• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Konami Gamescom Press Conference

duckroll

Live blog now: http://kotaku.com/5340579/konamis-gamescom-presser-liveblog

Things of interest so far:

- New footage of MGS:peace Walker and Castlevania: Lords of Shadow

- Konami is publishing Hudson's The Tower of Shadow (Wii). Due in 2010.

- Konami Mobile to release to definitive kart racing on iPhone - Krazy Kart Racing. Supports up to 6 players. Features characters from various Konami franchises.

- Brand new Peace Walker trailer for Gamescom. Shows off the co-op multiplayer mode in the game, as detailed in Famitsu. No new single player or story info.

- Castlevania: Lords of Shadow is not a reharsh, but a rebirth. It will have high production values, and appeal to anyone who enjoys whipping vampires and werewolves. It will be accessible to non-Castlevania fans, but respectful of the old fanbase. Masks will play a major role in the game. Extended trailer shown.

- PES 2010 is all about taking feedback and refining and improving the core gameplay of the series. The demo in June was used to solicit feedback and the improvements will be reflected in the final game. Full analog control is in, 8-way control is gone. New trailer shown.

IrishNinja

Cmon....Lord of Shadows cancelled for efforts on the previously-spoken of Ida project?

MGS4 Subsistence: Plotfix (with trophies)? A proper Suikoden next? Zombies ate my Neighbors HD?

fuck it...Lethal Enforcers 4? work with me here, Konami. the bar's so low, ill be happy if you go back to your old-school logo.

mclem

duckroll said:
- Konami Mobile to release to definitive kart racing on iPhone - Krazy Kart Racing. Supports up to 6 players.
An original game? A port of Konami Krazy Racers? A sequel to it?

Just looked at the liveblog, seems to be a sequel, effectively, even if it's not retaining the name. Racing Pyramid Heads!

phpWvTZ1y_thumb_DSC00106.JPG

Dascu

lherre said:
Kojima visit spain a couple of times ...
Yeah, to overlook the project I assume. Do you know if he's actually doing something tangible though? Did he write the script?

duckroll

Dascu said:
Yeah, to overlook the project I assume. Do you know if he's actually doing something tangible though? Did he write the script?

Why would he? He's said before that this isn't his game. Kojima Productions simply saw the good work that Mercury Steam was doing and wanted to use their name to help boost the project's profile. Kojima likes what they're doing and wants to support them, but he's not working actively on the game. We know this.

lherre

Accurate
duckroll said:
Why would he? He's said before that this isn't his game. Kojima Productions simply saw the good work that Mercury Steam was doing and wanted to use their name to help boost the project's profile. Kojima likes what they're doing and wants to support them, but he's not working actively on the game. We know this.

More or less this, but is helping in some ways too (motion cap equipment, etc, etc).

Dascu

duckroll said:
Which is what I said earlier. Lherre however knows someone at Mercury Steam, so I'm asking if he might have a better view on the situation.

More or less this, but is helping in some ways too (motion cap equipment, etc, etc).
Ok. :)

StuBurns

Banned
He said 'did you like it', it's like a catch phrase. The man is so awesome.

I'm really excited for PW, it could be really cool. MGS4 felt very designed by committee at times, at least with a little budget like this, Kojima can be as absurd as he wants.

CTLance

Man, it's annoying when you get trailers for two wii games that net maybe three sentences combined, and when the (admittedly far more popular) MGS/Kojima stuff starts they suddenly manage to describe every single frame in great detail. Harumph. But what did I expect, really. Is the Kotaku liveblog the only one?

Konami without Kojima would be a B-rating company, right?
What good games have they produced the last 5 years?
Castlevania DS games where good, but not special.....

Time for some new, excellent, IP konami!

Top Bottom