• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Man Discovers Homeless Lady Living in His House

Status
Not open for further replies.

DRock

has yet to tasted the golden nectar that is tag
I'm sure they could have worked something out, *wink *wink

andycapps

DRock said:
I'm sure they could have worked something out, *wink *wink

its-always-sunny2.gif

RubxQub

φίλω ἐξεχέγλουτον καί ψευδολόγον οὖκ εἰπόν
How could you have someone in your house for multiple weeks without realizing it?

What the hell was she planning on doing with her life?

Baker

Banned
I bet that was pretty fucked up for him watching it the first time. That's some ghost shit for the first few seconds.

wave dial

Completely unable to understand satire
The article is wrong. And way too egotistical about NYC.

Tokyo homeless woman lived in stranger's cupboard for a year

The woman, identified as 58-year-old Tatsuko Horikawa, was found by police searching the home of the man, who believed he lived alone in Fukuoka.

The resident of the house, who has not been named, became suspicious that he was the victim of repeat burglaries after he noticed food was going missing from his refrigerator.

The man decided to install security cameras linked to his mobile phone and on Wednesday caught images of a woman walking around the house while he was out.

Believing he had detected the burglar, the man contacted police and, after an exhaustive search of the property, officers found the woman hiding in the top of a built-in cupboard designed to store bedding and mattresses.

Behind the sliding door, she had laid out a thin futon and had several plastic drinks bottles, police said. There was just enough room for her to lay down, they added.

"We searched the house, checking everywhere that someone could possibly hide," said Hiroki Itakura, a police spokesman. "When we slid open the closet door, there she was, curled up nervously on her side."

Horikawa told police that she had nowhere to live and had first taken up residence in the cupboard, in a room that the man rarely used, about one year previously when the owner of the house had gone out and not locked the door.

Police believe she may have moved between different addresses in the neighbourhood during her stowaway year.

The woman did not apparently steal any money or other items from the house, but did make use of the shower and toilet.

The police described Horikawa as looking neat and clean. She was charged with trespassing.

Ventrue

I don't think this is a repost, there was just a very similar story involving a bedroom closet in Japan about a year ago.

fallengorn

Bitches love smiley faces
nilbog21 said:
EW she drank from the fuckign carton.
I'm calling shenanigans because of this. Did he really need to show him drinking out of the same carton during the morning, other than to sollicit "ewwws" from the audience?

tapedeck

Do I win a prize for talking about my penis on the Internet???
That video looks like bloopers from Paranormal Activity.

joeposh

fallengorn said:
I'm calling shenanigans because of this. Did he really need to show him drinking out of the same carton during the morning, other than to sollicit "ewwws" from the audience?

Yup, before I read about the story in japan that probably served as the inspiration for this, that was my tip off. Well that and her watching TV -- places in NYC just aren't big enough to get away with that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom