• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Max Payne 3 screens

Jim

From R*. Didn't see them posted yet. I assume these are the same as those in Game Informer.

Edit: Some info too

Max Payne 3 begins 12 years after the events of Max Payne 2, with Max visibly older, more violent, and more world-weary from the events of his own life. Having left the NYPD, Max has been taking odd jobs in security and consulting, and when we find him he is providing personal protection for a wealthy family in Sao Paolo, one of the world's deadliest and most crime-ridden cities. At absolute rock-bottom, Max discovers that trouble still dogs his every step, and he finds himself drawn into the brutal heart of the Brazil's dark underworld.

Max Payne 3 retains many trademarks of its predecessors; a focus on story and character-driven action, a large number of sophisticated weapons with dual-wield capabilities, Bullet-Time, an addiction to painkillers, mature themes and Max's ever-present internal monologue. Max Payne 3 also utilizes Natural Motion and Rockstar's own RAGE engine, working with brand-new particle physics technology to deliver spectacular, highly advanced close-quarters combat, an intelligent cover system, and constantly varied gameplay in every level.

this isn't max payne...

edit: also
5.jpg

=D

Those are the GI pix, alright.

EDIT: Did they release any of the artwork? I like the one with the guy holding the chick hostage. :lol

Rash said:
It barely resembles a Max Payne game. :lol
If I saw these 2 months ago I would never peg them as being from a Max Payne game.
The faux-noir style was what put MP over the top with out it you just have a loose reticle.

Jim

Revolutionary said:
Those are the GI pix, alright.

EDIT: Did they release any of the artwork? I like the one with the guy holding the chick hostage. :lol

Hah, nope. Just these 6 shots so far.

Kifimbo

Rash said:
It barely resembles a Max Payne game. :lol

Indeed. Someone would have posted these screens a month ago without giving a title for the game and no one would have guessed it was Max Payne.

ItsInMyVeins said:
Is this Splinter Cell: Double Agent?

It's Splinter Payne! Or Max Cell! Or Splinter Max Cell....Payne!

Either way, where the hell is that noir look of MP that i grew too love? :|

When the darkness fell, New York City became something else, any old Sinatra song notwithstanding. Bad things happened in the night, on the streets of that other city. Noir York City.

Barakov

I have to see more before making before saying "I will nevah buy this evah". I still hate Max's new design, though.

KZObsessed

This actually makes me sick :lol

Ok no, but it looks terrible and I loved Max Payne. Two of my favorite games ever. I doubt I will be buying this, tho they could still win me over I guess. Maybe. Probably not.

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
looks like a cross between the first chapter of Resident Evil 5 and Uncharted 2 (but visually, much worse)

squicken

OMG an open-world Burnout? It will be terrible. What are you doing Criterion? I know more than you about games don't ruin this franchise!!

Xater

Well so far I am not impressed Rockstar. I get that you want to show off some stuff that wasn't in the previous games but Max Payne is noir you know?

Amir0x

Banned
Looks fantastic. All I need is that classic bullet-time-done-right gameplay and this is already guaranteed gold.

I don't think we can tell one thing or another about how "noir-ish" it's going to be, because the one image of his silhouette is very evocative.

C4Lukins

squicken said:
OMG an open-world Burnout? It will be terrible. What are you doing Criterion? I know more than you about games don't ruin this franchise!!

Now now. There is no reason to think it is going to turn out as poorly as Burnout Paradise.

Top Bottom