• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Cyberpunk themed games?

Whatever happened to this once popular setting for games. I'm currently replaying Snatcher, and I really miss the cyberpunk/80s vibe.

We have a disgusting amount of Sci-Fi games, but it's like nobody even is trying to attempt a futuristic dystopia that's oozing with style in the likes Syndicate, System Shock, Blade Runner, Onikron etc.

Maybe Dues Ex 3 will deliver on this, at least I can hope right?

Shadowrun for the Genesis remains one of my top favorite games, along with Snatcher. I'd love to see a good return to the genre.

CiSTM

Banned
I miss Cyberpunk too :(

I still don't understand why this hasn't been translated to a video game
o05kc3.jpg

Anyway every Cyberpunk fan should give Dreamweb a chance. Probably my favorite Cyberpunk game.

egqy6d.jpg

2l9rrk7.png
wwdszr.png
2ryms6b.gif

CiSTM

Banned
iDoubleSpy said:
http://i244.photobucket.com/albums/gg7/IDoubleSpy/Anachronoxcover.jpg[IMG]

Nothing beats it, not even Deus EX.

[url]http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anachronox[/url]

It's a hard game to find, if your interested in "getting" a copy, PM me.

RPG based Cyberpunk that has a detailed world and is just amazing overall.[/QUOTE]

Really great game. Never understood why it went so unnoticed.

CiSTM

Banned
iDoubleSpy said:
I'm interested in the game you posted. Any details on how to "get" it ;)

I don't think there is any easy ways to obtain it :( I have owened the Amiga version since early 90's and I bought the DOS versio from Ebay.

PantherLotus said:
Shadowrun is the clear winner here.

The SNES one is the only decent "Shadowrun" game.

I was told the Genesis version gets really good if you can beat yourself passed the horrible controls, mechanics, camera.

Lets not talk about the 360/PC game either :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol

CiSTM said:
I don't think there is any easy ways to obtain it :( I have owened the Amiga version since early 90's and I bought the DOS versio from Ebay.

No way of "giving me" it?

..if your catching my drift

Hunter D

iDoubleSpy said:
The SNES one is the only decent "Shadowrun" game.

I was told the Genesis version gets really good if you can beat yourself passed the horrible controls, mechanics, camera.

Lets not talk about the 360/PC game either :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol

Shadowrun FPS is a great game.

Kritz

Banned
CiSTM said:

It's a fun game. I owned it about 10 years ago, and I don't know what happened to the disc. I think I gave it to a friend and he never gave it back.

I got stuck at one point for about a week, and never got passed the point. It was probably a bit after I got into the apartment.

iDoubleSpy said:

it's like $10 or $15 shipped on ebay, worth every penny. Great blend of JRPG-esque gameplay with witty and smart Western dialogue in a totally unique and bizzare universe.

One of the reasons it didn't get that much notice when it came out was that Ion Storm collapsed like RIGHT afterwards, was never a stunner in terms of looks,and had a somewhat truncated story that is in dire need of a sequel or proper final act. Critics loved it, everyone else looked at it, couldn't size it up, and played whatever shooty game they could get their hands on.

There's also a Shadowrun game for the SegaCD, it even had dice rolls if I recall.
CiSTM said:
Really great game. Never understood why it went so unnoticed.
Because the game part plays like a shitty JRPG done by westerners. Still one of my favorite games though.

iDoubleSpy said:
I'm just not saying the word itself. I don't know how NeoGAF stands on piracy, but damn some games are hard to find.

I don't know GAF's stand on OOP games piracy but the fact that buying this from an eBay user used or new will do the publisher no good at all.

Of course, from a moral point of view, pirating any game is offensive to me, but as he says - some games are a bitch to find if you missed their limited run of prints.

Mindlog

Altered Carbon and Co. still have an outstanding movie option iirc.

A shitty licensed game will probably get made if that ever happens.

sykoex

Lost all credibility.
tahrikmili said:
I don't know GAF's stand on OOP games piracy but the fact that buying this from an eBay user used or new will do the publisher no good at all.

Of course, from a moral point of view, pirating any game is offensive to me, but as he says - some games are a bitch to find if you missed their limited run of prints.
If you pirate instead of buying it used even, that's still de-valuing the actual game. It's sort of the same principle as inflation.

sykoex said:
If you pirate instead of buying it used even, that's still de-valuing the actual game. It's sort of the same principle as inflation.

Can you devalue an item that's pretty much no longer available for sale?

tahrikmili said:

I find myself still buying games that are out of print and usually at like a flee market or ebay.

Most recent obscure purchase was Full Throttle:D

iDoubleSpy said:
I find myself still buying games that are out of print and usually at like a flee market or ebay.

Most recent obscure purchase was Full Throttle:D

So do I, I'm just questioning GAF's stand on the matter..

My last obscure purchase was.. let me see.. Delphine's Cruise for a Corpse I think.

Top Bottom