• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

And Yet It Moves Thread of Dizziness and Ripped Paper

Spy

2j31yko.jpg

Genre: Indie | Platformer
Platform: PC | Mac
Availability: Steam | Greenhouse
Price: $14.99

23s8ly.png

And Yet It Moves is centered around the enhancement of players' abilities in a 2D platformer. Its core mechanism is the power to turn the world in 90 degrees intervals any time the user chooses to. This has clear implications on the game environment: walls become floors, tunnels may suddenly be used as downward slides and a stone resting on the ground may fall, becoming either a dangerous obstacle or useful object for catapulting.

To successfully progress through a level, a player must apply the physical consequences of rotating the world to the avatar, and to other moving objects, like stones, drops of water and branches, as well as to living things, such as bats, monkeys and much more.

2h6y80m.png

2n65180.png

Spy

I purchased this game yesterday and enjoyed it quite a bit. I think it's going to be a sleeper hit which is a bit disappointing.

I wonder if anyone else bought this game through the Indie Pack Steam sale? I just played a good 30 minutes of it and it's surprisingly good. Like really good.
The 90 degree turning mechanic gives it a unique feel and allows the leveldesign to be pretty clever. It's quite rewarding to figure your way through the levels and even though I cannot always comprehend how I'm dying from some falls and not from others it never gets frustrating, because there are checkpoints everywhere.
So yeah...I definitely agree with the post above me -- it's also bundled with four other Indie games for just 20 bucks on Steam right now.

Uh, is there not any love for this game? I just tried the game and it's amazing. The last game I completed was Braid, so I may give this is a go.

The lack of replies in this thread is a crime against humanity.

Ledsen

I tried it for about 15 mins, the gameplay was ok but the art style was so hideous that it completely turned me off the game. Reminded me of the 90's and Fido Dido guy:

fido_dido5.jpg

Top Bottom