• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox Live Deals of the Week - June 2009

RBH

(following pulled from OXM July 09/#98, pg. 31)

June 8 - June 14:

30% Discount - Gears of War 2 Combustible Map Pack 560/800

June 15 - June 21:

30% Discount - Fallout 3 Operation: Anchorage 560/800

June 22 - June 28:

33% Discount - Super Street Fighter II Turbo HD Remix 840/1200

June 29 - July 5:

30% Discount - Fable II Knothole Island 560/800

credit: LHG Straxus on cheapassgamer.com

So when are these things going to become more significant than "save a few pennies in fake money off of some DLC for a game you may or may not have"?

DuckRacer

Rlan said:
Shouldn't they be doing deals on older stuff rather than stuff that just came out?
All of these things are around 6 months old, they aren't exactly new and fresh. They're a hell of a lot better than Battlestations: Midway DLC, that's for sure.

The only deal that could be considered "bad" is the Gears 2 map pack, but that's only because you can get that, Snowblind, Flashback, Dark Fronts (which has 7 maps), and a new Gears 2 single-player level for $20 in July. Paying $7 for Snowblind by itself when a month later you could get a far better deal is a little dumb.

SSF2HDR gets bought in June.

Anchorage is somewhat tempting, though I'd bite at The Pitt at that price.

Some better deals than what we've been getting recently, but I still think that there should be one DLC and one arcade title discounted per week.

Cynar

TouchMyBox said:
So when are these things going to become more significant than "save a few pennies in fake money off of some DLC for a game you may or may not have"?

I agree, but this time there's at least a deal that's valuable to me and that's the HD remix deal :lol 33% is still kinda low compared to steams deals

Top Bottom