• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Trauma Center: Under The Knife 2 (PR)

Volcynika

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

ATLUS TO INJECT NINTENDO DS WITH TRAUMA CENTER: UNDER THE KNIFE 2

The Operating Room is Portable Again this July

IRVINE, CALIFORNIA - APRIL 7th, 2008 - Atlus U.S.A., Inc. today announced Trauma Center(R): Under the Knife 2 for Nintendo DS(TM), a direct sequel to the 2005 smash hit. The fast-paced medical action that made the handheld original a classic is back, along with all of your favorite Trauma Center characters. Rejoin Derek and Angie as they deal with the unpredictable aftereffects of GUILT. With numerous enhancements, including new difficulty modes and new operations, handheld surgeons have a lot to be excited about.

Trauma Center: Under the Knife 2 is currently scheduled to release on July 1.

About Trauma Center: Under the Knife 2
GUILT is no more. Dr. Derek Stiles and Nurse Angie Thompson faced humanity's greatest threat and triumphed. Now, in the aftermath, they find themselves in unknown territory, forced to deal with the disastrous consequences of the killer virus. Join them as they scramble to address questions left unanswered and put an end to the mystery behind the disease.

Key Features
- True sequel to Under the Knife - Scrub back in to Nintendo DS for the next chapter of the award-winning Trauma Center: Under the Knife that returns to the tactile stylus-based experience that made the original a smash hit.
- Derek and Angie are back - Caduceus' preeminent surgical team returns to confront the aftermath of the devastating GUILT epidemic in a brand new story.
- Just what the doctor ordered - With a new easy-play mode, improved tool utility, and clearer directions, playing doctor has never been so much fun.

Visit the official Trauma Center: Under the Knife 2 website:
http://www.atlus.com/tcutk2

Trauma Center: Under the Knife 2 has been rated "T" for Teen with Blood, Mild Language, Mild Suggestive Themes, and Mild Violence by the ESRB.

###

About Atlus U.S.A., Inc.
Located in Irvine, California and founded in 1991, Atlus U.S.A., Inc. is renowned for its proud tradition of publishing exceptional role-playing games with strong niche appeal. The Atlus library of critically acclaimed video games includes Odin Sphere, Trauma Center series, and the award-winning Shin Megami Tensei series. For more information, visit http://www.atlus.com.

(C)2008 ATLUS. Licensed to and published by Atlus U.S.A., Inc.

Firestorm

This is exactly what I wanted for a new Trauma Center in terms of:
- gameplay
- story
- characters
- release date

<3 Atlus

Hcoregamer00

The 'H' stands for hentai.
Firestorm said:
This is exactly what I wanted for a new Trauma Center in terms of:
- gameplay
- story
- characters
- release date

<3 Atlus

Yup, and it has an easy mode for wussies like me :D

grandjedi6

Master of the Google Search
WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA?!?!

Ju..July!? You mean Atlus is localizing this while the game is still in development? You mean it is coming to NA before Japan?!

grandjedi6

14e54io.png

kuYuri

grandjedi6 said:
http://i31.tinypic.com/14e54io.png

Awesome.

This sequel completely came out of left field for me. I still haven't finished the first one, it's so damn tough!

jj984jj

He's a pretty swell guy in my books anyway.
DS is rocking this year, it looks to have a fantastic summer after the spring warm-up.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
I just want to say one negative thing and then I'll be able to let go and be hyped personally.

Atlus released a document at the end of one of their fiscal years (I guess FY07 but maybe FY08) that listed their franchises in four categories:
1) good franchise, make sequels wisely
2) good franchise, milk for cash.
3) bad franchise, work to fix it.
4) bad franchise, junk it.

Trauma Center was a #2 according to Atlus. It seems pretty likely that this will be similar to New Blood; incremental improvements running a fairly similar engine to the original.

That being said, I'll still pick it up. Art looks nice and I'm happy to play more Trauma Center on the US.

Hcoregamer00

Stumpokapow said:
I just want to say one negative thing and then I'll be able to let go and be hyped personally.

Atlus released a document at the end of one of their fiscal years (I guess FY07 but maybe FY08) that listed their franchises in four categories:

Trauma Center was a #2 according to Atlus. It seems pretty likely that this will be similar to New Blood; incremental improvements running a fairly similar engine to the original.

That being said, I'll still pick it up. Art looks nice and I'm happy to play more Trauma Center on the US.

Well, it doesn't really matter because we haven't gotten a true sequel to the DS version of Trauma Center for 3 years.

This is the Trauma Center we have been waiting for, not some Wii version.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
Hcoregamer00 said:
Well, it doesn't really matter because we haven't gotten a true sequel to the DS version of Trauma Center for 3 years.

I agree, I just remember being really worried when I read the thread about those financials and the early media of this game has suggested that it's more of a Doom 2 / Max Payne 2 / Condemned 2 / GRAW 2-style "same game, new stuff" than a totally new experience.

It's fine with me that the game is going to be more of an evolution of the concept, I just hope that they make wise game decisions and don't burn out a shining star too early.

Also, any PR guys get a box art for this yet? I'm looking for a decent res copy and that flash box art isn't good enough.

grandjedi6

Lost Fragment said:
lol wut

Well, I guess for people who miss the other thread:

Actually this thread was made before you posted those pics and at the same time you posted the press release :p

And release date so needs to be put in the thread title

jj984jj

He's a pretty swell guy in my books anyway.
Stumpokapow said:
I agree, I just remember being really worried when I read the thread about those financials and the early media of this game has suggested that it's more of a Doom 2 / Max Payne 2 / Condemned 2 / GRAW 2-style "same game, new stuff" than a totally new experience.

It's fine with me that the game is going to be more of an evolution of the concept, I just hope that they make wise game decisions and don't burn out a shining star too early.

Also, any PR guys get a box art for this yet? I'm looking for a decent res copy and that flash box art isn't good enough.
If they announced this before New Blood came out it would have definitely been too soon, I think the timing with this announcement is just right.

Stumpokapow said:

Where was Etrian Odyssey on this list? ;__;

Volcynika

If a mod can put the release date (July 1st) in the thread title, thanks.

Also, sorry Lost Fragment, I was in a bit of a rush. :/

Firestorm

Hcoregamer00 said:

What was wrong with the Wii versions? Although I haven't played New Blood yet (what a crappy release date that had).

Sagitario

Hcoregamer00 said:

You make it sound like the Wii games weren't good games or even TC games...

PBalfredo

Stumpokapow said:

Source? Not that I don't believe you, I'm curious to see this myself.

grandjedi6

Firestorm said:
What was wrong with the Wii versions? Although I haven't played New Blood yet (what a crappy release date that had).

I think he just wanted another DS version

Hcoregamer00

Companion Cube said:
Damn it! It's on DS. Not that I want it less or anything, but I'd have to end up getting the inevitable Wii port as well. :(

:(

There is one already one the Wii, it was called "Second Opinion"

Zeed

Banned
Hcoregamer00 said:
:(

There is one already one the Wii, it was called "Second Opinion"
There's two on the Wii, actually.

But I doubt that this will be getting a port anytime soon.

Oh yeah and this looks awesome.

PS. WTF is with that blue uniform?

grandjedi6

Zeed said:
There's two on the Wii, actually.

But I doubt that this will be getting a port anytime soon.

Oh yeah and this looks awesome.

PS. WTF is with that blue uniform?

Pink is so 2005

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
grandjedi6 said:
WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA?!?!

Ju..July!? You mean Atlus is localizing this while the game is still in development? You mean it is coming to NA before Japan?!

You new to Trauma Center? New Blood came to the US first as well. The series does better here than it does overseas.

grandjedi6

ZealousD said:
You new to Trauma Center? New Blood came to the US first as well. The series does better here than it does overseas.

I honestly didn't expect them to keep that tradition for a summer release. I was pleasantly surprised

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
Tenbatsu said:
Awesome boxart O_O

Certainly a heck of a lot better than New Blood's.

Seriously, what the hell was up with that?

grandjedi6

Jocchan said:
YAY! I've loved the first one.
10r26o9.gif

One of these is not like the other

ZealousD said:
Certainly a heck of a lot better than New Blood's.

Seriously, what the hell was up with that?

Atlus tried to go simple in order to attract attention in the holiday rush?

Sigh these games are far too difficult for me. =/
Maybe I'd have better luck with a mouse, my shaky hands are useless with a wiimote/stylus.

Top Bottom