• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rumor: Uncharted 2 has... MULTIPLAYER? Holy. Shit.

Wollan

Video content is:

- Singleplayer is singleplayer
- Co-op missions are separate.
- Competitive multiplayer mode.

ND, Please take strong use of the athletic abilities in competitive mode. That will be the greatest differentiator to the competition out there.
Make it a vertical experience.

Ether_Snake

安安安安安安安安安安安安安安安
Not surprising, you seem to meet the girl at the very beginning of the game, and it makes sense since they made her pretty much equal to Drake. So expect some RE5 in UC2.

And that guy in the video is really annoying.

Yeah, Sony's gonna be pissed about this leaking.

Anyway, it's supposed to be separate from the main single player mission so it's no big deal.

DMeisterJ

Banned
Sorry for the caps:

WHY THE FUCK DOES EVERYONE WANT MP?

Uncharted: Drake's Fortune was fine without it, why do people want ND to change what is not broken...

Please stop wishing for Multi-player.

Xav

corkscrewblow said:
Will probably be as shitty as Gears MP :/
I can't imagine Naughty Dog screwing up to the point where multi-player flat out don't work for the first couple of months.

Tom Penny

DMeisterJ said:
Sorry for the caps:

Uncharted: Drake's Fortune was fine without it, why do people want ND to change what is not broken...

More features in a game definitely sucks :/

thuway

DMeisterJ said:
Sorry for the caps:

Umm... if it makes people trade it in less, than I'm all for it.

lowrider007

Licorice-flavoured booze?
DMeisterJ said:
Sorry for the caps:

Signed.

If the SP campaign isn't up to scratch I'm blaming CO-OP and I'm also blaming the people that demanded CO-OP !!!

kenta

Has no PEINS
My gut instinct is to wonder how it would work and therefore dismiss it outright, but I have enough faith in Naughty Dog to get it right that I'll reserve judgment until I know real details

WinFonda

"And developers (Naughty Dog)... no more zombies, please"

"In other news I can't wait for Dead Rising 2 which is on the way and is gonna be CHOCK full of Zombies!"

I lol'd

slider

Rumours rumours. Can anyone fill me in on screwattack? Never heard of them myself.

Anyway, if there is MP, and I'm not sure how I feel about that likelihood, I reckon it'd be well thought out and not just jammed in there. Perhaps something a little different. This conclusion (more a feeling) is based on how polished the first game was.

Narcosis

Uncharted is perfectly fine without MP. The PS3 has enough MP intensive games that they don't need to keep cramming deathmatch into games built around great singleplayer. If PS3 gamers want MP shooters there's a ton of great options already available. Uncharted 1 was well worth the $60 without some stupid deathmatch and capture the flag teabag festivals.

Ether_Snake

安安安安安安安安安安安安安安安
PANIC!!!!!!!!!!

/panic.gif

someone post a panic gif please.

Dachande

Tom Penny said:
More features in a game definitely sucks :/

Yes, it does. It takes away resources from other areas of the game and makes the entire package generally worse off. I want 100% of the effort put into single-player.

Really don't fucking want this. Capcom ballsed up RE5 with this shit already.

Wollan

Singleplayer is singleplayer

Co-op missions are separate.

Competitive multiplayer mode.

That was the video content.

Banned
DMeisterJ said:
Sorry for the caps:

i totally agree with you considering what happened with Res2 where I feel they maybe spent too much time on the multiplayer aspects and not enough on the single-player campaign. I prefer the idea of ND focusing all of its attention on the single-player experience because even if there is a tiny thing wrong with the single-player that I feel could have been avoided with a bit more attention, I will be seriously pissed and MUCH less forgiving if it has Co-Op... Man, I hate co-op.

DMeisterJ

Banned
FFObsessed said:
Site wont load for me, any specific info on what kind of MP?

Nope, just that the multi-player is coming in 2 flavors, co-op and true mp, but the co-op is not linked to the story.

Haunted

Ether_Snake said:
PANIC!!!!!!!!!!

/panic.gif

someone post a panic gif please.
CO-OP? IN MAH UNCHARTED??

killerbunnies.gif

SolidSnakex said:
I'm not even sure why he said that. The guy in the video says that there will be regular multiplayer and co-op that's separate from the main story. So it's nothing like RE5.
Yeah the coop definitely sounded like a Resistance 2 kind of deal.

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
fffffuuuuuuuuuuuuccck co-op.

If you must include it, double the enemies health and clone the main character. Don't stick me with a retarded AI partner if I want to play singleplayer.

Narcosis

thuway said:
You guys really think they will botch the story for MP? This is naughty dog... :lol .

How did most people feel about the campaigns of halo 2 and resistance 2 in comparison to the first games in their series?
:p

Haunted

Kagari said:
THIS. Uncharted 2 doesn't need multiplayer to be a good game.
But does it need it to be a great game?

no it fucking doesn't what kinda stupid question is that

lowrider007

Licorice-flavoured booze?
Wollan said:

That was the video content.

It doesn't matter if it's separate or not, I don't want it in the game, seeing it there will just tell me that they wasted resources that could've been better spent on the core SP campaign.

DO NOT WANT.

Wollan said:

My only concern is that things turn out like Resistance 2, where one mode gets short changed at the expense of another.

Dachande

SolidSnakex said:
The guy in the video says that there will be regular multiplayer and co-op that's separate from the main story. So it's nothing like RE5.

Don't care. I want those people working on the multiplayer portion to work on single player instead to make it as good as it can possibly be. That's the problem here.

Top Bottom