• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Too Human Demo Coming at E3 (Microsoft Bringing It Home)

Status
Not open for further replies.

SPEA

Edit: The Demo should be at 2am PDT/5am EST tonight (July 14th).

Too Human Demo Finally Coming
Microsoft announces its plans to bring E3 home.

July 10, 2008 - Microsoft has announced that its "Bringing it Home" E3 initiative will start up this year on July 14. Through Xbox Live, gamers will be able to download various content from E3, including game trailers, news from the show floor, interviews, gamerpics, themes and demos.

This will include the long awaited Too Human demo that Silicon Knights has promised would come out before the game's launch this August. Keep your Xbox 360 hooked up to a high-speed internet connection and be on the lookout for your first chance to try out Too Human.

http://xbox360.ign.com/articles/887/887773p1.html

sonicmj1

This is the big test. People have been judging based on screens and videos, but with actual hands-on time with it, we'll actually be able to have some idea of how well it plays.

I really hope it delivers.

bryehn

I'll check it out, but I'm having a hard time caring about this game anymore.

Will probably buy just to support Ontario game development though.

duckroll

Y2Kev said:
*alligators circle*

For Dyack's sake, the demo better smash all the alligators away with a big strong hammer. Otherwise by the time the game is out, there'll only be vultures circling.

BTRA

Banned
GreekWolf said:

What's wrong with that? Eternal Darkness is on my top 10 list and having met Dennis Dyack at E3 multiple times with behind the scenes talking and playing a game, my interest and hype is out the roof. This game is going to blow everyone away and will be one of if not the best game on the Xbox 360.

PhatSaqs

Banned
flair.gif

I can't wait till Monday

The Too Human topic will be so awesome. The trolling and the gifs will provide countless hours of entertainment. Monday can't come soon enough.

I shall have my bag of popcorn ready..

BTW I'm not interested in Too Human at all for the simple fact the game uses the right stick to do your attacks and because the animations don't look so fluid. But unlike others who don't like the game, I don't go into TH topics to troll it.

Flavius

GhaleonEB said:
Good to hear. It will make or break the game.

That's an interesting take.

I'm honestly not sure that I agree, but regardless, I'm looking forward to seeing how it all pans out (the game itself, obviously, and the aftermath in terms of public perception).

uh oh. I actually thought they wouldn't release the demo, even after Denis Dyack said they would. I don't think this will end well. But yeah, this will be downloaded immediately. I can't wait.

duckroll

Byakuya769 said:
Yep, the gaf thread on the demo will be of epic proportions.

I'm actually interested in seeing what the demo has to offer that's so different from the screens and videos too.

Revelation 20:11-13 said:
"And I saw a great white throne and him that sat upon it from whose face the heaven and the earth fled away, and there was found no place for them. And I saw the dead, small and great, stand before God and the books were opened, and another book was opened, which is the book of Life, and the dead were judged out of those things which were written in the books, according to their works. And the sea gave up the dead which were in it and death and hell (Hades) delivered up the dead which were in them and they were judged every man according to their works."

The day of judgement has been appointed.

Dartastic

Flavius said:
That's an interesting take.

I'm honestly not sure that I agree, but regardless, I'm looking forward to seeing how it all pans out (the game itself, obviously, and the aftermath in terms of public perception).

It's not too interesting. Think about all the scrutiny that this game has been put under. If a demo comes out and people don't like it, the game is doomed. Negative word of mouth will spread, and the game's base (the hardcore) will flock even farther away from it than they already seem to be doing.

On the other hand, if the demo comes out and is all kinds of fuckawesome, then it'll do the complete opposite. Denis has even said before that a demo will make or break this game, and it's the cold, hard truth.

Victrix

*beard*
heh, it's probably going to be a trainwreck. Even if the demo is *good*, but not *AMAZING*, there will be an epic bloodletting, justified or no

chubigans

y'all should be ashamed
BTRA said:
This game is going to blow everyone away and will be one of if not the best game on the Xbox 360.
I reallllly think you need to hold off on those types of comments at the moment. Await the demo first.

JdFoX187

Banned
I hope the demo turns out to be excellent if for nothing else than to see all of the trolls eat crow. Can't wait though. It's been on my purchase list ever since it was announced for the Xbox 360.

GreekWolf

BTRA said:
What's wrong with that? Eternal Darkness is on my top 10 list and having met Dennis Dyack at E3 multiple times with behind the scenes talking and playing a game, my interest and hype is out the roof. This game is going to blow everyone away and will be one of if not the best game on the Xbox 360.
Don't get me wrong, I'd love nothing more than to see massive helpings of crow being served when the game arrives, but the latest videos aren't too encouraging. Primarily the animation, even at this late stage, is still horrific.

As for me... well, Eternal Darkness is one of my favorites and I'm a dirty loot whore, so I'll probably own it regardless.

Flavius

Dartastic said:
It's not too interesting. Think about all the scrutiny that this game has been put under. If a demo comes out and people don't like it, the game is doomed. Negative word of mouth will spread, and the game's base (the hardcore) will flock even farther away from it than they already seem to be doing.

On the other hand, if the demo comes out and is all kinds of fuckawesome, then it'll do the complete opposite. Denis has even said before that a demo will make or break this game, and it's the cold, hard truth.

I think you're limiting your perspective a bit too much. I don't want to derail, but I would suggest, at least at this point, that saying the demo will "make or break" the game in terms of success is probably overemphasizing the impact of said demos on the marketplace.

I can think of at least three highly successful 360 titles that didn't have a demo at all. Didn't seem to hurt them too much.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom