• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Akinator, the freakiest online "game" you'll ever play.

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's not really a game, though. Akinator is some kind of bot that asks you a whole bunch of questions and tries to guess your character -- REAL OR FICTION.

http://en.akinator.com/

I was sent this link by a friend. He's swears up and down about how scary it was. Here's his message to me:

"The thing looked really desperate around the 20th question or so. Like 95% of my answers were no. Finally, the last few questions really freaked me out. The minute he asked "Is your character from a video game?" I was like oh shit.

Still, he got it wrong in the end. It was pretty close though, considering I was thinking of Sigurd. He gave me Marth."

Second attempt: "HOLY FUCKING SHIT ON A SANDWICH!!!!!! The last few questions were so vague. I was laughing thinking he's never get it. When the answer was revealed, my jaws dropped. I was thinking of Ark from Terranigma. Although I did sign up my name as Terranigma Freak... I wonder if that helped him out.

BTW, I defeated this bot. I was thinking of Catalina from Uncharted Waters New Horizon (the bot gave my Roll). Too bad I had to screw it up in the end by adding her to the list. I was actually surprised Catalina's name even showed up on the list when I merely typed Catalina into it.

Go try it out if you're curious.

Jak140

Beat it on the first try. Wasn't even close. I said the character was from a novel and it guessed a character from Guitar Hero. What? :lol

Beat his ass again, couldn't even guess Timmy (Newt's brother in Aliens).

The amount of times he tried asked whether it was a girl was pretty stupid.

Costanza

Banned
I beat it first try. Was thinking of Jamal from Slumdog Millionaire and the thing guessed a character from Bridget Jones Diary...

Old.

I can make it guess the wrong thing too. Like... just now... I was thinking about my dad's girlfriend and it said my neighbor

USD

Fuck, even got Dr. Tenma from Monster. I did fuck him up with Martin Luther King Jr., which I thought would have been easy to get.

fuckinghell.jpg

I actually said fucking hell outloud when it started asking me "Does your characer rub shoulders with vampires?". Its spooky. I'm going to beat this thing....

EDIT - Beat it with "Mobius the time-streamer" from the same series.

this guy

He guessed the Kool-Aid Man in (I think) 15 questions. I will beat this thing again!

EDIT: He didn't guess Jack from Bioshock, although that was one of his other guesses.

Okay fuck him, he hasn't guessed 5 different people. He got close when I went with William 'Wild Bill' Guarnere and he guessed Dick Winters from Band of Brothers, but still, no dice.

god dammit he guessed the guy from gta3. i didn't even know his name was claude. what the fuck.

oh COME ON. even the doom guy. fuck this shit man.

AND THE LONE WANDERER. CHRIST.

guh finally. beat him with roberto luongo

Kipe

Beatrix Kiddo was guessed right. The questions the site was asking didn't seem like they had a clue.

El Papa

Holy shit, got Vampire Hunter D right.

edit: My next character was Pip from Great Expectations, I wasn't expecting it to guess right and it didn't, but the list of characters at the end included Pip, was was like, whoa.

Kipe

Damn, Lone Wolf and Cub didn't stump the website. Almost had Gamera, second on their list, but they picked Alien instead.

jasonng

I figured he would be able to guess Ignatius Riley but I'm not exactly sure how he got there with the questions he was asking.

EDIT: hmm, he couldn't figure out Cooking Mama.

Suikoguy

I whinny my fervor lowly, for his length is not as great as those of the Hylian war stallions
Oh wow
He guessed boney from mother 3

I was thinking Phoebe Caulfield and it guessed Scout Finch. Kinda close, but no cigar.

It did get Holden fairly easily though.

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
Haha! I guessed Michael Weston from Burn Notice and got Jensen Ackles :D .

durendal

He got Motoko Kusanagi --> Bruce Dickenson --> Blaze Bayley --> Paul Gilbert

Finally got him with Bill Hudson.

Admittedly these were obvious. Blaze Bayley surprised me. It must keep track of your previous games for trends because the questions were in no way conclusive enough.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom