• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Uncharted: Drake's Fortune goes Greatest Hits by August 16

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
Spotted in the Best Buy ad for week of August 16. Credit: NeoStrider@CAG

Uncharted for $30 two months before the sequel comes out.

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
In before sales talk.
I FREAKING HATE SALES TALK!
Its like GAF like to talk about sales more than play games. :(
</RANT>

Wario64 said:

Cool. I hope a lot more people do pick it up, it deserves it. Its been Platinum over here in Europe for a while. Does anyone know how that affected sales?

Volcynika

US is slow! Maybe it would've felt worth the money to me if I bought it as a GH rather than original price. Kinda wish I didn't buy it, really.

SuperEnemyCrab said:
Great news, but...if you've owned a PS3 for any significant length of time you should have already bought this game. :D

This. If you have a PS3 and still haven't played the game, do yourself a favor and get it asap. It is freaking great and one of my favorite games this gen. And sequel is shaping up to seriously trump the 1st game in absolutely every way. GotY material IMO.

Kittonwy

Banned
Wario64 said:

UNCHARTED!!!111!!!
angry.gif

LegoDad

Wario64 said:

Actually in most Best Buy's it already should be $30, as its on a list of hundreds of games for Best Buy to get rid of.. My store is holding a Buy 1 Get 1 Free sale on all these games, including Valkyria Chronicles, Uncharted, Prince of Persia, Shawn White Snowboarding, etc.. I even think Left 4 Dead is on the list..

StuBurns

Banned
It's been platinum in the UK for ages already. Well, it's a great game, not sure any GAFfers who own PS3s won't have already bought it, but if so, there's no excuse now, as if there ever was.

FINALLY

I've been wanting to get that game since I got my PS3 last month, and its finally dropping in price. Took them forever...

Edit:
To Stuburns:

I wouldn't buy a game that has over a million sales, and hasn't dropped in price yet. Other games might be more fun, and I would feel better about lending some support to a developer who needs it more.

HUELEN10 said:
Nevermind then. :(

Just fucking hang yourself. I hate shit like this about any minor flaw in any great game. Dude probably is sick of getting walked in on by his mom. How many fucking times does he have to tell her to knock before entering? Christ. Now he can't enjoy a single game because his life sucks.

See, I'm judging you based on a pathetic post that probably doesn't represent you. A bit of screen tearing doesn't affect this game in any way.

Catalix

And on the sixth day the LORD David Bowie created man and woman in His image. And he saw that it was good. On the seventh day the LORD created videogames so that He might take the bloody day off for once.
Don't think I'll buy it for more than $20. At this point, I'm just wondering how much the used copies will be.

jrricky

Banned
Lagpsike_exe said:
Yes it did. No idea why it took them this long for the game to reach Platinum.
...probably because it took that long to past the greatest hits threshold?...
this doesnt include shipped

I was happy to pay $60 for this, so yeah, if you don't have it already go out and get it as soon as it drops.

Uncharted wasn't a long game, but every 6 months or so I revisit it just because I love it so much.

jrricky said:
...probably because it took that long to past the greatest hits threshold?...
this doesnt include shipped

No. It was probably selling well enough at the full price-point for them to not want to knock 50% off the asking price. Uncharted sold a lot better than Ratchet and Clank Future, which went Greatest Hits earlier this summer.

Top Bottom