• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

SOCOM Headset officially revealed!

Doel

http://www.ps3fanboy.com/2008/06/27/socom-headset-officially-revealed/

ps3_bluetooth_007.jpg

The retail version of SOCOM Confrontation will include a Blu-ray headset. However, expect something much classier than the one included in the Warhawk bundle so long ago. This one is made specifically with gaming in mind -- and as such, earns the official PlayStation branding. The headset, which will also be available seperately from the game, is designed for long use and even includes a much-needed Mute button, a feature uncommon to most Bluetooth headsets. The device will also include a USB cradle, so that it can be charged via the PS3.

While neither the design and price have been completely finalized, Sony plans on pricing this quite competitively. From the looks of its quality, we believe Sony will charge more than what they did for Warhawk.

ps3_bluetooth_009.jpg
ps3_bluetooth_004.jpg
ps3_bluetooth_012.jpg
ps3_bluetooth_003.jpg

acevans2

Alright, so this comes with the $60 Blu-Ray copy of SOCOM: Confrontation?

Are there any plans to release a $40 Blu-Ray w/o the headset? I like the Warhawk one, and I don't need a second. If not, this looks nicer and I guess I'll just give the other one away.

TTP

Have a fun! Enjoy!
Awesome. Mine day 1. But I'm getting SOCOM from the store. Have to steal it I guess.

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
acevans2 said:
Alright, so this comes with the $60 Blu-Ray copy of SOCOM: Confrontation?

Are there any plans to release a $40 Blu-Ray w/o the headset? I like the Warhawk one, and I don't need a second. If not, this looks nicer and I guess I'll just give the other one away.

Yes. The version without the headset is $39.99.

Jesus christ, finallly a Playstation branded headset. Hopefully the quality is on par with the good looks. If so, i will be there day 1.

Firewire

Banned
I passed on the MGS4 headset, but I'll get this if its bundled with Socom. This way I'll have 2 headsets (Jabra from Warhawk already) and hopefully one will be fully charged always.

I just wish that cradle could be used to charge the Jabra as well!

BeEatNU

WORLDSTAAAAAAR
Firewire said:
I passed on the MGS4 headset, but I'll get this if its bundled with Socom. This way I'll have 2 headsets (Jabra from Warhawk already) and hopefully one will be fully charged always.

I just wish that cradle could be used to charge the Jabra as well!

I mainly picked up the MGS4 headset for collector's value, its not that great in sound quality. Lets hope this cuts the cake, I would be using this alllllll the time.

DarkJC

TTP said:
What do u mean?

SOCOM is going to be programmed so that when you mute it / change the volume etc. it will show up in game as well, so you know from looking on screen if your mic is muted and what not.

-Rogue5-

DarkJC said:
SOCOM is going to be programmed so that when you mute it / change the volume etc. it will show up in game as well, so you know from looking on screen if your mic is muted and what not.

You mean exactly like MGS4 does with any BT headset? Awesome.

When does SOCOMPS3 come out? This game is completely under the radar for me right now.

Chorazin

Oh hells yeah this is a day one purchase. I rather hate the one that came with Warhawk, this one looks much more comforatable.

It would be awesome if you plugged it into the PS3 to charge it and it would automatically pair with the PS3.

J-Rzez

Glad it looks like that mock up ages ago. Very nice looking. Supposed to have so good noise cancellation as well. Can't wait!

Doel

-Rogue5- said:
You mean exactly like MGS4 does with any BT headset? Awesome.

When does SOCOMPS3 come out? This game is completely under the radar for me right now.
September 16th.

Pimpwerx

That looks nice. I like that it has a USB jack for charging. I'm tired of having to plug these things into an outlet. PEACE.

AndyD

aka andydumi
Sony Ericsson headsets are very good quality, and if this is one of those, then it will be a great addition to my accessories list. I use the Warhawk one in the car now, and use the Eye as a mic.

Firewire

Banned
Weenerz said:
Looks good, too bad I'm not hyped for SOCOM. Are they planning on selling the headset separate?

I would assume so, considering its branded with the PS logo. Probably won't be sold on its own till two or three months after Socom though.

fse

looks good. most bt headsets have a mute button though. just hold vol - & + at the same time :)

jaydogg691

The headset looks nice. Hopefully by Sony having an official headset means that voice chat will be a standard for online PS3 games. There are many cross platform games that didn't support voice chat on PS3 while the the 360 version did.

Firewire

Banned
jaydogg691 said:
The headset looks nice. Hopefully by Sony having an official headset means that voice chat will be a standard for online PS3 games. There are many cross platform games that didn't support voice chat on PS3 while the the 360 version did.

wha?

Ploid 3.0

f_elz said:
looks good. most bt headsets have a mute button though. just hold vol - & + at the same time :)

Anyone try this with the jabra? I remember the vol being sea saw type buttons.

Firewire

Banned
jaydogg691 said:
I guess I should have said some cross platform titles. I know that Rock Band and FEAR on PS3 don't support voice chat while the 360 counter parts do.

I'll give you those (I don't own either). But a word of advice be specific in you're wording, Gaf can be a bitch when you're not really accurate in you're wording.

I do agree with you on the point of having a universal headset, hopefully somewhere down the line Sony throws this in with actual hardware bundles.

theBishop

Banned
I don't love that "stalk" where it fits into your ear. I prefer the Jabra molded plastic. On the other hand, it looks far more convenient for charging (Dock FTW!), and the mute button is a great addition.

If I'm not busy with something else when Socom comes out, I will get this.

This one looks so much better then the one that came with warhawk

but how much better, in terms of quality, is this one then the MGS4 one

drknite

Can't wait to eat some Kobe tubesteak
Finally, the Motorola mic I have is unbelievably crappy.

EDIT: Thread title should be "Sony Headset Officially Revealed"

Top Bottom