• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bringing It House: The Official Thread Of The Microsoft GDC 2008 Keynote

tanod

when is my burrito
From that PR:

Ninja Gaiden 2 releasing world-wide in June with saved films.

Some facet of Fable 2 is coming out via XBOX live before the release of the final game where you can make money (?) or something like that.

Dever

Banned
So no news on what features Gears 2 will have? Well that doesn't help much since we all knew it was coming anyways.

gofreak

GAF's Bob Woodward
Spider_Jerusalem said:
Nothing about it... It's funny that probably our italian representatives were in hurry to go home (it's time to go off work now), and released the PR before the due time :lol

Haha. Well thanks for posting it. My expectation is slightly deflated, thought we'd get to a conference without any leaks for once (!), but at least we've Gears2 media to hopefully look forward to.

Xater

Dever said:
So no news on what features Gears 2 will have? Well that doesn't help much since we all knew it was coming anyways.

I would expect them to hold alot of stuff back until E3. I mean MS needs something to show off.

gofreak said:
That sort of sounds like the casual gateway to home games that dude talked about..without the mobile platform...
Could be..

Would be interesting to see if I make tons of money before I start playing Fable 2 how much that would impact gameplay. Too early to guess anything right now.

dork

Banned
any gears trailer is a good trailer, who cares what it shows. at least we know its coming

in before all the exclusive talks

gofreak

GAF's Bob Woodward
BenjaminBirdie said:
OP updated.

You forgot also the opening of Live to more XNA created games, open distribution of user created games. I don't know if they're giving that an official name..XNA-Arcade/tube/ware/whatever..

tanod said:
Don't forget:
Ninja Gaiden 2 releasing world-wide in June with saved films.

Done.

A fine parade of mini-tons.

gofreak said:
You forgot also the opening of Live to more XNA created games, open distribution of user created games. I don't know if they're giving that an official name..XNA-Arcade/tube/ware/whatever..

Waiting for a more specific confirmation/explanation of that.

Dunlop

dTau said:
You couldn't be more wrong..

Alan Wake released tomorrow
Gears 2 released tomorrow
Too Human released tomorrow
Banjo 3 released tomorrow
MS buys Square-Enix
MS buys Capcom
MS buys Nintendo

all but confirmed!

Sony buys MS

All hail our new PS3 overlords!!

Xater

gofreak said:
Shane Kim said it would be a holiday title, it's a shame we're not seeing it today seemingly. I guess E3?

If they would show of Banjo today there was nothing new to show at E3 I would assume. (by new I mean something we have not seen yet, we have already seen SOMETHING from Alan Wake for example)

Xater said:
If they would show of Banjo today there was nothing new to show at E3 I would assume. (by new I mean something we have not seen yet, we have already seen SOMETHING from Alan Wake for example)
This. There are no more games coming out this year.

KingJ2002

Prediction: Microsoft announces Gears Of War 2 (Confirmed)

Expectation: Crytek unveils CryEngine on consoles and developers want to use the engine to get away from the pitfalls of ue3. (Still Working On It)

Hope: Sony announces many PSN enhancements (in game xmb, home, ps store, etc) (Come On Sony)

Xater

Buttonbasher said:
This. There are no more games coming out this year.

That's not what I was saying. I was only talking about MS titles. And we pretty much know about Too Human, Ninja Gaiden, Fable 2 and Alan Wake. Although I would doubt Fable 2 will be an 08 game.

Mindlog

Prediction: No Gears of War 2.

Megaton: Gears of Four.

That's right, MS skips two generations because the game is holographic and eschews typical controls. Biometric feedback including sweat, tension, and pheromones are taken into account when directing your own personalized 4D historical action crab experience.

gofreak

GAF's Bob Woodward
BenjaminBirdie said:
Waiting for a more specific confirmation/explanation of that.

Here's what I could ascertain from the PR, in between all the mentions of democratisation, revolution etc. :p

Be able to try, rate (?) and share games created from the community.

To give an idea of the type of games the community can create, 7 games were announced that would be available from Xbox Live Marketplace.

Games are developed using XNA Game Studio, and through participation with XNA Creators Club, from which you'll be able to share your games with Xbox Live subscribers.

Beta testing will be in spring, and it should be ready by end of year.

Basically it's distribution of Creator Club games to the rest of the Live community, with a rating system.

Xater said:
That's not what I was saying. I was only talking about MS titles. And we pretty much know about Too Human, Ninja Gaiden, Fable 2 and Alan Wake. Although I would doubt Fable 2 will be an 08 game.
Still, do you really think they would show all their cards for the year this early? It's February, and we've known of all of those games for a while now. I doubt their the only first party titles this year.

Call me Crazy.

gofreak said:
Here's what I could ascertain from the PR, in between all the mentions of democratisation, revolution etc. :p

Be able to try, rate (?) and share games created from the community.

To give an idea of the type of games the community can create, 7 games were announced that would be available from Xbox Live Marketplace.

Games are developed using XNA Game Studio, and through participation with XNA Creators Club, from which you'll be able to share your games with Xbox Live subscribers.

Beta testing will be in spring, and it should be ready by end of year.

Basically it's distribution of Creator Club games to the rest of the Live community, with a rating system.

:lol

I'm just going to quote this and put it in the OP for now. Thanks.

:D

BenjaminBirdie said:
]
2akbixc.jpg
SoilSampler.jpg

:D

AppleMIX

Xater said:

So there are still third-party games that have yet to be discovered, oh yay! :D

In "Too Human" the players are call to living a experience to you of action without comparisons, phrenetic yield from complete integration of combat body-to-body and with crews from fire, with to elements of game of role and one graphical exceptional obtained thanks to the power of Xbox 360. With the game modalities multiplayer online, the releasable contents and the systems in order to remain in contact with other players of all the world, these titles them of sure happening take advantage of all the power of Xbox LIVE in order to create entusiasmanti and really innovative experiences of entertainment. Every game, moreover, includes functionality for objects it to you, that they will concur with makes a subscriber to Xbox LIVE to contribute to beyond a billion of objects to you up to now available on the service. Moreover, as in the case of the games from taverna of "Fable 2", the releasable contents of Xbox LIVE Marketplace will offer to the players the possibility to personalize and to improve their experiences of game.
Looks like Too Human has some kind of content sharing too.

Mindlog said:
Prediction: No Gears of War 2.

Megaton: Gears of Four.

That's right, MS skips two generations because the game is holographic and eschews typical controls. Biometric feedback including sweat, tension, and pheromones are taken into account when directing your own personalized 4D historical action crab experience.
Directed by Ken Kutaragi.

Top Bottom