• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Jonathan Majors arrested on charges of strangulation, assault and harassment

Blackage

Another case of Amber Heard. These women need to be jailed.
Normally I'd say yes, but from everything I've read she was clearly not in the right state of mind about anything when they got a statement out of her initially. Assuming the timeline from #397 is accurate, she was wasted most of the night into the early morning and was coached by the police, who let's face facts, just care about making an arrest/clearance rates. The very next day she made an effort to clear him with both his attorneys and the police. It's not like she's out here actively lying for profit or to save face. Just something to keep in mind.

Toots

Gold Member

They're claiming they have hours of footage and that the police didn't treat majors fairly in the process

Can i finally resume my mancrush for him then ?
jonathan-majors-2-c908f0bcb5f842c1b518042ce9ad14fd.jpg

Pejo

What happened to the tweet?

Also what happened to the supposed other women that came forward and said that he was also violent/abusive to them?

Were there not other low pay witnesses such as limo drivers and bartenders that, in theory, could be paid off to tell their side of the tale in a more favorable light for the other women?

I dunno, ever since Major's lawyers made those texts public, I think this sounds like a classic hollywood coverup story.

Last edited:

jason10mm

Gold Member
What happened to the tweet?

Also what happened to the supposed other women that came forward and said that he was also violent/abusive to them?

Were there not other low pay witnesses such as limo drivers and bartenders that, in theory, could be paid off to tell their side of the tale in a more favorable light for the other women?

I dunno, ever since Major's lawyers made those texts public, I think this sounds like a classic hollywood coverup story.
Very much this. If the women agree to take the $$$ and STFU, the media is incentivized to memory hole the story, and the DA can be "convinced" to drop the case, then this guy can do his time-out and then do a victory lap on the usual talk shows about how he "has reflected on past actions, took accountability for my self, heard the voices of women, agree to do better, and OH HEY look at my NEW MOVIE!!!"

Maybe he was legit innocent. Maybe he was a total douche. Maybe he just had it with that chick and let slip a backhand. Likely we will never know if the machine wants to keep him around.

Azurro

Banned
It’s more about his overall persona than a purely physical thing, but yes i wanna squeeze his lovely cheeks like i was his granny 😂

Well, I don't play for that team, but as a regular guy, I always wondered why this guy looks like he keeps storing seeds in his mouth cheeks. My mind just keeps going like: "Just spit them out for fuck's sake!!" :p

Fatmanp

Its not a surprise that Disney are basically in a holding pattern because more and more instances of there being "More than meets the eye" has occurred in the last few months.

Sonik

I might be talking out of my ass here but this could easily be yet another case of woman constantly attacking boyfriend and when boyfriend finally snaps and fights back spoiled brat plays the victim and goes to the police.

I've seen so many fucking cases of this both from strangers and people close to me, remember folks if your gf is violent ALWAYS record it because no one is gonna believe you

Ulysses 31

I might be talking out of my ass here but this could easily be yet another case of woman constantly attacking boyfriend and when boyfriend finally snaps and fights back spoiled brat plays the victim and goes to the police.

I've seen so many fucking cases of this both from strangers and people close to me, remember folks if your gf is violent ALWAYS record it because no one is gonna believe you
Yeah but didn't they release a recording of that girlfriend talking to him after the fact and saying he did nothing wrong(which sounded almost like a victim asking her abuser for forgiveness) and now he's gonna sue her? :messenger_winking_tongue:

Last edited:

Pejo

Yeah but didn't they release a recording of that girlfriend talking to him after the fact and saying he did nothing wrong(which sounded almost like a victim asking her abuser for forgiveness) and now he's gonna sue her? :messenger_winking_tongue:
The countersuit is almost always a way to publicly save face. Whether its warranted or not, however...

DeafTourette

Perpetually Offended
Last edited:

Sonik

So you took her admission that she lied as proof that she's the victim here?

DeafTourette

Perpetually Offended

None of this is making sense... Does he have actual doppelgangers? Another Jonathan Majors from a parallel universe? It ALL can't be true. He's either an abuser or he's not!

BTW, it all that is true from the tweet... We should have heard about it before this year.

Jonathan in all his pics look like a Major Asshole, Toxic and everything terrible

But If something i know from Sure in life, and seen the divorce and lawsuits of múltiple People i know, is a pure victim is very rare

Im pretty sure both are fucking Assholes, Toxic and everything bad we can imagine, the real question is

Who was the biggest Asshole who made more damage

DeafTourette

Perpetually Offended

Ok, so ... Question: all of these people who knew these women... NONE of them helped them? None of them filed police complaints? At least more than one "witnessed" him being abusive with multiple partners and didn't SAY or DO anything to help? No one stood up to him? Until relatively recently, he wasn't as huge, physically, as he is now. None of this is adding up, logically.

I have to wonder... Why now? Because it seems like a case of witch-hunt.

As with the cosby case I will reserve judgement until we get no less than 30 witnesses and accusers. Can never be too sure.
The overwhelming number of accusers plus him admitting in court that he drugged women, but also saying he never raped them. That's what finally did it for me with Cosby. I had to think he was guilty after that. I'm Mr benefit of the doubt, wait for the facts, innocent until proven guilty, but I couldn't believe him after that.

I still support Michael Jackson, though. There's way too much evidence on both sides of that allegation, and none of it is anywhere near as strong as Cosby. With Majors, I'm just glad everyone is taking this very seriously. If he is innocent, I hope his career survives.

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member

I havent been following this case, so his lawyers admit his rough behaviour then? lol

That's like a case where someone stabbed the other person. Instead of saying he didn't do it, his lawyers says he did the stabbing but was sleep walking.

Well, looks like we're already half way to a conviction.

Nobody_Important

“Aww, it’s so...average,” she said to him in a cold brick of passion
This entire case is such a fucking mess. I haven't seen a case of potential domestic violence go back and forth this badly since the Depp situation.

No idea what to believe.

Top Bottom