• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Soulcalibur IV character revealed: Scheherazade

dorikyasu

dorikyasu said:
Nobuteru Yuki isn't the only one credited for Lodoss, you know.
http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/encyclopedia/people.php?id=141
Some huge fan you are... You got the loser part right though.

thank you Mefisutoferesu. :)

ZOOMJ he gave Deelit long ears.

Stop it.

Edit: I love how you make one of the sub character designers the character designer.

God love the intertrons.

Pachinko said:
Even the crappy blurry screens depict a character that is like a normal SC character wearing crappy cosplay.

This.

Pachinko

Perhaps instead of hiring todd mcfarlane and his trapper keeper to make another abomination like Necrid they tapped out some random popular manga artist to create a new character? The art in the scan really doesn't look a thing like the normal SC4 art. Even the crappy blurry screens depict a character that is like a normal SC character wearing crappy cosplay.

LowParry

The in game model will probably turn out better than the concept art. I don't see why people are shitting their pants over it. I'll take this new character over the new SF4 character any day.

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
Word is this isn't really a new character for the main roster, just a "secondary" char we see in the story mode? Anyone have info to confirm?

Elbrain

Suckin' dicks since '66
We need some one like Hibiki in Soul Calibur dammit!

14jlojn.jpg

16ljti1.gif
10h1z4k.gif
sgnx4y.gif

Dali

icecream said:
A bunch of screenshots of all the characters revealed so far.

Scheherazade
http://i25.tinypic.com/15wx6c5.jpg[/IM][/QUOTE]
This could be the SC series jumping the shark in terms of character design. Like MK3 or Tekken IV before it.

Hunahan

Banned
Dali said:
This could be the SC series jumping the shark in terms of character design. Like MK3 or Tekken IV before it.
Eh. Admittedly the elf-ears seem out of place, but overall she seems ok to me.

Not spectacular, but certainly not the worst the series has offered....

Better than Tira and Zasalamel, for example. (I rather liked Setsuka).

Elbrain

Suckin' dicks since '66
Dali said:

?

This character seems to fit in th SC kind of design even though I don't like the character herself she fits so she is cool with me.

Feep

Banned
Scheherazade was mentioned in the seminal song "Never Had A Friend Like Me" from Aladdin.

The more you know!

Elbrain

Suckin' dicks since '66
GamerSoul said:
Figures it be something of that nature.

Hilda, imo, is the better designed of the two new.

I agree with you and I am wondering if they are going to reveal anymore new characters? It would be cool but I don't think so.

Ledsen

Well, in case someone out there doesn't know, Sheherazade is the storyteller from One Thousand and One Nights/Arabian Nights.

edit: seems it was mentioned before, but it doesn't hurt to repeat it :)

Elbrain

Suckin' dicks since '66
Durante said:
I agree, but they're both much better IMHO than any of the characters introduced in SC3.

Blah Setsuka was awesome I really like that character design wise and gameplay wise now we just need another character like this!

14jlojn.jpg

Reallink

It has to be said, this Scheherzade character is fucking weird, creepy, and fan-made looking. How did the same team and game that spawned Hilde come up with that shit?

GamerSoul

Elbrain said:
Blah Setsuka was awesome I really like that character design wise and gameplay wise now we just need another character like this!

http://i30.tinypic.com/14jlojn.jpg[/IMG ][/QUOTE]

Setsuka was by far my fav of the newcomers in SC3. Her style and look actually brought something very deadly and unique to the series. We can only imagine how she'll improve in this.

The series could maybe use a another style for the Katana. I'm mean we already have 3 characters with variationa of the same style. Lizardman, Cass, and Soph. Mits and Yoshi are cool but a younger character bringing new "life" into the Katana would be very interesting. It probably won't happen in this game tho.

[QUOTE=]ReallinkIt has to be said, this Scheherzade character is fucking weird, creepy, and fan-made looking. How did the same team and game that spawned Hilde come up with that shit?[/QUOTE]

I just think it's to add more variety for the players. That's probably what inspired them to add a fully-armored female to the series. That way everyone can be happy.

Xapati

icecream said:
A bunch of screenshots of all the characters revealed so far.

Scheherazade
15wx6c5.jpg

Hey look at her face in this pic and the rest of the screenshots. I think they've finally fixed facial expressions because she doesn't have a vacant stare :D

Oh and I really like her design.

Elbrain

Suckin' dicks since '66
GamerSoul said:
Setsuka was by far my fav of the newcomers in SC3. Her style and look actually brought something very deadly and unique to the series. We can only imagine how she'll improve in this.

The series could maybe use a another style for the Katana. I'm mean we already have 3 characters with variationa of the same style. Lizardman, Cass, and Soph. Mits and Yoshi are cool but a younger character bringing new "life" into the Katana would be very interesting. It probably won't happen in this game tho.

I just think it's to add more variety for the players. That's probably what inspired them to add a fully-armored female to the series. That way everyone can be happy.

Would have to agree plus with the Katana type fighters there are really a lot of styles they could employ for the fighting mechanics. I was just saying that Hibiki have a cool style that could be used for SC in fighting wise plus it would be nice to have a female Samurai in there.

PBalfredo

I think Scheherazade's design would be 10x better if they dropped the elf ears. For some reason those ears push it over the line from Another Wacky SC Design(tm) to someone at Namco importing their Lineage II character. Everything else about her is fine
except she doesn't have Link to fight against

Hilde's design still rocks hardcore

karasu

It always boggles my mind when someone says a fantasy design is 'so out of place' in Soul Calibur. As if the other characters were so grounded in reality or something. How the crap did Lizard man fit in with a group of swordsman? Soul Edge was a human torch thing for petes sake! Anyway, Schizoshitsade's design is awesome to me.

Raging Spaniard

If they are Dutch, upright and breathing they are more racist than your favorite player
Heey she looks cool! its a different sort of design for SC, but it fits nicely I think, good stuff.

Ugh, she looks horrible. Somebody did a bad job with the model, IMO. Also, a small cupped short eared elf from Idzubuchi? Wat? Also, her shoulders look a lot wider than her hips...

Elbrain

Suckin' dicks since '66
karasu said:
It always boggles my mind when someone says a fantasy design is 'so out of place' in Soul Calibur. As if the other characters were so grounded in reality or something. How the crap did Lizard man fit in with a group of swordsman? Soul Edge was a human torch thing for petes sake! Anyway, Schizoshitsade's design is awesome to me.

Yep even since the first game Soul Edge the fact they have a fucking mythical sword with shit going crazy at the end gives them a license to add what ever shit they want hopefully they keep adding more cool looking characters like Hilda and Setsuka.

The thing is, you don't go and add an entire separate (humanoid) race this far into the series. What's next, dwarves and orcs? Maybe an ent? There's mythology (Soul Calibur) and there's fantasy (LotR), they don't mix very well.

Top Bottom