• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Soulcalibur IV character revealed: Scheherazade

There are scans from the latest Famitsu with the character Scheherazade, who looks really weird. Elf ears, pink outfit, kind of bird-like and fighting with a thing sword. The artwork is completely different than the usual SC, so is she a guest character from somewhere?

yeah, she looks unusual.

It actually reminds me of the look Lloyd had in Soul Calibur Legend or whatever for the Wii. More realisitc Tales of character.

Jocchan

Ὁ μεμβερος -ου
1z16zok.gif

NeonZ

Not only her design, the style of her character art is completely different from the other designs too. It's weird, even the colors are different, there's much less contrast than in the other character arts (though that might be just the bad scan).

I've given up hope a while ago to play a worthy Soul Calibur (dreamcast) successor. The introduction of those bullshit starwars characters was one thing, now another deception, as you might encounter a pink elf online in battle. :D

AAh, SFIV is still coming this year. Is it? IS IT?

Solbi

Sheherazade is an arab/persian ... or let's just say muslim name
So i guess she will have some crazy arab swords !!

bjork

Solbi said:
Sheherazade is an arab/persian ... or let's just say muslim name
So i guess she will have some crazy arab swords !!

There's a really distateful reply that popped in my mind, but I won't post it.

"Doesn't fit at ALL, looks like bad SNK LULZ, face is too weird and cartoony, very ugly, looks WAY too bulky! Steoidz!! LUL!!"

-- oh wait, this is a thread for Street Fighter IV, right?

CassSept

Gagaman said:
Scheherwhat? How the hell do you pronounce that? :lol :lol
Uh, you dont know how to pronounce Scheherazade? Have you never heard of her (the rl scheherazade) tales or whatever they are called?

D3VI0US

WTF is that thing? As if Darth Vader and Yoda weren't bad enough that's just fucking retarded. I don't like this, I don't like the fact that they're putting so much effort into these guest characters. If they fit more into the confines of what the game was it wouldn't be so irritating but it's a fucking elf. Anyways I'm still stoked for the game, it looks great, but it's like why not put that effort into the custom characters instead, seems like a more worthy use of time. This chick will probably help them sell in Japan though.

ZeoVGM

Banned
CassSept said:
Uh, you dont know how to pronounce Scheherazade? Have you never heard of her (the rl scheherazade) tales or whatever they are called?

I love how you're acting like he's in some minority or something.

Yeah, Scheherazade is a household name.

The fuck?

I'm absolutely amazed that people are bitching about the style of this character.

Because Soul Calibur has always had normal-looking chacters that all fit with each other.

Xapati

Those pics are too small to decide if I like her, especially considering the artwork and ingame is often radically diffrent for SC4 characters. Although she does seem like a weird character.

Finaika

Dunno if my Japanese is right (plus the poor quality scan) but the developers said that there have been requests for a rapier-using character. So they based Scheherazade's design on Record of Lodoss War's Elf character named Deedlit who uses a rapier. Also they said Scheherazade's design is like a Science Fiction Elf.

soqquatto

not knowing the Sheherazade name is not really something to be proud of. It's sort of common culture, although of course you can't always know everything and yes maybe you can skip 1001 nights after all.

besides, the Magic card of the same name (albeit with a random spelling) was the ultimate awesome trick you could pull to your friends/enemies in a friendly/annoying game. forking it was also priceless.

sorry for being nerdish.

Top Bottom