• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Mega Man 9 Thread of 8-bit Goodn *explodes*

duckroll

Okay, this is a simple thread for a simple game.

Title: Mega Man 9
Release Date: WiiWare (22 Sept), PSN (25 Sept), XBLA (1 Oct)
Price: 10 bucks

Features:

- 8-bit action platformer
- 8 fearsome 8-bit bosses each with a fearsome 8-bit stage
- 8-bit music
- Rock and Roll

Thread Rules:

- No trolling 8-bit visuals. Don't like the style? There are other threads to whine in.
- No trolling DLC. Think it's a ripoff? There are other threads to whine in.
- No bitching about the game being late on your system. Annoyed by a delayed launch? There are other threads to whine in.
- No complaining about the difficulty. Think it's too hard for you? Okay I'm just kidding about this on, resume bitching! :)

Now, PLAY ON! :D

211qbte.jpg

kuYuri

Himuro said:
I want this game so bad.

PLEASE RELEASE IT ON DS/PSP OR SOMETHING

PLEASE

PLEASE

PLEASE

I have no Wii, I can't connect to XBL right now, and I currently don't have a ps3.

ARGH

lol

Anony

might as well repost here

on wii, it displays at 480i, i have my wii hooked up via vga+crt so i cant play it
if 360/ps3 verison doesnt render at 480i, the guy who made the the decision to make wii verison 480i needs to be fired

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
Himuro said:
When I get my ps3 next month this is the first thing I'm going to get from psn.
Well you're also gonna want WipeOut and the massive array of PSN you've missed. But yes, the 2 day wait for me is killing me on this.

Pacman2k

The wait is killing me.

And I just reorganized my network due to new att uverse nonsense I got installed on Saturday.

My wireless doesn't work yet, DNS problems, so my PS3 is offline.

Here's to hoping I can get enough time away from Resistance 2 to go fix my network in time to download MM9 on Day 1. :p

Himuro said:
I want this game so bad.

PLEASE RELEASE IT ON DS/PSP OR SOMETHING

PLEASE

PLEASE

PLEASE

I have no Wii, I can't connect to XBL right now, and I currently don't have a ps3.

ARGH

take your 360 to a friends place. hook it up. download the game.

if your gamertag is also an issue, create a new one.

ChazAshley

CharAznable's second cousin
got it, absolutely loving it. I love how they reused some old mega man songs (made me near cry it did)

for the people who complained about lack of charge and slide, you really don't notice it as you're playing. You're having too much fun firing the regular buster to care.

Although I haven't downloaded protoman yet, it's STILL worth 12 bucks. I'd probably pay 30 bucks for this game.

markatisu

Got it and love it, action is smooth and graphics are so much more colorful and brighter than the old NES games so it really highlights the retro visuals

Rlan

How does the save system work on the WiiWare version - if there IS some sort of save system? Is there a game+ at the end, allowing you to go through any level with the weapons already equipped? What happens when it's game over?

thefro

Really awesome game... should be better than Mega Man 2 unless the final stages are crap. I've played through all the stages until a game over and the first time through I only got to Concrete Man.

Did beat Galaxy Man (incredible stage), so 1 boss is done.

Lots of really cool new gameplay mechanics.

Rlan said:
How does the save system work on the WiiWare version - if there IS some sort of save system? Is there a game+ at the end, allowing you to go through any level with the weapons already equipped? What happens when it's game over?

8 different save slots and you can save after you get a "game over" or beat a stage.

You can go through levels again after you've beaten them, at least through the first 8 stages.

There's also a "Time Attack" mode, so I assume you can use all the weapons in that as you get them.

Syril

Does it have any of those excruciating ride chaser-esque levels that are exercises in frustrating memorization?

thefro said:
8 different save slots and you can save after you get a "game over" or beat a stage.

You can go through levels again after you've beaten them, at least through the first 8 stages.
what if you hit home? some VC games seem to pause when you got to the wii menu

Idioteque

I've never been a mega man fan, but this game is alot fun. Also very addicting. So far I've beaten Galaxy Man and Concrete Man. I like that you can buy items. makes the game easier and less frustrating.

I'd be lying if I said I wasn't interested in this game, but if it's too damn I would be more frustrated with the game then anything else

RurouniZel

Asks questions so Ezalc doesn't have to
This game has rocked my socks and made me feel like a kid again!

THIS is what quality gaming is all about!

Eteric Rice

I have to say it's hard as hell. Only beat Galaxy Man so far.

But man, it's nice to play a game that's challenging in a good, fun way. Mostly with modern games I just say "fuck it" and it ends up on my shelf. Not this game. :D

jibblypop

Banned
This is the game I was waiting for!!!

Getting this and Castle Crashers in the same week has just renewed my faith in videogames!

TheCardPlayer

Likes to have "friends" around to "play cards" with
The best game in the classic series, this game rocked my socks harder than anything else this year. Easily the platformer of the year and certainly the best game I played for a very long time.

jman2050

nincompoop said:
Just a minor gripe, but given how difficult the rest of the game was, the Wily Stage bosses sure were pushovers .

I was very thankful for this, given that the Wily Stages cranked the difficulty up a notch. Very similar to how the Wily Castle in MM2 tore you a new asshole.

sitting down with MM9 this afternoon will probably go down as the weirdest moment in my gaming life. i honestly felt like i was playing something from my past that never really existed. i could just be my inner-nerd freaking out over retro fanservice, but either way this is one of those once in a lifetime events (if you're a hardcore gamer)

NeonZ

I've never been a fan of Megaman's NES games (Well, never played 2, so I might try that if it's supposed to be as good as this game), but I have had fun with this.

Proc

I just replayed Mega Man 2 and now I am good to fucking go. Wii version seems like the right way to go.

yeb

Is/will there be a demo? I'd prefer the 360 version, but I'd really want to try it out first because of the d-pad.

Teknoman

yeb said:
Is/will there be a demo? I'd prefer the 360 version, but I'd really want to try it out first because of the d-pad.

Sure, the trial version on 360. Maybe a trial of some sort for PS3. Wii version? Nope.

Pachinko

Awesome game is awesome and fuckballs hard too! I tried each stage and managed to beat only galaxy mans level, I did atleast get to the mini bosses for jewel and magma man and got the checkpoint in splash womans stage but as for the rest? no luck. It's not bad design at all but it seems perfectly built to be as hard as it can be while still be doable and fair(unlike say most of megaman x 6's stages or a couple of the megaman 7 and 8 levels.

Anyone on this blue earth who likes megaman should be leapfrogging to their console of choice to purchase it as soon as able.

Fuu

Formerly Alaluef (not Aladuf)
duckroll said:
Thread Rules:

- No trolling 8-bit visuals. Don't like the style? There are other threads to whine in.
- No trolling DLC. Think it's a ripoff? There are other threads to whine in.
- No bitching about the game being late on your system. Annoyed by a delayed launch? There are other threads to whine in.
- No complaining about the difficulty. Think it's too hard for you? Okay I'm just kidding about
Thank you.

duckroll said:
Now, PLAY ON! :D
Yes!

Taichu

I just bought the Roll costume in the shop. What the heck does it do? It doesn't seem to be a costume for Megaman?

Echoes

Finished the 8 robots and currently in the first Wily's stage. So awesome. At first it was so damn hard, but after memorizing the patterns it became "less" difficult. Not that I complain, I really was having tons of fun even though I kept on dying again and again (and still) :lol

Hope I can finish it before my Wii blows off.

I can't play it on my GDM-FW900 because the game only outputs 480i on the Wii. :lol

It really is old school. Anyway, time to move it to the big TV then.

Top Bottom