• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

'Friends' Star Matthew Perry Dead at 54 After Apparent Drowning

Von Hugh

matthew perry friends GIF

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
The OP story says no drugs were found, so that probably rules out being drugged up and passing out in the jacuzzi. I'll take a guess is he was drunk and passed out. Celebs seem to have a knack for passing out in tubs.

RJMacready73

Simps for Amouranth
RIP, friends was such a staple in the 90's, I'd chill out on the sofa all day Sunday coming down from a hard Saturday nite clubbing and this show never failed to make me laugh, proper wholesome daft comedy

Nankatsu

Gold Member
Just the other day was zapping and watched a couple of Friends episodes, because it's just one of those series you can easily have a laugh without having a clue what's going on.

Matthew was a damn funny guy and a blast to watch but that drug abuse really haunted him.

RIP champ.

StueyDuck

It was a huge shock waking up from one of the drunkest nights I've had in... well 4 years to this really sad news.

Was a real gut punch

TGO

Hype Train conductor. Works harder than it steams.
This hurts, so sad.
He was easily my favourite.
R.I.P

Last edited:

sono

Gold Member
RIP

Unfortunately drowning the hot tub isnt that dignified end to an otherwise positive life, but we all got to shake off the mortal coil sometime.

poppabk

Cheeks Spread for Digital Only Future
Every hot tub I have ever been in has a warning about not staying in too long and warnings about heart conditions. Hopefully he got lightheaded and then just drifted off.

SlimySnake

Flashless at the Golden Globes
He was the best friend. But i did get to appreciate Ross a lot more on re-runs. His character was downgraded in latter seasons after he was paired up with monica but the first season after they hook up is pure gold and every season before that was peak chandler. one of the funniest sitcom actors ever. RIP.

SlimySnake

Flashless at the Golden Globes
Incredibly sad, but unfortunately another one that’s not all that surprising. Perry had a life long struggle with drugs and alcohol, and that takes a toll on the body and the mind.

RIP.
yep. he was addicted to drugs for decades and while he was sober the last few years, just like carrie fisher, the heart can only take so much.

pretty sure they said its a cardiac arrest.

Tieno

Oh man, how devastating.
I was a massive Friends fan, it was the first show (together With The Simpsons) I really got into back in the early 90's.
Still remember discovering it while channelsurfing, I stumbled upon The Jill Goodacre scene, had to laugh so hard, kept watching ever since
I hope he's at peace.

Last edited:

DeafTourette

Perpetually Offended
Not to divert the thread but Richard Moll also passed, sad day for classic comedy. You KNOW these legends are roasting Saint Pete as we speak.

Not Bull!!! Dammit!

I wasn't a fan of Friends. It wasn't funny, but Perry always seemed like a good guy... like a better person than "Ross", despite his addictions.

Top Bottom