• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

'Friends' Star Matthew Perry Dead at 54 After Apparent Drowning

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?

Matthew Perry -- one of the stars of 'Friends' -- has died ... TMZ has learned.

Law enforcement sources tell us the actor was found Saturday at an L.A.-area home ... where we're told he appears to have drowned. Our sources say first-responders rushed over on a call for cardiac arrest. It's unclear where exactly on the grounds this happened.

Our sources say he was found in a jacuzzi at the home ... and we're told there were no drugs found at the scene. We're also told there is no foul play involved.

Last edited:

Jenov

Very sad. Watched the Friends reunion last year and they touched on how he suffered so much with substance abuse and almost died in 2018. Either this is relapse related or his body finally gave out, poor guy. RIP Matthew Perry.

T-0800

Friends Hug GIF

clem84

Gold Member
I laughed so hard at some of his scenes on Friends. Very sad news. Way too young. I was praying the gang were going to get back together someday.

I'm also sad to learn he had a less than healthy lifestyle. I hope he's in a better place.

HAYA8U5A

Friends is my favorite show ever and Three's Company isn't far behind so this has been a shitty last few weeks with Somers and Perry. Studio 60 deserved a much longer run too. Don't know if a celebrity death will ever hit me as hard as Chester did but this is up there.

The actor was very careless, he consumed drugs, he smoked a lot, he was very heavy and he consumed alcohol, surely an overdose of alcohol or drugs must have happened to him while he was in the jacuzzi.
Already been reported that there wasn't anything like that at the scene (Well drugs at least) and he had supposedly been sober for a while. The toll those days took on his health were evident though so likely still a factor in such a young death. The fact he had been playing pickelball for two hours shortly before combined with the jacuzzi makes me think he had a heart attack or stroke. Based on his last Instagram post the jacuzzi in question is also more pool sized and not the small hot tub I think people are picturing.

Last edited:

isual

dang man. I'm normally apathetic towards these things, but 54 is still young.

I watched his shows in the 90s and early 2000s. sad to see him go this way.

FoxMcChief

Gold Member
Such a shame. He was the consistently most funny Friend. The man had his demons. At least his hard fight with them is over. I hope he’s at peace. If there is such a thing.

Top Bottom