• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Snoopy Flying Ace Trailer of Surprising Awesomeness

No_Style

http://www.gametrailers.com/player/42423.html

I said "Wow!". The flying reminds me of Warhawk.

Hero of Legend said:
Fact:

The game is for Wii and 360, as Clark Stacy from Smart Bomb confirmed to me a good while back (when Bee Movie game was around the corner) that they were working on a Wii and 360 game.

Possible info:

Wii version supports 480p, 16:9, and runs in 60 frames. And MAYBE in Dolby Pro Logic II.

I'll have to contact him again for clarification.

Oh, and that both versions are made side-by-side so neither of them are being "shoehorned" into another.

Hero of Legend said:
One more thing.

Both versions will be out early next year!

Now, bear with me as this was told to me back in March, so any change in plans isn't out of the question!

Edit: Here's ANOTHER bit:

Both versions will have "important design differences between the two".

I don't have a clue about what that meant exactly.

Fact:

The game is for Wii and 360, as Clark Stacy from Smart Bomb confirmed to me a good while back (when Bee Movie game was around the corner) that they were working on a Wii and 360 game.

Possible info:

Wii version supports 480p, 16:9, and runs in 60 frames. And MAYBE in Dolby Pro Logic II.

I'll have to contact him again for clarification.

Oh, and that both versions are made side-by-side so neither of them are being "shoehorned" into another.

One more thing.

Both versions will be out early next year!

Now, bear with me as this was told to me back in March, so any change in plans isn't out of the question!

Edit: Here's ANOTHER bit:

Both versions will have "important design differences between the two".

I don't have a clue about what that meant exactly.

JohnTinker

Limbaugh Parrot
I don't mind violence in games, but I really don't know what to think about Peanuts characters wielding guns, even in this cartoony style

Blueblur1

Joe Shlabotnik said:
I'm going to rent the shit out of this.
sopwith.gif

Only a rent when you're sporting that avatar? :lol

Blueblur1 said:
sopwith.gif

Only a rent when you're sporting that avatar? :lol
Well, we'll see about price. There is nothing more awesome than Snoopy but there a lot of things more awesome than a sort-of-maybe-decent $60 videogame.

woxel1

Joe Shlabotnik said:
Well, we'll see about price. There is nothing more awesome than Snoopy but there a lot of things more awesome than a sort-of-maybe-decent $60 videogame.
Quoted for truth.

Metroidvania

People called Romanes they go the house?
Wow @ the trailer, I was not expecting anything as put together as what I saw.

Will wait to see how this does, but wouldn't be surprised with a buy if good, especially for the wii.

StoOgE

First tragedy, then farce.
that looks pretty cool, but I thought it was an XBLA game :(

Dont know about 60 bucks for it.

turk128

This looks surprisingly good. If they play their cards right, they can turn it into a nice little franchise.

HUELEN10

I can't believe I am saying this. That looks AWESOME. Little embarrassing though, I am 20 years old. Fuck the haters, Snoopy is timeless! Can't wait to see more!

Dash Kappei

Not actually that important
HUELEN10 said:
I can't believe I am saying this. That looks AWESOME. Little embarrassing though, I am 20 year sold. Fuck the haters, Snoopy is timeless! Can't wait to see more!

Well I'm $31 and yet I agree that looks coolio

I got the Snoopy vs the Red Baron game. No regrets on it either. A pretty fun (if a bit easy) flying game, and great use of the license. Will probably buy this too.

Looks cool enough. Like a cross between Crimson Skies and the platforming aesthetic of Psychonauts. (Not saying either sections will play like those games. We'll see.)

Trailer had about 30 seconds too much gameplay footage though. The music got repetitive and so did the gootage. Sold me on playing thru a demo at least though. Looks fun :D

Jazzem

HUELEN10 said:
I can't believe I am saying this. That looks AWESOME. Little embarrassing though, I am 20 years old. Fuck the haters, Snoopy is timeless! Can't wait to see more!

If anything a lot of the Peanuts humour (in the comic strips at least) is aimed more at adults, not necessarily in a risque sort of way but the jokes can be pretty clever and irreverent at times.

I love Snoopy in any case, looking forward to seeing how this turns out :)

rezuth

The more I think about it, would it not be awesome of Nintendo made a game like this but with Mario and the whole Mushroom kingdom stuff. I think that is what Nintendo really should be doing, trying to expand.

Tempy

don't ask me for codes
Looks like a surprisingly amount of effort was put into this - not like a "Here's the X license, make some kind of game with it within 6 months"-type of game.

Keeping an eye open on this.

I want to be clear on something here.

As I said, this was all told to me back in March, so they could've decided to not say, add DPLII or 16:9, etc in the Wii version.

Hell, they might have even decided by now to make a PS3 version for all I know.

I just don't want to be sic by the dogs of war here if I do turn out to be wrong here!

I provided my very source, so I not going to be classed as a liar... I hope.

I wonder what positive reaction would happen if I'm indeed right about everything? :p

Now, I was lied to (or at least something differed from what I was told by a dev) once before, that was by Torus telling me that Indie would support DPLII. but the logo wasn't on the box, so they might've pulled the feature at the last minute?

Top Bottom