• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GDC: Level-5 sales data for all their games and presentation stills

Good japanese friend GameWatch did some photos of the GDC event from Level-5, here is their full report with quite a few pics of the presentation (in english that is):
http://game.watch.impress.co.jp/docs/news/20090329_80129.html

For those interested in sales:
gdcl503.jpg

No, I didn't put the butterfly there :/

PD: Its 1,590,000 for Layton US/EU

thaOwner

Wow, Dragon Quest really is HUGE and man look at Layton go. Is possible that White Knight Story has sold over 500 K worldwide ?

Zoe

chandoog said:
Dark Cloud 2 sold LESS than Dark Cloud 1 ?

0_o

It's not like there was a huge selection of games when DC1 came out.

Neo-Sheperd said:
Is possible that White Knight Story has sold over 500 K worldwide ?

Maybe if it were actually released worldwide...

thaOwner

lordmrw said:
Hate to break it to you, but its only been released in japan so far.

Wow, what the hell is taking Sony so long then ? I mean this game has been out since somewhere last year and not even a fucking release date has been set for the overseas market ? what the fuck Sony ?

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
Neo-Sheperd said:
Wow, what the hell is taking Sony so long then ? I mean this game has been out since somewhere last year and not even a fucking release date has been set for the overseas market ? what the fuck Sony ?

AF5SzxO.gif

Johann

Neo-Sheperd said:

It's possible that they are going to add a significant amount to the NA version, similar to Rogue Galaxy.

Ah! Butterfly!

thaOwner

Stumpokapow said:
:D

Am not mad or nothing. I just find it funny how a lot of PS3 owners want more RPG's on their console and would take anything at this point and Sony are just sitting on this thing with no release in site. I just checked some site and last time there was a preview was in October last year and that's about it.

Also, it looks like it might actually be a decent RPG since it managed to score an 8 from Eurogamer. via an import copy.

Johann said:
It's possible that they are going to add a significant amount to the NA version, similar to Rogue Galaxy.

Ah! Butterfly!

Well that would be cool I guess but at least an update on the title would be nice.

jts

...hate me...
Layton seems to do really well in the West, better than in Japan even, so where the hell are our sequels? :mad:

BuRT!

Neo-Sheperd said:

I'm pretty sure it was released on christmas day, which isn't THAT long ago.

RpgN

Thanks for sharing the sales info, I expected more from Rogue Galaxy. But I do remember it coming 2 years in EU after Japan, also late in the US.

WNC numbers look really good, last time checked it was over 315k in famitsu. Pretty much a total sell-through.

Those Layton numbers are doing amazing @_@ Inazume eleven has some great legs, I never expected it would end up there.

And I'm pretty sad about Jeanne d'Arc since I'm playing it atm and enjoying my time a lot. It's obvious that Sony overshipped the game in the US and expected better. I remember it sold 50k or something in its first month? Hopefully Ushiro will perform better overall now with psp's 'resurrection' and all.

lordmrw

Urban Scholar said:
No wonder we may not see Inazuma Eleven in the West

you realize Inazuma Eleven has done that number over the last few months? It continues to sell a few thousand copies every week whereas the vast(seriously, like 70-80%) of games over there die after 2 or 3 weeks.

thaOwner

anddo0 said:
Those Jeanne d'Arc numbers are pretty low. The game deserved better :(
Here is a number showing how many times this was downloaded from a torrent site:

Let me be generous and multiply this number by only 10 you get: 154470. Mind you, there are hundreds of these site with new ones been created everyday. So yeah...

firex

it feels weird seeing them claim DQ8. I guess technically they get to claim it and Square Enix gets to claim it, too, but the reason it's good, unlike every other Level 5 game I've played, is because of DQ's trio of gaming geniuses.

RpgN

Joni said:
Also deserved a Euro release as I'm too lazy to import.

That it did, I was lucky our local gameshop was/is offering it for 20 euros. I'd say get it, it's really a nice game you can try. Lovely story, good presentation and a little different rules for a strategy game. Many Gaffers said it's an easy game, but I'm not sure about that now. But then again I hardly train at the optional stages (I'm at stage 12 btw).

GCX

stuburns said:
I think DQ9 will sell better than any of them.
Yep, very possible.

I also expect Ni No Kuni to become a big success in Japan. Well of course not DQ9 big but still pretty huge.

manueldelalas

Time Traveler
Wow! Layton is doing really well in Europe because I don't think it has sold more than 600k in NA.

Also, when are they releasing Inazuma??? That's one of my most expected games ever.

StuBurns

Banned
GCX said:
Yep, very possible.

I also expect Ni No Kuni to become a big success in Japan. Well of course not DQ9 big but still pretty huge.
Of course yeah, I don't think it'll do DQ9 numbers because of the book, I'm guessing it'll be carrying a serious price tag and it's not really going to be that portable, but it'll do insanely well. The Wii version might even do better though.

Nolan.

I thought wkc would probably be near 500k by now. Not bad numbers though with that said. Anyway i'd like to play this game soon so hopefully sony gets it to the west soon.

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
stuburns said:
Of course yeah, I don't think it'll do DQ9 numbers because of the book, I'm guessing it'll be carrying a serious price tag and it's not really going to be that portable, but it'll do insanely well. The Wii version might even do better though.

Wii Version better than the DS one ? In Japan ? I don`t think so :D

@Layton Numbers

:eek:

StuBurns

Banned
cw_sasuke said:
Wii Version better than the DS one ? In Japan ? I don`t think so :D
Maybe you're right, though I think last year the Wii software sales for a big title were about the same as DS, it certainly had more games in the top ten.

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
stuburns said:
Maybe you're right, though I think last year the Wii software sales for a big title were about the same as DS, it certainly had more games in the top ten.

In Japan ?

@Inazuma Eleven

If Nintendo would publish in in EU and they would bring the anime over this games could be epic here. In US - nor so much xD

thaOwner

Nolan. said:
I thought wkc would probably be near 500k by now. Not bad numbers though with that said. Anyway i'd like to play this game soon so hopefully sony gets it to the west soon.
Considering its a new IP and doesn't have "Final Fantasy" in its title, that's very good for a struggling genre.

StuBurns

Banned
cw_sasuke said:
In Japan ?
Yep

01. Monster Hunter Portable 2nd G (PSP)
02. Pokemon Platinum (DS)
03. Wii Fit (Wii)
04. Mario Kart Wii (Wii)
05. Super Smash Bros. Brawl (Wii)
06. Rhythm Tengoku Gold (DS)
07. Dragon Quest V (DS)
08. Hoshi no Kirby: Ultra Super Deluxe (DS)
09. Animal Crossing City Folk (Wii)
10. Wii Sports (Wii)

Top Bottom