• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MS lose 21,600 X360 because of train derailment. Engineer: What have I done? D:

fanboi

Banned
Shipment sent in USA for transfer to Hong Kong was derailed, so now they are going for my company:

Link

Shortage incoming in Hong Kong? :|

industrian

will gently cradle you as time slowly ticks away.
The train derailed because it left the station too early. You know, to get a headstart on the trains carrying the Wiis and PS3s.

pr0cs

Well if they were all dead/refurb consoles then it's for the better, saves them digging a giant grave for the seemingly endless corpses.
IMO they should skip the endless refurb rehashes anyway, just keeps perpetuating the notion that the 360 is unreliable. 2 refurbs returned = brand new console for customer IMO.

Baha

industrian said:
The train derailed because it left the station too early. You know, to get a headstart on the trains carrying the Wiis and PS3s.

XBOX 360 Train, traveling 70 miles per hour (mph), leaves Westford heading toward Eastford, 260 miles away. At the same time PS3 Train, traveling 60 mph, leaves Eastford heading toward Westford. When do both trains meet? Which train's cargo will reach 100 million first?

MrHicks

Banned
Baha said:
XBOX 360 Train, traveling 70 miles per hour (mph), leaves Westford heading toward Eastford, 260 miles away. At the same time PS3 Train, traveling 60 mph, leaves Eastford heading toward Westford. When do both trains meet? Which train's cargo will reach 100 million first?

Bush%20confused%2021_a.jpg

Dunlop

Baha said:

neither as both end up getting Wiirailed

ok, I won't quit my day job yet

freddy

Banned
I think the train driver should have heeded those 3 flashing red lights trackside and wrapped it in a towel to shut the engine down.

Edit: badly beaten by my failing eyes

Tntnnbltn

Baha said:
Which train's cargo will reach 100 million first?
The PS3 Train. It traverses the fourth dimension to reach it's destination first.

(Alternate answer: the Wii train. It moves at the speed of light.)

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
freddy said:
I think the train driver should have heeded those 3 flashing red lights trackside and wrapped it in a towel to shut the engine down.
You were beat badly on that one :lol :lol :lol :lol

And dcharlie, get you xboat ass in here now and save us from oblivion!!!!!

Ranger X

It would have been either they RROD and come back or the train derail and they come back anyways. They actually saved time.

shagg_187 said:
Guess no one read the topic. This happened last year. Exactly a year AFTER the incident, Microsoft sues DHL. Pretty late at suing, right?

they gave them time to pay back the damages and DHL is refusing

Jive Turkey

Unconfirmed Member
I don't get how this is DHL's fault. They just buy space on the train they don't operate it. Southern Pacific or Union Pacific would be at fault if anybody in the shipping process were to blame.

Slavik81

Jive Turkey said:
I don't get how this is DHL's fault. They just buy space on the train they don't operate it. Southern Pacific or Union Pacific would be at fault if anybody in the shipping process were to blame.
It isn't their fault, but they're responsible for it. I'd presume it would work something like this:

The customer doesn't sue or negotiate with a subcontractor they've never dealt with for an issue. Its unlikely for Microsoft to know the details of DHL's contract with the rail company. Microsoft sues the contractor (DHL) who then determines if a subcontractor (Railway) is at fault, and subsequently negotiates with or sues them.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Baha said:
The trains meet after 2 hours, 140 miles east of westford and 120 miles west of eastford. Nether ever reach 100 million because they crashed and the companies started the 8th gen to soon.

Top Bottom