• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Power (Sept. 2008) -- Sonic & the Black Knight, Dead Rising Wii, ect

grandjedi6

Master of the Google Search
News
-- Kirby Super Star Ultra will have 12 games (up from the original 8). Two of the new ones include Revenge of the King (a new platformer) and Meta Knight Ultra (Meta Knight touch skill game)
-- Elebits: The Adventures of Kai and Zero (DS): Sequel to the Wii game. Features new Elebits that will grant abilities such as illuminating, freezing water and reversing gravity. Wildly different from the Wii game and looks like a Zelda clone of some sort.
-- Myster Case Files: Millionheir: game based around carefully scanning the environment and looking for hidden objects.

Release Dates
-- Away: Shuffle Dungeon (DS) - December 2008
-- Time Hollow (DS) - Fall 2008
-- Disgaea DS - September 2008
-- Lego Batman: The Videogame - September 2008
-- Rhapsody: A Musical Adventure - September 2008
-- Puzzle Quest: Galactrix - Fall 2008

Previews

Sonic and the Black Knight
-- Sequel to Secret Rings
-- the game is a platformer with the sword just adding to the attacks and such (e.g. while running you can flick the Wiimote and attack with the sword, ect.). The game is formost about speed and platforming
-- Unlike Secret Rings you control Sonic with the control stick
-- they'll be civilians in each stage that can be rescued which will earn points towards "knighthood" (killing the innocents takes away points).
-- there is an equipment and shop system to purchase weapons and armor
-- each stage contains multiple branching paths
-- the skill and mission structure return but the development team is trying to fix the problems from before
-- some of sonic's "friends" are playable...... but its optional!
-- Nintendo Power predicted the Soul Calibur comparisons, the skeptism and the worry about Sonic having a weapon, hehe.

Dead Rising: Chop till you Drop
-- Dead Rising ala Resident Evil Wii Edition
-- changes from the original: selectable difficulty level, improved save system, larger text, and an episodic game structure.
-- release date: Winter

Ghostbusters
-- takes place in 1991
-- you can select to be either a male or female
-- DS and Wii versions

Little King's Story
-- simulation + adventure + strategy = pure awesomeness. Go watch some e3 videos fool.

Mario Super Sluggers
-- Stages include: Peach Ice Garden, Bowser Jr. Play Room, Toy Field, DK Jungle, Wario City, Yoshi Park and Mario Stadium.

Mushroom Men
-- the DS game is a prequel of the Wii game
-- the DS game is a sidescrolling platformer
-- the Wii game is a 3D adventure platformer

Reviews
Bangai-O Spirits (DS) --- 8.0
Rock Band Track Pack: Volume 1 (Wii) --- 6.5
Madden NFL 09 All-Play (Wii) --- 9.0
Order Up! (Wii) --- 7.0
Guitar Hero: Aerosmith (Wii) --- 7.0
Alone in the Dark (Wii) --- 4.0
Guitar Hero: On Tour (DS) --- 8.0
New International Track and Field (DS) --- 8.0
MLB Power Pros 2008 (Wii) --- 7.0
Izuna 2: The Unemployed Ninja Returns (DS) --- 5.0
NCAA Football 09 All-Play (Wii) --- 5.0

Next Month
Wario Land: Shake It! (cover)
We'll have an in-depth look at Wario Land: Shake It! and detailed coverage on all the big new games unveiled at E3. Plus, you'll get an exclusive look at a hot new title that didn't appear at the show. Please look forward to it!

Note: Most of the stuff was either covered at E3 or in other threads so its a lite thread this month

Raw64life

We'll have an in-depth look at Wario Land: Shake It! and detailed coverage on all the big new games unveiled at E3. Plus, you'll get an exclusive look at a hot new title that didn't appear at the show. Please look forward to it!

Pikmin 3 technically didn't appear at the show, so it seems like the obvious choice.

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
wow@madden score :eek:

and big thanks for the summary grandjedi6 :)

Sciz

grandjedi6 said:
-- Kirby Super Star Ultra will have 12 games (up from the original 8). Two of the new ones include Revenge of the King (a new platformer) and Meta Knight Ultra (Meta Knight touch skill game)
Cannot wait. I'm guessing we get two new minigames, and a new platformer each for Dedede and Meta Knight. And hopefully the Arena encompasses any new bosses.

AniHawk said:
It will be Disaster. Or Fatal Frame IV.
Either would be good and a confirmation that it is coming out (Disaster) or being released in the US (FF4). But NGamer said AC and Punchout would be at E3...so maybe it's Punchout...

grandjedi6

vareon said:
What did they say about Izuna?

Izuna 2 Review

-limited inventory space
-complains that the dungeon difficulty and tediciousness eliminates any real strategy and instead makes it a game of repetition.
-menu is tedious
-RPG elements pretty bare bones (no stats?)
-despite the tag team system, only the main character can gain experience. So to have a competent team you must drag your secondary character through early dungeons over and over.
-Story sucks, calls it "playground humor that prevades every conversation".

HK-47

Oh, bitch bitch bitch.
grandjedi6 said:
Izuna 2 Review

-limited inventory space
-complains that the dungeon difficulty and tediciousness eliminates any real strategy and instead makes it a game of repetition.
-menu is tedious
-despite the tag team system, only the main character can gain experience. So to have a competent team you must drag your secondary character through early dungeons over and over.

That is pretty damning

vareon

grandjedi6 said:
Izuna 2 Review

-limited inventory space
-menu is tedious

Thanks.

Divvy

Canadians burned my passport
Alrite, time to hype up the preview to unattainable levels once again!

Me, I bet it's Kingdom Hearts!

onipex

Jigsaw said:

:lol :lol :lol

I'm at least hoping they mean more info on Mad World, Monster Lab, King Story, De Blob, Clone Wars and the Wii version of COD 5.

You know the 3rd party Wii games that people seem to ignore so they can cry over Nintendo not having any big first party games.

Oh yeah that reminds me. I hope we get more Animal Crossing details too.

GTA DS info would be great too.

grandjedi6

Guybrush Threepwood said:
What did they say about Bangai-O?

Bangai-O Review
Pros
-addicting challenges
-intuitive level editor
-excellent community game with the level editor, speed runs and co-op.

Cons
-the lack of structure, story or ending makes the game unsatisfying if you try to only play single player. Say this is disappointing compared to past campaigns in older versions of Bangai-O

Basically they say its an awesome community/multiplayer game. But there isn't much in the single player department

Tenbatsu

grandjedi6 said:
Basically they say its an awesome community/multiplayer game. But there isn't much in the single player department
Har? Serious? There are like 160 levels for single player if I remember.

pakkit

Banned
Adumaha said:
Me, I bet it's Kingdom Hearts!

Feist%20-%20Let%20It%20Die.jpg

grandjedi6

Arde5643 said:
Definitely wow at Madden score - now I'm interested to see the details.
Madden NFL 09 All-Play Review
Pros
-motion controls have been refined from 08's
-the graphics and lighting have improved
-they love the new "Call Your Shot" feature
-call it the "best, most fully featured sports sim available on Wii".

Cons
-Brett Favre is on the cover :lol

Dead Rising: Chop till you Drop
-- changes from the original: selectable difficulty level, improved save system, larger text, and an episodic game structure.
Changing the save system changes the game completely and will probably ruin it (not that it matters because the game has been ruined anyway). DO NOT FUCKING WANT.

Tenbatsu

Anybody with a japanese Wii know what this is?
shopchannelchange1.jpg

I AM JOHN! said:
Changing the save system changes the game completely and will probably ruin it (not that it matters because the game has been ruined anyway). DO NOT FUCKING WANT.
Its a totally different game anw.

grandjedi6

Tenbatsu said:
Har? Serious? There are like 160 levels for single player if I remember.
they mentioned it had 167. I think their biggest problem was the lack of a campaign connecting all of them.

bdouble

Raw64life said:
Pikmin 3 technically didn't appear at the show, so it seems like the obvious choice.

that is so unlikely. Given Nintendo's stance on showing games. Unless it is ready to be shown and going to be released soon we won't see it as Reggie said.

I highly doubt it will be anything that big anyways.

Jinfash

needs 2 extra inches
sp0rsk said:
Madden gets a higher score than Bangai-o

*twitch*

:lol :lol :lol i thought of you first when i read the reviews

and ouch for Izuna :(

and WTH grandjedi? trying to raise people's hopes! would someone please post that sonic cycle pic to keep our hopes in check?

grandjedi6

Wallach said:
Could you post the pro/con summary thing for Order Up?
Order Up!
Pros
-likes the progression of moving into new restraunts and getting new recipes
-liked being able to cook multiple items at once (as opposed to Cooking Mama apparently)
-quirky charm
-good voice acting

Cons

-not much challenge
-too much repetition of some dishes
-pop-up windows occasionally interfer with cooking
-back and forth slicing motion is troublesome.

pakkit

Banned
Jinfash said:
trying to raise people's hopes! would someone please post that sonic cycle pic to keep our hopes in check?
I didn't hate Secret of the Rings, and they said they are going to make improvements...but Shadow is playable.

grandjedi6 said:
News
Sonic and the Black Knight

Eh.

grandjedi6 said:
News

Now this I want to know more about! At first I was unsure if I'd pick it up since I've played it God knows how many times but 4 new games have my curious. Unless, the other 2 are just mini-games but whatever. I want to know more about Revenge of the King.

Top Bottom