• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Top 10 selling PSN games since launch (SCEA)

Wollan

SCEA:

img_0167.jpg

Wtf @ MK2.

SCEE:

img_0169.jpg

Source

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
I'm one of the guilty people who bought that game... Kind of wish I didn't though. From that list, I have everything minus Aquatopia.

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
SolidSnakex said:
MK2 isn't surprising, it's 5 dollars and is the best game in the series.

Plus, when it came out there wasn't a whole bunch of other things to buy.

Big-E

Sad that Gripshift isn't on the SCEA list and I too am one of the people who regret downloading MKII.

Elbrain

Suckin' dicks since '66
Go fucking Tekken w00t! Go all the way! BTW what the hell with Calling All Cars that shit should be higher on the list. You heartless bastards will make Jaffe want to kill himself.

Elbrain

Suckin' dicks since '66
ManaByte said:
$5 for a pretty much arcade perfect MK2 port WITH ONLINE PLAY is nothing to complain about.

That is very true very true indeed. But Calling All Cars deserved to be up higher.

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
I think the game that I am most shocked to not see in that top 10 is High Stakes on the Vegas Strip.

kbear

Elbrain said:
That is very true very true indeed. But Calling All Cars deserved to be up higher.
no it didn't... that game was awful. i literally put an hour into it then never touched it again... everyone i know who bought it did the same thing. the game was seriously lacking...

Brashnir

Kind of surprised that Blast Factor isn't up there, seeing as it was basically the only thing to play on PSN at launch.

kaching

"GAF's biggest wanker"
Hmmm...Did any of the games on the SCEA top 10 list have a demo? :evilgrin

But Gripshift...poor Gripshift.

Brashnir

kbear said:
no it didn't... that game was awful. i literally put an hour into it then never touched it again... everyone i know who bought it did the same thing. the game was seriously lacking...

Did you ever play local multiplayer with 4 people? If not, you never really played the game.

Elbrain

Suckin' dicks since '66
kbear said:

What!?!?! Madness!

I bought MK2. I'm disappointed there aren't more older games on PSN.

I've also bought Warhawk, SSDHD, CAC, Gauntlet 2, Flow, Loco Roco and Everyday Shooter.

Wollan

When I think about it I'm surprised Crash Bandicoot isn't on either SCEA or SCEE's list.
I mean, the game was huge (every game in the original trilogy sold 5-6m each I believe) and it's still a well known name and quite playable today.

Killthee

helped a brotha out on multiple separate occasions!
Brashnir said:
Did you ever play local multiplayer with 4 people? If not, you never really played the game.

QFT

The game is freaking amazing when playing offline multi.

Grayman

kaching said:
Hmmm...Did any of the games on the SCEA top 10 list have a demo? :evilgrin

But Gripshift...poor Gripshift.
stardust did long after release. It was enough to make me buy it.

wait... didn't Jaffe swear off future psn titles because it (calling all cars)didn't sell well. I wish numbers were attached to that.

Delriach

Banned
BobTheFork said:
wait... didn't Jaffe swear off future psn titles because it didn't sell well. I wish numbers were attached to that.

I believe what was said is that his approach to titles like that are going to be different than the way it was done in CaC

Glad to see the Tekken love. <3

Wollan

BobTheFork said:
wait... didn't Jaffe swear off future psn titles because it (calling all cars)didn't sell well. I wish numbers were attached to that.
Whatya mean? He's making them full time now.
He has mentioned though that the 30s comic style probably worked against it.

kbear

Brashnir said:
Elbrain said:
What!?!?! Madness!
You guys are talking about Calling All Cars, right? look i know it's just an opinion but i really thought that game was terrible... it's the one game i've bought on PSN which i really regret and i've bought quite a few... basically just threw 10 bucks in the garbage can. I fell for the forums hype and David Jaffe name behind it.

Elbrain

Suckin' dicks since '66
kbear said:
You guys are talking about Calling All Cars, right? look i know it's just an opinion but i really thought that game was terrible... it's the one game i've bought on PSN which i really regret and i've bought quite a few... basically just threw 10 bucks in the garbage can. I fell for the forums hype and David Jaffe name behind it.

Again MADNESS!!!!

Well opinions are opinions.

Delriach

Banned
I like Calling all Cars. I had a lot of fun with that title. I still play it every now and then too. If anyone here plays it still, Delriach would be the name to contact if you want some fun with the game. :D

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
Wollan said:
When I think about it I'm surprised Crash Bandicoot isn't on either SCEA or SCEE's list.
I mean, the game was huge (every game in the original trilogy sold 5-6m each I believe) and it's still a well known name and quite playable today.

Something tells me they were not counting PS1 games.

Elbrain

Suckin' dicks since '66
Tideas said:
I bought Mk2. what's wrong with it?

Nothing we just thought more original titles would prevail more, I like the game really brings back a lot of good memories.

Top Bottom