• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Soulcalibur IV character revealed: Scheherazade

NeonZ

There's a small box with the English word "story" next to her art, so I don't think she's a guest, just a weird character.

Anyway, I don't care about the ears, pink feather cape or her anime eyes, the only thing that bothers me about her design is the lower half of her clothes. She seems to be wearing a swinsuit on top of panty hose and then huge boots that go higher than her knees. That whole set up just reminds me of stupid super hero pants.

farnham

Banned
wow.. rip off confirmed

deedlit-and-parn.jpg

Linkzg said:
more or less this is what she looks like:

358sy6f.jpg

basically
:lol This is what Gaf is reduced to for the latest and greatest exclusive screenshots of the newest games?? HO-LY SHIT! You have got to be kidding me. Somebody needs to do whatever they need to do to allow these guys to post scans again. This is ridiculous.

... *looks at picture again*...:lol :lol

Pistolero

Sheherazade is an arab/persian ... or let's just say muslim name

A muslim name ? Where did you get that from ? There are a couple of them, yeah, but Sheherazade ? Exotic post FTW ! :lol
By the way, Sheherazade is the female narrator in the deliciously erotic tales of 1001 Nights (Arabian Nights, though the story is persian...).

Crocodile

Dark Octave said:
:lol This is what Gaf is reduced to for the latest and greatest exclusive screenshots of the newest games?? HO-LY SHIT! You have got to be kidding me. Somebody needs to do whatever they need to do to allow these guys to post scans again. This is ridiculous.

Pretty much. I mean I totally understand where the upper brass are coming from but it's pretty hard (impossible) to have discussion on this subject, and several others, sans pics. I know they're somewhere on the internets but I'll be damned if I know where. Oh wells. Hopefully something shows up on big sites like IGN or 1up soon.

Xapati

Crocodile said:
Pretty much. I mean I totally understand where the upper brass are coming from but it's pretty hard (impossible) to have discussion on this subject, and several others, sans pics. I know they're somewhere on the internets but I'll be damned if I know where. Oh wells. Hopefully something shows up on big sites like IGN or 1up soon.

I don't see why Gaf can't post japanese scans. Other large boards like Gamefaqs doesn't have any restrictions on posting scans.
hint hint

Gagaman

soqquatto said:
not knowing the Sheherazade name is not really something to be proud of. It's sort of common culture, although of course you can't always know everything and yes maybe you can skip 1001 nights after all.

besides, the Magic card of the same name (albeit with a random spelling) was the ultimate awesome trick you could pull to your friends/enemies in a friendly/annoying game. forking it was also priceless.

sorry for being nerdish.
Sorry I'm an uncultured swine. :(

Dark Octave said:

Sadly, that would require us to be able to bypass international copyright laws...

She looks pretty cool. Small boobs though* when compared to EVERY OTHER CHARACTER IN THE SERIES yes even Valdo

*in the artistic vision, actually gameplay may differ

Finaika

PetriP-TNT said:
She looks pretty cool. Small boobs though* when compared to EVERY OTHER CHARACTER IN THE SERIES yes even Valdo

*in the artistic vision, actually gameplay may differ
Because elves have small boobs.

Dyno

"For my sins I was burned with fire - and found that I was for endurance made."

The Repentant Blacksmith from Sharharezad's 1001 Nights, coincidentally this also made it to a Magic: The Gathering card.

Any of you video game/dungeons and dragons freaks need to get a copy of this book. It has all the crazy conventions that are the mainstays of the genre.

dorikyasu

farnham said:
wow.. rip off confirmed

deedlit-and-parn.jpg

well, since the person who designed SC4 Scheherazade is the same character designer who did Lodoss characters (Yutaka Izubuchi), it's not really a rip off...

Finaika

dorikyasu said:
well, since the person who designed SC4 Scheherazade is the same character designer who did Lodoss characters (Yutaka Izubuchi), it's not really a rip off...
Wow really? And isn't he's the guy who directed Rahxephon?

twinturbo2

butthurt Heat fan
Finaika said:
Dunno if my Japanese is right (plus the poor quality scan) but the developers said that there have been requests for a rapier-using character.
Uh, what's the weapon that Raphael's using, then? :kittonwyindifferent.jpg:

I like her design. She seems to be wielding a single sword as her weapon unless there is some magic she has or something that I don't know about. Looks good though.

Top Bottom