• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rumour: EatSleepPlay's PS3 Game at Leipzig

deepbrown

David Jaffe is doing some major hinting:

Out in Utah I know the team is scrambling to get a nice, sexy build of the game going for a Sony Dog and Pony next week. While I am sure I would drive some of them crazy if I was out there everyday- and the very successful, very functional alliance we’ve forged over the last 12 years would prob. not work with daily, real life connection- it’s times like these I WISH I was out there, so I could help with the crunch.

Sony dog and pony next week? Don't think they're in the Olympic Equestrian so must be Leipzig :D

http://criminalcrackdown.blogspot.com/2008/08/our-new-gamewell-sort-of.html Via http://www.ripten.com/2008/08/12/eat-sleep-plays-new-ps3-game-at-leipzig/

ps. don't hit me if it's old...

edit: Damn, Ripten have a good point:

"Then again "Sony Dog and Pony" could be in reference to an internal Sony showing, i.e. Eat Sleep Play will pitch the game, especially since the game is in early development. " http://www.ripten.com/2008/08/12/eat-sleep-plays-new-ps3-game-at-leipzig/

Hm did I jump the gun? :(

deepbrown

GQman2121 said:
Yeah, hasn't he already said that they're working on a new TM?
Yup...might not be their first game though. Though if it's in development, must be. I dunno...look at his sketches of his ideas for the game. Look like TM?

ps. is it EatSleepPlay or Eat Sleep Play?

Dizzan

MINI Member
I'd prefer a new IP rather than another Twisted Metal.

Do we really need a next gen version with shined up graphics. I've had my fill of cars with guns.

sykoex

Lost all credibility.
I wish this could be a long-form game like God of War, but if it's something like War of the Monsters or Twisted Metal that's cool too.

DuckRacer

deepbrown said:
Yup...might not be their first game though. Though if it's in development, must be. I dunno...look at his sketches of his ideas for the game. Look like TM?
ESP's first game was the PS2 port of that Twisted Metal PSP game. And in that port I'm pretty sure it was said that Twisted Metal PS3 was their next game.

deepbrown said:

ps. is it EatSleepPlay or Eat Sleep Play?

Eat Sleep Pray

Smokey

Dizzan said:

Do we really need a next gen version with shined up graphics. I've had my fill of cars with guns.

Yes, Yes we do.

Twisted Metal Black was AWESOME.

A new TM game using the power of the Cell and RSX w/ online play and trophies would make me weep with joy!

kenta

Has no PEINS
I just realized the fact that I get Eat Sleep Play confused with Incognito. Aren't they both of a very similar breed? And the fact that they're both in Utah just makes it harder to keep straight :p

kenta said:
I just realized the fact that I get Eat Sleep Play confused with Incognito. Aren't they both of a very similar breed? And the fact that they're both in Utah just makes it harder to keep straight :p

Many of ESP's staff came from Incognito.

kenta said:
Where is Dylan Jobe? Is he in Santa Monica now?

I don't even know what his team is called anymore. Some of the people from Incognito stuck around and they've been working on those Warhawk expansions as well as a new game.

gofreak

GAF's Bob Woodward
Sony 'Dog and Pony' sounds like an internal Sony presentation to me, rather than a general media event like Leipzig..

BeeDog

If you check the picture on his blog, you can see that he is connected to a SCEA FTP server. My impeccable powers of deduction tell me that he is uploading the finished Twisted Metal PS3 Demo BluRay image file as we speak.

Wasn't their PS2 game only released earlier this year ?

I can't imagine Twisted Metal PS3 being ready for public showing yet .... probably an internal only demo as said :-/

The last time he really talked about Twisted Metal on the PS3 (which was earlier this year), it really didn't sound like they were too far along with it. So unless they're just going to show some CG trailer to show what the concept is then I doubt it'll be there.

Twisted Metal was my first game on the PS1 and I've loved it ever since, except twisted metal 3 & 4. TM Black was great :D

I would LOVE TM on PS3 with online support and trophy support!

kenta

Has no PEINS
Hey does anyone remember when that one celebrity sent out "censored" photos of herself nude? But it turns out Photoshop stores alterations (like blurs/pixelations) in the image files so eventually the pictures were reverse-engineered and we all saw her boobies?

The screenshot Jaffe put up has a little red mark on the taskbar blocking a file name, could we potentially do that same trick to find out what he's trying to cover up?

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
How does ESP work? Are they just a design studio like Mistwalker with no actual programmers? Why would Jaffe have to be in Utah to work on his game?

Dizzan said:

I would love a new TM. An upgrade to HD systems and physics would make that game stupidly fun.

Seriously ... if its as chaotic as Motorstorm, this could be ridiculous. I'm having visions of an ice cream truck blowing up as homing missiles send him flying into the air only to explode on a building which also crumbles.

/salivate

Y2Kev said:
How does ESP work? Are they just a design studio like Mistwalker with no actual programmers? Why would Jaffe have to be in Utah to work on his game?

Jaffe still lives in San Diego. The team is based in Utah though and they do the programming.

Trevelyan

Banned
Fenderputty said:
I would love a new TM. An upgrade to HD systems and physics would make that game stupidly fun.

Seriously ... if its as chaotic as Motorstorm, this could be ridiculous. I'm having visions of an ice cream truck blowing up as homing missiles send him flying into the air only to explode on a building which also crumbles.

/salivate
Twisted Metal Black 2 using the Motorstorm 2 engine would amazing for me.

Concept17

TM w/online, and trophy support is what I've been hoping for.

I want a CTF mode where you have to try and steal patients from each otheres insane asylums. One person is a bus, the rest defend said bus, and whoever has the most patients in the end wins! :D

JCreasy

Fenderputty said:

/salivate

I feel as though Warhawk has filled that void for me.

I want more new experiences . . .

Struct09

As much as I love Twisted Metal Black, I'm pretty sure Jaffe has said he highly favors the more cartoon-like style of TM2 and TM Head On. So don't be surprised if TM PS3 isn't as dark as Twisted Metal Black :(

Geek

Ninny Prancer
gofreak said:
Sony 'Dog and Pony' sounds like an internal Sony presentation to me, rather than a general media event like Leipzig..

And this was posted on the 7th, meaning that the dog and pony show would be happening this week, not during Games Convention.

Chris_C

gofreak said:

Same way I read it on the blog. Lots of folks gonna be disappointed methinks.

Concept17

Struct09 said:
As much as I love Twisted Metal Black, I'm pretty sure Jaffe has said he highly favors the more cartoon-like style of TM2 and TM Head On. So don't be surprised if TM PS3 isn't as dark as Twisted Metal Black :(

While Black was definitely the darkest, I don't think TM2 was exactly cartoonish. I think after CAC Jaffe probly wants to stick with the most morbid game as possible. That and he loves his Sweet Tooth. I'm expecting everything to be more epic.

ram

just to remind you, Twisted Metal: head On (PS2) isnt our or announced in europe - but it is rumored some time ago, to come over here.

JCreasy said:
I feel as though Warhawk has filled that void for me.

I want more new experiences . . .

I like Warhawk. I've since moved on, but feel as though its a good game.

In no way though, does warhawk feel like a TM. Tanks, planes, jeeps and foot soldiers does not even seem close to the vehicular chaos that only a TM can bring. Plus ... I just couldn't pass on the idea of an HD Sweet Tooth.

I also want new experiences as well, but Sony need to bring some of these old classic IP's to the new system. These are game people know and want. These games draw attention to the system. Plus, I feel like we've mostly been given new IP's so far on the PS3.

btkadams

how long have they been developing? if all they plan to make is PSN games, then they are taking way too long... especially if they're still in early development?

btkadams said:
how long have they been developing? if all they plan to make is PSN games, then they are taking way too long... especially if they're still in early development?

They aren't making small games anymore.

Top Bottom