• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Louis CK's new FX show - "Louie"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Clevinger

Hulu
IMDB

It starts Tuesday, June 29th on FX.

fc1a44.jpg

I'll update this post as more info becomes available. Only thing I know is it's not going to be anything like Lucky Louie, it'll have stand-up in it, and that Ricky Gervais is in it.

more info via Sepinwall:

The structure is similar to "Seinfeld" - if "Seinfeld" aired on FX late at night and Jerry were cruder and his misanthropy was interwoven with a healthy amount of self-hatred. Each episode intersperses bits of Louis C.K. stand-up with vignettes from his life that illustrate how he might have come to those jokes. (FX describes the show in its press notes not as a sitcom, but "a unique mix of Louis C.K.'s stand-up comedy and scripted short films.")

Why did I start the thread so early? CK put out a teaser of sorts for the show:

Louis C.K.'s Last Chance NSFW

promo 1
promo 2
promo 3
promo 4

harSon

Banned
Lucky Louie was good but sometimes the episodes were ridiculously short, some would end after like 10-15 minutes of runtime.

wenis

Registered for GAF on September 11, 2001.
Yea! this is going to be fucking awesome. I think the FX network is perfect for him. He has freedom to do enough, but they will know when to reign him in a bit.

B!TCH

how are you, B!TCH? How is your day going, B!ITCH?
Wonderful.

:lol @ "...like a parrot," and, "why is it black?"

way more

I wish his sit-com wife would come with him too.

656_603.jpg

She's so sexy. And that voice. It's all youthful and raspy. Sexy.

Clevinger

mac said:

656_603.jpg

She's actually in this new show, too. I'm not sure how much, though.

eznark

Banned
Same. Really looking forward to it. The "cunt" episode from Lucky Louie was one of the funniest single episodes of TV I've ever seen.

NumberTwo

Paper or plastic?
Great news. FX is quite possibly the best station on network television.

Also, Google audio captions; the gift that keeps on giving.
i4n283.png

mac said:

656_603.jpg

She's awesome in Californication too. I found out she's the voice of Bobby Hill after seeing her on that and now I can't unhear her whenever I watch King of the Hill.

BenjaminBirdie said:
I can't believe this FINALLY premieres tomorrow. The reviews have been spectacular so far.

Sepinwall: http://www.hitfix.com/blogs/whats-alan-watching/posts/review-fx-s-louie

Will I be proven right AGAIN?? Will this be the best comedy of all time?

I guess we all find out tomorrow...

Surely you mean the best after Entourage, right?
Note for the sarcasm-challenged: I'm really, really joking in the above sentence.

But seriously, all the positive press for this just has me even more hyped. I hope it's great, and I hope it's a success. Louis C.K. certainly deserves it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom