• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

I am selling my 360 HDD to Gamestop and have some questions that need answering.

HUELEN10

If I trade it in to GS, I get 17 USD in credit with the coupon I have, while eBay and selling it to friends would get me 20 USD, minus shipping fees so it is about the same amount.

I have NXE Installed on my 360 (Pray we early installers don't get banned! Will we?!?!?!?!?!?!?)

I also have a 256MB Memory Unit to which I have copied all my profiles, themes, games and save data that I wanted EXCEPT for Viva Pinata which could not copy. Why is this?

Nothing from System items could be copied, not even "Rights Database". Does this mean that when I get my new HDD (And supposing MS does not ban us NXE users from live, GULP), I will NOT be able to download my content back? If not, what can I do?

I wish I knew more on the subject, but all the people I asked have given me mixed replies. Hopefully you can put my fears to rest before I get my 60GB in the mail.

Your content from Live is tied to your system serial number, so you should be able to re-download everything you've ever bought if you can't transfer by memory card to your new hard drive. As for Viva Pinata, sometimes you can't copy game saves. Animal Crossing was that way on GameCube. It's just how it is sometimes. As for the NXE, I don't think they'll ban anyone for using it early with the leaked version, but if you're worried about it don't log back into Live until the 19th.

HUELEN10

The Faceless Master said:
your friends are only willing to pay $20?

and yes, the transfer cable will move things that a memory card can't copy.
On second thought, Viva Pinata is an acceptable loss. I cannot move the "Rights Database though" Does this mean I cannot re-download my content?

HUELEN10 said:
On second thought, Viva Pinata is an acceptable loss. I cannot move the "Rights Database though" Does this mean I cannot re-download my content?
the rights database is for video playback rights afaik, and it will rebuild itself if it's not there.

HUELEN10

the_zombie_luke said:
Your content from Live is tied to your system serial number, so you should be able to re-download everything you've ever bought it you can't transfer by memory card to your new hard drive. As for Viva Pinata, sometimes you can't copy game saves. Animal Crossing was that way on GameCube. It's just how it is sometimes. As for the NXE, I don't think they'll ban anyone for using it early with the leaked version, but if you're worried about it don't log back into Live until the 19th.
Roomie accidentally connect the ethernet once. now I am scared...
The Faceless Master said:
the rights database is for video playback rights afaik, and it will rebuild itself if it's not there.
Good to know.

Susurrus

Get 120GB hard drive first, use transfer cable, then sell 20GB hard drive.

That's it. You're done. You don't have to relicense anything (assuming you're using the same console), and everything will transfer (& remove it from old hard drive).

After the transfer is done and you attach your 120 GB hard drive, it will look the same as if you still had your 20GB attached, except for the fact you'll have gained 100GB.

HUELEN10

Barkley's Justice said:
wow, a whole $17, huh?

the time you invest into your question at minimum wage will be more than that.
It is 17 USD either way. If I trade this in, my 60GB that is coming in the mail will end up costing 40 USD. Not bad right?

Top Bottom