studio 2.0 saranno disponibili per gli utenti di Xbox 360, che potranno eseguirne il download da Xbox LIVE Marketplace:
• “JellyCar”. Creato dalla software house statunitense Walaber, questo titolo mette il giocatore alla guida di un’auto di gelatina attraverso buffi mondi gommosi, nel tentativo di raggiungere l’uscita.
• “Little Gamers”. Questo gioco d’azione 2D ad alta definizione è basato sul celebre fumetto Web “Little Gamers” creato da Loïc Dansart, uno sviluppatore di software ventiquattrenne originario del Belgio.
• “The Dishwasher: Dead Samurai”. Un intenso gioco di azione e di piattaforma 2D creato dallo statunitense James Silva, “Dishwasher” ha un look unico e altamente stilizzato, insieme a un’azione rapida e fluida.
• “TriLinea”. Questo puzzle game creato dai brasiliani Edison S. Prata Jr., Renato Pelizzari da Silva e Davi da Silva Prata unisce un’azione frenetica alla strategia.
• “RocketBall”. Sviluppato dagli statunitensi Tyler Wanlass, Patrick Murty e Todd Barrons, questo gioco regala l’emozione di una partita a dodgeball per strada con un’azione multiplayer mozzafiato.
• “ProximityHD”. Questo titolo, nato dallo statunitense Brian Cable, prende l’essenza dei giochi di strategia (combattere per il controllo di territori ed eserciti) e la distilla fino a ottenere un semplice set di regole per i giocatori occasionali.
• “Culture”. Ideato dall’azienda indipendente di sviluppo Hidden Path Entertainment, con sede negli Stati Uniti, “Culture” contiene appassionanti giochi e rompicapo basati su splendidi fiori.
I giochi per Xbox 360 sviluppati utilizzando il software XNA Game Studio di Microsoft e la partecipazione all’XNA Creators Club potranno essere inviati per la distribuzione tramite Xbox LIVE. Ogni gioco creato dalla comunità dovrà essere sottoposto a un approfondito processo di revisione da parte degli utenti e verrà valutato in base alla precisione nella rappresentazione e all’appropriatezza. Gli sviluppatori di giochi potranno sperimentare il processo in fase di beta testing questa primavera e distribuire i propri giochi su Xbox LIVE entro la fine dell’anno.

About the games library:

Microsoft presenta in anteprima i giochi
per Xbox 360 in arrivo nel 2008 e annuncia il lancio di “Gears of War 2” per il prossimo novembre

Gli sviluppatori più importanti al mondo preparano la strada per un anno eccezionale, ricco di titoli di primo piano come “Gears of War 2”, “Fable 2”, “Ninja Gaiden II” e numerosi giochi disponibili su Xbox LIVE Arcade

SAN FRANCISCO, 20 febbraio 2008 - Oggi nel corso della Game Developers Conference (GDC) 2008, Microsoft Corporation ha presentato in anteprima le novità di quello che promette di essere un altro anno entusiasmante per i giochi e l’intrattenimento online sulla piattaforma Xbox 360 e ha annunciato ufficialmente il lancio di “Gears of War 2”, disponibile in esclusiva per Xbox 360 dal prossimo novembre.
In conclusione dell’intervento di Microsoft alla GDC, Cliff Bleszinski, Lead Designer di Epic Games Inc., ha annunciato che l’epica saga di Marcus Fenix e della Squadra Delta continuerà in esclusiva per Xbox 360 questo autunno con “Gears of War 2”. Questo sequel molto atteso del campione di incassi “Gears of War”, con 4,5 milioni di copie vendute, esplora ancora più a fondo la lotta dell’umanità contro la terrificante Orda di Locuste e promette di portare la grafica ad alta definizione a un livello senza precedenti.
Inoltre, Peter Molyneux, il celebre sviluppatore di Lionhead Studios, è salito sul palco per presentare le nuove, entusiasmanti funzionalità multiplayer di “Fable 2”, che per la prima volta nella serie introduce la modalità di gioco in cooperazione. Molyneux ha anche annunciato che nel corso dell’anno, prima del lancio di “Fable 2”, i giocatori potranno avere un’anteprima del mondo del gioco quando i giochi da taverna debutteranno come download standalone in Xbox LIVE Arcade. Al momento del lancio, i giocatori avranno la possibilità di trasferire il denaro guadagnato in questi giochi direttamente al proprio personaggio di “Fable 2”. Questa esperienza unica nel suo genere, resa possibile solo da Xbox LIVE Arcade, offrirà a milioni di appassionati di “Fable” l’opportunità di entrare nel mondo di “Fable 2” disponendo già di una certa somma di denaro.
Tomonobu Itagaki ha anche rivelato le nuove funzionalità di condivisione offerte da “Ninja Gaiden II”, tra cui Ninja Cinema, reso possibile esclusivamente da Xbox LIVE, che offre esperienze di intrattenimento entusiasmanti e innovative per gli oltre 10 milioni di abbonati a Xbox LIVE di tutto il mondo, consentendo ai giocatori di registrare e caricare le proprie mosse ninja migliori su Xbox LIVE.
“Per il nostro team il gioco originale era solo un assaggio dei nuovi personaggi e della nuova esperienza di gioco di Gears of War. Eravamo entusiasti all’idea di realizzare il seguito e di scendere ancora più a fondo nell’universo di questa serie”, ha dichiarato Cliff Bleszinski, Lead Designer di Epic Games. “Gears of War 2 offre un’esperienza ancora più avanzata e coinvolgente del primo capitolo del gioco e non vediamo l’ora di renderlo disponibile per gli appassionati il prossimo novembre.”
Quest’anno, i giochi più attesi saranno disponibili esclusivamente per Xbox 360, inclusi i nuovi capitoli di serie di punta come “Gears of War”, “Fable” e “Ninja Gaiden”, oltre a nuovi titoli come “Too Human”.
• “Gears of War 2” (Epic Games). “Gears of War 2” è il sequel del campione di incassi, con 4,5 milioni di copie vendute, che ha ridefinito il genere dei giochi d’azione tattici in terza persona. “Gears of War 2” continua la storia di Marcus Fenix e della Squadra Delta in un’epica saga di sopravvivenza, sconfitta e castigo. Sviluppato da Epic Games in esclusiva per Xbox 360, “Gears of War 2” sarà disponibile dal prossimo novembre.
• “Fable 2” (Lionhead Studios). In aggiunta alla dinamica modalità cooperativa presentata oggi, Peter Molyneux ha anche annunciato che Carbonated Games porterà l’esperienza di “Fable 2” su Xbox LIVE Arcade. Prima del lancio del gioco, i giocatori potranno vivere in anteprima l’esperienza di “Fable 2” e iniziare a guadagnare denaro da utilizzare in “Fable 2” cimentandosi nei giochi da taverna in stile “Fable 2” scaricabili da Xbox LIVE Arcade. Il denaro guadagnato in questi titoli di Xbox LIVE Arcade consentirà ai giocatori di acquistare oggetti in “Fable 2” dopo il rilascio del gioco.
• “Ninja Gaiden II” (TECMO/Team NINJA). Tomonobu Itagaki ha presentato diverse nuove caratteristiche per Xbox LIVE di “Ninja Gaiden II”, tra cui la possibilità di acquisire e condividere video dei combattimenti dei giocatori tramite la funzionalità Ninja Cinema e caricarli in Xbox LIVE. “Ninja Gaiden II” verrà lanciato a livello mondiale il prossimo giugno.
• “Too Human” (Silicon Knights). Microsoft ha anche presentato “Too Human”, l’epico gioco d’azione del celebre sviluppatore canadese Silicon Knights, in un evento per i media organizzato prima dell’intervento di oggi. In “Too Human” i giocatori sono chiamati a vivere un’esperienza di azione senza confronti, resa frenetica dalla completa integrazione di combattimento corpo-a-corpo e con armi da fuoco, insieme a elementi di gioco di ruolo e una grafica eccezionale ottenuta grazie alla potenza di Xbox 360.
Con le modalità di gioco multiplayer online, i contenuti scaricabili e i sistemi per restare in contatto con altri giocatori di tutto il mondo, questi titoli di sicuro successo sfruttano tutta la potenza di Xbox LIVE per creare esperienze di intrattenimento realmente entusiasmanti e innovative. Ogni gioco, inoltre, include funzionalità per gli obiettivi, che consentiranno agli abbonati a Xbox LIVE di contribuire agli oltre un miliardo di obiettivi finora disponibili sul servizio. Inoltre, come nel caso dei giochi da taverna di “Fable 2”, i contenuti scaricabili di Xbox LIVE Marketplace offriranno ai giocatori la possibilità di personalizzare e migliorare le loro esperienze di gioco. Dal lancio del servizio, Microsoft ha ottenuto oltre 250 milioni di dollari di entrate da Xbox LIVE Marketplace, grazie all’acquisto di più di 20 miliardi di Microsoft Points.
Gli abbonati a Xbox LIVE hanno utilizzato buona parte di questi Microsoft Points in Xbox LIVE Arcade, che rappresenta la principale destinazione per i giochi classici e originali ad alta definizione distribuiti in modo digitale. Con più di 116 giochi tra cui scegliere in Xbox LIVE Arcade, tutti possono iniziare immediatamente a divertirsi. Xbox LIVE Arcade è anche uno spazio per gli sviluppatori indipendenti più innovativi del mondo, con oltre 25 studios impegnati nella creazione dei giochi originali che rappresentano più di un quarto del catalogo di Xbox LIVE Arcade. I titoli descritti di seguito sono solo alcuni esempi dei giochi che saranno resi disponibili prossimamente in Xbox LIVE Arcade dai più importanti sviluppatori indipendenti:
• “Braid” (Number None Inc.). Sviluppato da Jonathan Blow, vincitore dell’Independent Games Festival e progettista di giochi sperimentali, “Braid” è un gioco di piattaforma che cambia tutte le regole grazie alla manipolazione del tempo. “Braid” sarà disponibile dalla primavera.
• “Castle Crashers” (The Behemoth). “Castle Crashers” è il secondo titolo in fase di sviluppo dal pluripremiato sviluppatore indipendente The Behemoth, creatore di “Alien Hominid HD”. In questa avventura RPG (Role-Playing Game), fino a quattro giocatori possono combattere senza tregua per aprirsi la propria strada all’interno di un paesaggio dalla grafica eccezionale e disegnato a mano. “Castle Crashes” sarà disponibile dall’estate.
• “Defense Grid: The Awakening” (Hidden Path Entertainment LLC). “Defense Grid: The Awakening” è il gioco di difesa definitivo progettato specificamente per Xbox LIVE Arcade e sarà disponibile dall’estate.
• “Go! Go! Break Steady” (Little Boy Games). Disponibile in esclusiva per Xbox LIVE Arcade, “Go! Go! Break Steady” è il titolo di debutto realizzato dallo sviluppatore indipendente Little Boy Games. Questo gioco musicale e di tipo puzzle unisce la breakdance con un’innovativa esperienza di gioco e sarà disponibile dall’estate.
• “Penny Arcade Adventures: On the Rain-Slick Precipice of Darkness” (Hothead Games). La prima collaborazione a un videogioco tra i creatori di Penny Arcade, Mike “Gabe” Krahulik e Jerry “Tycho” Holkins, e il leggendario progettista di giochi Ron Gilbert, “Penny Arcade Adventures” è un gioco di avventura RPG ambientato in un universo degli Anni Venti altamente stilizzato e pieno di bizzarri personaggi, furiosi combattimenti e umorismo per adulti. Il primo episodio del gioco sarà disponibile dall’estate.

tanod said:
Nice thread title BB. :D

It took me a while, and there was a very limited amount of space, and then it came to me like a blast of radiant light.

My Streak Of Thread Title Perfection Remains...UNBROKEN.

This keynote will have live anywhere, casual games for XBLA and Maybe a ten second CG trailer for Gears 2. Let the crying commence. :lol

Hope they announce Resident Evil 5!

Is any of the Bringing it Home content up? Haven't they put stuff up there during a keynote before?

Not that I'm expecting anything...

dTau

Banned
pswii60 said:

You couldn't be more wrong..

Alan Wake released tomorrow
Gears 2 released tomorrow
Too Human released tomorrow
Banjo 3 released tomorrow
MS buys Square-Enix
MS buys Capcom
MS buys Nintendo

all but confirmed!

First translated PR (I warn you, this will hurt)

Xbox 360 is the first consul to invite the sviluppatori of all the world to create games originates them and to share them online with million persons The games created from the community will double the dimensions of the catalogue of tito them SAINT FRANCISCO, 20 February 2008 - Through an announcement in the course of the participation to the event anniversary GDC (Game Developers Conference), Microsoft Corporation has promised that soon it makes a subscriber to you to Xbox LIVE will be able to try, to estimate and to share games created from the community. After to have been before to level of field to introduce games online to high speed and games to high definition, Xbox 360 once again guides the road of the innovation introducing a new service of open distribution for the games created from the community, than soon they could be tries to you from 10 million makes a subscriber to Xbox LIVE. The videogame it develops to you from the customers and available in Xbox LIVE the dimensions of the catalogue of tito them for Xbox 360 will double soon. Within the end of 2008, it gets passionate to it to you of Xbox 360 will approach beyond 1000 you play, through the larger catalogue, creative and diversified offered from whichever platform of new generation. "the moment has arrived that the field of the games opens the doors to all the sviluppatori, concurring with anyone to share the own creations with the world", it has declared John Schappert, Corporate Vice President of LIVE, Software and Services of the division Interactive Entertainment Business di Microsoft. "our objective is debit the way to a creative and social revolution in the games with the same power of transformation that we have been able to see in the world of digital music them and of the video." All are invite to you to share the own games with million other persons. For giving an idea of it upgrades them future of the games created from the community for Xbox 360, Chris Satchell, General Manager and Chief XNA Architect di Microsoft, has announced that seven you play created using XNA Game Study 2,0 will be available for the customers of Xbox 360, that they will be able to execute of the download from Xbox LIVE Marketplace: "JellyCar". Created from the software house American Walaber, this title puts it the player to the guide of a gelatin car through funny gommosi worlds, in the attempt to catch up the escape. "Little Gamers". This game of action 2D to high definition is based on celebre the comic strip Web "Little created Gamers" from Loïc Dansart, one sviluppatore of original software ventiquattrenne of Belgium. "The Dishwasher: Dead Samurai ". An intense game of action and created platform 2D from the American James Silva, "Dishwasher" has a look only and highly stilizzato, with to a fast and fluid action? "TriLinea". This puzzle game created from the Brazilians Edison S. Prata Jr., Renato Pelizzari from Silva and Give you from Silva Prata join a phrenetic action to the strategy? "RocketBall". Developed from the Americans Tyler Wanlass, Patrick Murty and Todd Barrons, this game gives the emotion of one left to dodgeball for road with a mozzafiato action multiplayer. "ProximityHD". This title it, been born from the American Brian Cable, takes the essence of the strategy games (to fight for the control of territories and exercises) and it distills until obtaining it a simple set of rules for the occasional players? "Cultures". Devised from the independent company of development Hidden Path Entertainment, with center in the United States, "Cultures" it contains exciting you play and rompicapo it bases to you on splendid flowers. The games for Xbox 360 develop to you using software XNA Game Study of Microsoft and the participation to the XNA Creators Club could be sendes you for the distribution through Xbox LIVE. Every created game the community will have to be subordinate to a deepened process of review from part of the customers and will come estimated based on the precision in the rappresentazione and to the appropriatness. The sviluppatori of games will be able to experience the process in phase of beta testing this spring and to distribute the own games on Xbox LIVE within the end of the year.

Spider_Jerusalem said:
Well, I'm lazy. First in italian.

About the community developments:

About the games library:

"What da FUCK?"
- Anonymous Onlooker
Die Hard With A Vengeance

Seriously, all I got was...

GEARS OF WAR 2: NOVEMBER.

Second translated PR:

Microsoft introduces in preview the games for Xbox 360 in arrival in 2008 and announces the launch of "Gears of War 2" for the next November The more important sviluppatori to the world prepare the road for an exceptional, rich year of tito them of Association of Bologna like "Gears of War 2", "Fable 2", "Ninja Gaiden II" and numerous games available on Xbox LIVE Arcade SAINT FRANCISCO, 20 February 2008 - Today in the course of the Game Developers Conference (GDC) 2008, Microsoft Corporation has introduced in preview the innovationes of what it promises to be an other entusiasmante year for the games and the entertainment online on the platform Xbox 360 and has officially announced the launch of "Gears of War 2", available in exclusive right for Xbox 360 from the next November. In conclusion of the participation of Microsoft to the GDC, Cliff Bleszinski, Lead Designer di Epic Games Inc., have announced that the epica saga of Marcus Fenix and the Square Delta will continue in exclusive right for 360 Xbox this autumn with "Gears of War 2". This sequel much attending of the champion of proceeds "Gears of War", with 4,5 million copies sold, still more explores to bottom the fight of the humanity against the terrifying Orda di Locuste and promises to carry the diagram to high definition to a level without previous. Moreover, Peter Molyneux, the celebre sviluppatore of Lionhead Studios, is salted on the theater box in order to introduce the new, entusiasmanti functionality multiplayer of "Fable 2", than for before the time in the series he introduces the modality of game in cooperation. Molyneux also has announced that in the course of the year, before the launch of "Fable 2", the players will be able to have a preview of the world of the game when the games from taverna to make one's debut like download standalone in Xbox LIVE Arcade. At the moment of the launch, the players will have the possibility to directly transfer the money earned in these games to just the personage of "Fable 2". This only experience in its kind, possible yield only from Xbox LIVE Arcade, will offer to million gets passionate you of "Fable" the opportunity to enter in the world of "Fable 2" already having one sure sum of money. Tomonobu Itagaki has also revealed new functionality of sharing offered from "Ninja Gaiden II", between which Ninja Cinema, rendered possible exclusively from Xbox LIVE, that it offers entusiasmanti experiences of entertainment and innovative for beyond 10 million makes a subscriber to Xbox LIVE of all the world, concurring with the players to record and to load the own better movements ninja on Xbox LIVE. "For our team the game originates them was only an assay of the new personages and of the new experience of game of Gears of War. We were enthusiastic to the idea to realize the continuation and to come down still more to bottom in the universe of this series", has declared Cliff Bleszinski, Lead Designer di Epic Games. "Gears of War 2 still more offers a advanced experience and being involved of the first one understood it of the game and we do not see the hour to make available it for it gets passionate the next November to you." This year, the attended games more will be available exclusively for Xbox 360, included the new ones understood them of tip series as "Gears of War", "Fable" and "Ninja Gaiden", beyond to new tito them as "Too Human". "Gears of War 2" (Epic Games). "Gears of War 2" is the sequel of the champion of proceeds, with 4,5 million copies sold, that it has redefined the kind of the tactical games of action in third person. "Gears of War 2" continues the history of Marcus Fenix and the Square Delta in a epica saga of survival, defeat and punishment. Developed from Epic Games in exclusive right for Xbox 360, "Gears of War 2" will be available from the next November? "Fable 2" (Lionhead Studios). In adding to the dynamics modality introduced cooperative today, Peter Molyneux also has announced that Carbonated Games will carry the experience of "Fable 2" on Xbox LIVE Arcade. Before the launch of the game, the players will be able living in preview the experience of "Fable 2" and to begin to earn money to use in "Fable 2" attempting in the games from taverna in releasable style "Fable 2" from Xbox LIVE Arcade. The money earned in these titles them of Xbox LIVE Arcade will concur with the players to acquire objects in "Fable 2" after the release of the game? "Ninja Gaiden II" (TECMO/Team NINJA). Tomonobu Itagaki has introduced various characteristic new for Xbox LIVE of "Ninja Gaiden II", between which the possibility to acquire and to share video of the combats of the players through the Ninja functionality Cinema and to load them in Xbox LIVE. "Ninja Gaiden II" will come launch to world-wide level the next june? "Too Human" (Silicon Knights). Microsoft also has introduced "Too Human", the epico game of action of celebre the sviluppatore Canadian Silicon Knights, in an event for the average organized before the participation today. In "Too Human" the players are call to living a experience to you of action without comparisons, phrenetic yield from complete integration of combat body-to-body and with crews from fire, with to elements of game of role and one graphical exceptional obtained thanks to the power of Xbox 360. With the game modalities multiplayer online, the releasable contents and the systems in order to remain in contact with other players of all the world, these titles them of sure happening take advantage of all the power of Xbox LIVE in order to create entusiasmanti and really innovative experiences of entertainment. Every game, moreover, includes functionality for objects it to you, that they will concur with makes a subscriber to Xbox LIVE to contribute to beyond a billion of objects to you up to now available on the service. Moreover, as in the case of the games from taverna of "Fable 2", the releasable contents of Xbox LIVE Marketplace will offer to the players the possibility to personalize and to improve their experiences of game. From the launch of the service, Microsoft has obtained beyond 250 million dollars of entrances from Xbox LIVE Marketplace, thanks to the purchase more than 20 billions than Microsoft Points. It makes a subscriber to Xbox LIVE have used good part of this Microsoft Points in Xbox LIVE Arcade, that it represents the main destination for the games classics and originates them to high definition distributed in digital way them. With more than 116 you play between which choosing in Xbox LIVE Arcade, all can begin immediately to amuse themselves. Xbox LIVE Arcade is also a space for the independent sviluppatori more innovated you of the world, with beyond 25 studios engages to you in the creation of the games originates them that they represent more than a quarter of the catalogue of Xbox LIVE Arcade. The continuation titles described them are only some examples of the games that will be made available next in Xbox LIVE Arcade from the more independent sviluppatori important: "Braid" (Number Ninth Inc.). Developed from Jonathan Blow, winner of the Independent Games Festival and planner of games it experiences them, "Braid" is a platform game that changes to all the rules thanks to the manipulation of the time. "Braid" will be available from the spring? "Castle Crashers" (The Behemoth). "Castle Crashers" according to is tito it in phase of pluripremiato development from sviluppatore the independent The Behemoth, creator of "Alien Hominid HD". In this adventure RPG (Role-Playing Game), until four players they can fight without stopping in order to open the own road to the inside of a landscape from the exceptional and designed diagram by hand. "Castle Crashes" will be available from the summer? "Defense Grid: The Awakening "(Hidden Path Entertainment LLC). "Defense Grid: The Awakening "is the definitive game of defense planned specifically for Xbox LIVE Arcade and will be available from the summer? "Go! Go! Break Steady "(Little Boy Games). Available in exclusive right for Xbox LIVE Arcade, "Go! Go! Break Steady "is the title it of debut realized from the independent sviluppatore Little Boy Games. This musical game and of type puzzle joins the breakdance with an innovative experience of game and will be available from the summer? "Penny Arcade Adventures: On the Rain-Slick Precipice of Darkness "(Hothead Games). The first collaboration to a video game between the creators of Penny Arcade, Mike "Gabe" Krahulik and Jerry "Tycho" Holkins, and the leggendario planner of Ron games Gilbert, "Penny Arcade Adventures" is a game of adventure RPG acclimatized in a universe of Years Twenty stilizzato and highly full of bizzarri personages, furious combats and humour for adults. The first episode of the game will be available from the summer.

Enjoy digging in this sea of words :lol

JimiNutz

Banned
I hope the Gears of War 2 trailer isn't as boring as the Halo 3 announcement trailer.

Gears of War 2 'promises to carry the diagram to high definition to a level without previous.'

SOLD! Day one purchace

Also I hope they announce that Crush is coming to XBLA because I don't want to buy a PSP.

gofreak said:
So the big announcements seem to be Gears 2 and XNA-Arcade by years end?
Yes. From the PR it seems that the XNA games will be now available to everyone, not only the Creators Club users. The wording is not clear, but it seems so.

Edit: GOW 2 on november

Rodeo Clown

All aboard! The Love train!
In aggiunta alla dinamica modalità cooperativa presentata oggi, Peter Molyneux ha anche annunciato che Carbonated Games porterà l’esperienza di “Fable 2” su Xbox LIVE Arcade

What does this mean in English?

Xater

And Penny Arcade Adventure apparantly on XBLA. (Summer)

YAY Gears 2 but it's not really a suprise is it? Only thing that's cool is that it's this november. :D

Ghost

Chili Con Carnage!
gofreak said:
So the big announcements seem to be Gears 2 and XNA-Arcade by years end?

Seems like. That Rare employee in the Banjo thread better get his running shoes on.

gofreak

GAF's Bob Woodward
Spider_Jerusalem said:
Yes. From the PR it seems that the XNA games will be now available to everyone, not only the Creators Club users. The wording is not clear, but it seems so.

Edit: GOW 2 on november

Any more PR? Anything on Live Anywhere?

Moostache

Oh sweet! The Dishwasher : Dead Samurai!!!!

Day One confirmed....greatest game ever....bets press conference keynote ever....woooooohoooooooo!!!

Oh, wait a minute....that doesn't mean that I can quit my job as a dishwasher to become a Samurai???? DAMMIT!!!!

"Fable 2" (Lionhead Studios). In adding to the dynamics modality introduced cooperative today, Peter Molyneux also has announced that Carbonated Games will carry the experience of "Fable 2" on Xbox LIVE Arcade. Before the launch of the game, the players will be able living in preview the experience of "Fable 2" and to begin to earn money to use in "Fable 2" attempting in the games from taverna in releasable style "Fable 2" from Xbox LIVE Arcade. The money earned in these titles them of Xbox LIVE Arcade will concur with the players to acquire objects in "Fable 2" after the release of the game?

CoLaN

Rodeo Clown said:
What does this mean in English?

In aggiunta alla dinamica modalità cooperativa presentata oggi, Peter Molyneux ha anche annunciato che Carbonated Games porterà l’esperienza di “Fable 2” su Xbox LIVE Arcade

Other than the dinamic cooperative mode showed today, Peter Molyneux announced that Carbonated Games will carry Fable 2 experience to Xbox LIVE Arcade.

gofreak said:
Any more PR? Anything on Live Anywhere?
Nothing about it... It's funny that probably our italian representatives were in hurry to go home (it's time to go off work now), and released the PR before the due time :lol

JimiNutz

Banned
dTau said:
If we get Gears 2 gameplay (screens or trailer) it's not a total waste I guess.

I've got a funny feeling that it'll just be a pre-rendered trailer like the Halo 3 announcement one.

Top Bottom